Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
on: November 06, 2009, 03:25:33 AM
I was playing X6 extreme mode unarmored X:

- I can equip part enchacements & collect hearts
- I allowed myself to use Charge Buster Shot/Saber & Boss Weapons during stage run. Ground Dash,Yammar Options was been very useful to me. Ice Burst being the most retarded. >.>
- During Boss Fights I can only use Buster Pea shot or Saber w/ the exception against High Max.

So far I beat Yammar, Wolfgang, Metal Shark, Nightmare Zero with Buster Pea Shot and Sheldon, Turtloid, Heatnix, Scaravich with the saber.

Then it all boils down to Mijinion. Buster Pea shot is out since he uses it to regenerate life bar. With to much going on plus those annoying infinite duplicates...is it possible beating him with just the saber? I can handle his basic attacks & ray arrow but once he duplicates...arg!!!  >_< Though as I observe there are some instances that when I hit him with the saber he's been knocked off BUT doesn't duplicate. So I'm wondering if there is a specific moment that I must wait so that he can't do duplication.

Any ideas or tips on handling Infinity Mijinion?

Or should I just forget it, set aside my pride and use Guard Shell?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 04:46:58 AM
Shock buffer, charge shot, guard shell.

At least thats what I did.

My strategy up till now, Ultimate buster, speedster, overdrive. When I went up against Mijinion, I got rid of speedster, and equipped shock buffer. Its quite useful. Then, I equipped guard shell, and pelted him with  charge shots as often as possible. With guard shell equipped to possibly reflect back at him his multi directional energy shots or his laser arrow. Though never stay in the same place too long. I was almost never on the floor, too busy chasing him up the walls and avoiding the bubbles. ignore the duplicates, they dont attack. hit the bubbles with the saber, and just ignore them unless they are in the way. Shock buffer does miracles I tell you.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:01:39 AM
Can I ask? What the hell does the guard shell do?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 05:26:05 AM
Uncharged id makes an energy shield in front of you that blocks most energy projectiles and then shoots its own energy projectile back out. X can aim the shield in 4 directions, Zero only in front of himself.

Charged, creates 4 clam shells on the 4 corners of the screen that shoot diagonally when you press the fire button I think.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 09:02:04 AM
Also you can't fire until the shots are off-screen, so it has a mad slow firing rate.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 03:42:51 PM
I hate fighting Mijinion. Almost always end up just tanking the fight with sub tanks.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 07:00:27 PM
I just shoot him a lot in a small period of time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 07:05:18 PM
Equip Shock buffer. Its a life saver. I use Shock buffer and Ultimate buster. Helps unarmored X take him down quicker.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 10:06:11 PM
Here's the best way I found to fight Mijinion, which coincidentally might also be the quickest:

• Suck it up and use Zero.
  • Equip D. Barrier.
  • Fight Mijinion early on so he has less health. He should be Level 1.
  • Pray he stays low (yes, a bit of luck is required in this right). If he does travel up, either poke him with Ensuizan or just wait for him to come down. Whatever you do, DON'T hit him with a regular Z Saber hit.
  • Z Buster the [parasitic bomb] out of him and his clones.
  • Don't try to avoid damage. Just keep bustering.
  • If the bubbles get a bit too overwhelming, Ensuizan.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 10:55:06 PM
That X6 Z-buster was quite [twin slasher].

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 11:25:25 PM
Oh yes. Felt a little weird how it was actually quite useful for several bosses, I had it pegged as a sidearm.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 12:56:52 PM
Shock buffer, charge shot, guard shell.

At least thats what I did.

My strategy up till now, Ultimate buster, speedster, overdrive. When I went up against Mijinion, I got rid of speedster, and equipped shock buffer. Its quite useful. Then, I equipped guard shell, and pelted him with  charge shots as often as possible. With guard shell equipped to possibly reflect back at him his multi directional energy shots or his laser arrow. Though never stay in the same place too long. I was almost never on the floor, too busy chasing him up the walls and avoiding the bubbles. ignore the duplicates, they dont attack. hit the bubbles with the saber, and just ignore them unless they are in the way. Shock buffer does miracles I tell you.
You know I just realized that my conditions contradicts:
During Boss Fights I can only use Buster Pea shot or Saber w/ the exception against High Max.
I can equip part enchacements
Where in there is Ultimate Charge. I do have it but didn't equip it due to my pride.

So anyway after too much frustration I just then decide to blast him with Charge Buster, D Barrier & Hyper Dash equip. But somehow...I feel UNSATISFIED!!!

What I only want is to beat him with Buster Pea Shot which is impossible, so I tried saber only but also is impossible as far as I'm concern. >.>

That makes me appreciate Split Mushroom even more. 

• Fight Mijinion early on so he has less health. He should be Level 1.
I also considered that idea  but I can't survive Ilumina.
  • Don't try to avoid damage. Just keep bustering.
THIS

I always believe that every boss should be beatable with the Buster Pea Shot or any basic weapon, much longer fight yes, but doable.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 06:28:30 PM
I also considered that idea  but I can't survive Ilumina.

Just spam Turtloid's weapon on him.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 08:30:31 PM
But won't he be more than level 1 if you have beaten Turtloid first?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:31:20 PM
Not necessarily. The level depends on your rank. If you're anything below SA, the bosses will be Level 1. If you're SA, they'll be Level 2. And so on.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 05:10:51 PM
Just spam Turtloid's weapon on him.
I'm pretty much aware of that.
The level depends on your rank. If you're anything below SA, the bosses will be Level 1. If you're SA, they'll be Level 2. And so on.
Okay that make sense. Didn't know it until now. Like Align, I also thought the same thing before.