Kiddy Girl-and...wtf?

Pringer X · 4182

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: March 14, 2009, 07:46:15 AM
Ok, I don't know when this was announced exactly, but the studio responsible for Kiddy Grade had passed the production of K.G. 2 to a different studio, the one responsible for shuffle. As of now, the only real thing being known is the name of the series, and what the character's will look like. K.G.2 is now Kiddy Girl-and, and the new major characters have changed in design (drastically or slightly, it's up to you):

Gonzo studio KG2 characters:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Shuffle! studio KG2 characters:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

In my opinion, I'm pissed. The title change is too 'friendly' and 'cute' sounding. As for the character design changes, it seemed as if the purple-haired girl in the original wasn't changed at all (just drawn by a different artist), while the other one was flat-out trashed, for a pink-haired replacement.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:53:33 PM
i like the original design better
the pink haired girl looks so generic

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:55:53 PM
Pink eyes > Purple eyes.

Yeah this is werid I mean pink hair?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 05:10:16 PM
I don't mind pink hair, myself, but I have to agree here. I think they're sacrificing originality for something that's easier to produce--meaning cheaper. It's easier for animation artists to go faster if the characters generally look about the same. Making the other girl less loli and look like a generic anime girl is...cheaper in the literal sense.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 05:20:04 PM
In my opinion, I'm pissed. The title change is too 'friendly' and 'cute' sounding.

You're angry.

Because they changed the name.

srsly man

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:54:34 PM
I'll wait for the anime to be out to give a final decision.
It's still early afterall.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 01:14:45 AM
The title change is too 'friendly' and 'cute' sounding

Like "Kiddy Grade" sounds real serious.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 03:54:37 PM
Aww... little girlies.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 04:41:14 PM
You're angry.

Because they changed the name.

srsly man

I'm angry at the high possibility of the entire concept of the anime being changed. Imagine if Mega Man had been given to a completely different company and it was turned into an edutainment game, or Halo being turned into a Horse sim-thing.

Like "Kiddy Grade" sounds real serious.

There was a sense of irony about it when you got into the story.

Unless the only real difference is just the art, I'm pissed. I loved Kiddy Grade, and if the sequel (which looked HIGHLY promising in the trailers) goes from being what the sequel to a space opera should be to some crappy love-fest or cutsie comedy, then I'll be beyond disappointed with Gonzo and the entire company behind him/it.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 08:31:57 PM
I'm angry at the high possibility of the entire concept of the anime being changed. Imagine if Mega Man had been given to a completely different company and it was turned into an edutainment game, or Halo being turned into a Horse sim-thing.

Why would that make me angry? They made some games that I liked, now they've stopped and are making some games I don't like. I'll just stick with the ones I enjoy, it's not like having a sequel will change them in any way.

You don't even know what the second season will be like, but already you're enraged because you might not enjoy it? If it sucks, don't watch it. There's no reason to get angry because someone made a sequel to your show. Are you a [tornado fang]ing child?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 08:59:20 AM
I've given it some thought, and I've come to realize that I've never actually explained my reason for hating the change that's been known so far. Just looking at it as a change in art style IS rather childish, but my anger (on a smaller scale than what's probably been given off) stems from the IMPACT of the art and studio change. Gonzo's style allowed the story to unfold the way it did without looking odd or out of place. Blood was spilled, political battles were fought, and the characters themselves along with the abilities being fairly original for the most part (yeah, a couple of common ones showed up, but for the most part, it wasn't just common super-powers; Eclair was like Indiana Jones and the Hulk being combined into a hot chick that made a whip come from lipstick streaks and if her lip color was altered in anyway she'd gain super-human strength (I said lip color change because once or twice she actually bit her lip and smeared the blood to activate her power)). A lot of the other characters were the same, they all seemed to be impossible to compare to a stock anime character type, or even just drawn as regular art.

With the studio change, that can be drastically different, and I don't recall too many times that a project was handed over to a different company turn out to be about on par with the expectations in the first place. Instead of having two characters who's weapons were magic stones and a comb, we now have a much more generic look that doesn't seem like it goes well with the story, which is more than likely going to be altered to a fairly great amount. Can you imagine the type of character that the studio has gone and created with blood on their hands, or they turn out to be some crazy [sonic slicer] who's managed to combine herself with an entire space station and plans to kill an entire planet? If the character that's been changed so far ends up becoming a cliche or stock character, who's depth is about as deep as a kiddy pool, just imagine as to what the rest of the cast will be like. They'll have to make them similar in apparel, but what about the new characters that they'll end up bringing in? What if they give the characters that were left behind an entirely different image? As far as reputation goes, the people don't have a lot to say. Heck, it's confusing enough as it is as to who the heck is actually MAKING the changes. Is it the director of Shuffle! just working together with the artists of it? Is it someone else who works for the same company?

Only one of two things have to happen before I change my mind and admit I was horribly wrong about this: 1) it's the actual planned sequel that Gonzo teased the fans with, only with different looking characters, or 2) this is someones idea of a REALLY horribly executed April Fool's joke that decided to do a month early (it took me about a week or two to actually bother putting this up from the original place that I got this from).

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 09:19:09 AM
...... ???

Oookay.  Um, your reasons for hating this stem from a lot of What If's.  So far, Tickle Buffalo's point still stands.  You're hating something before it comes out.

...Although, that primarily seems to be the standard nerd/dork/geek method when it comes to Anime/Games/Etc.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 09:38:21 AM
Nobody should hate a sequel for changing things anyway. Just judge it as its own show, without thinking about the original. Either it's good and you should watch it or it's bad and you shouldn't. None of this fanboy IT MUST LIVE UP TO THE GLORY OF ITS PREDECESSOR stuff. The original wasn't some sacred work, if something fails to live up to it it's not a big deal. Nobody's gonna force you to watch the new one, and it's not like it's gonna change anything about the original that you did like.

You're acting like those idiots who were up in arms because Fallout 3 was an FPS unlike the first two games. They don't have to play it. The old games are still gonna be there. Is the name that important that it's worth getting angry about because it was used for a new game? It's a name. Come on.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 01:08:45 AM
Ok, first of all, when yo mentioned halo and horse sims, i got a real funny image of master Chief riding  a horse in your everyday farm, and I lol'd.
Second of all, so basically your just angry because the Show was a big impact on you, (EG you FELT it in your heart so to speak,) and thats why your all angry about the change.

but Buffalo's point still stands.
Saber Marionette J is my favorite Anime. if they suddenly made a sequel, (its impossible due to the ending, but bear with me.) and it was completely different than what is should be was and I was expecting, the pulled all the stops, and the characters look COMPLETELY different that they did, as in not a shred of similarity, the story changed so the main 3 chicks aren't androids but demons and they are guys, and all that change up the story jazz, sure ill be angry a bit and probably just point it out with a "WTF man..." and that would be that. I wouldn't go on ranting about it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 01:31:24 AM
It depends on whether or not the new series is good enough to offset the redesigns. Until then, any opinion I were to give would be invalid.