Computer Problem Thread

Flame · 203890

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: August 08, 2011, 03:26:10 AM
Well, it was error message that said that it oculdn't complete tthe download. IT was due to a "Delayed Write Failure" or soemthing. It doesn't appear now but I am not taking any chances on this.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #651 on: August 08, 2011, 02:40:46 PM
Is this an external hard drive?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #652 on: August 09, 2011, 03:36:07 AM
ITs an internal hard drive and things seem a little better now.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: August 09, 2011, 03:36:09 PM
Basically a delayed write failure is the fault of windows itself. For whatever reason, be it too busy at the time or whatever, Windows doesn't always write to a drive right away. This is also another reason crashes and power outages aren't good for computers.

Most commonly this is seen with USB storage devices when you just yank the drive out without doing the "Safely Remove Hardware" thing, thus why I asked if it was external. This is seen most often with programs like Microsoft Word, and other MS Office software due to the way it saves files.

It sounds like this happened a lot, and constantly. For some reason Windows was halting on writing the files in question. I can't say for certain why Windows was halting, and likewise I cannot rule out faulty hardware either. It could very well be the drive is bad, or it could just be a glitch in windows that just went away now.

Without a physical examination of the machine, I can't really say much more than that.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #654 on: August 21, 2011, 01:42:42 PM
Okay, so. I recently got an RCA to 3.5 Stereo cord that I'm using to get sound from my consoles onto my PC. Works fine. Except I can't find where to control the volume of this damn thing.

Well, that's a lie. I have to go into my Realtek Audio Manager in order to get Line In to respond to anything, as it is pretty loud at times. I'm trying to get it to show up on my volume mixer.  I've been searching google and while there are solutions, none of them seem to work. I'm not sure if it's stereo mix I need to get onto the mixer or what, but it makes it a real pain during streaming when you have to open three or four windows to adjust volume for audio and mic.

What I have at the moment is a program called Power Mixer. It does exactly what I need (letting me control all volume levels), but it's a trial version. I'm hoping that if, for whatever reason, I can't get this to show up on my Windows 7 mixer that someone else knows of another program that can do what I'm needing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #655 on: August 21, 2011, 02:46:25 PM
Stereo Mixer is for the sound the computer itself makes.
If you change the Line In to default device in Sound>Recording Devices, you should be set to record what you need to without anything fancy. From there, go to that device's properties, and adjust the volume of it using the Levels tab.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #656 on: August 30, 2011, 03:08:20 AM

Uhh, yeah. I am gonna restart, but how do I fix it if it shows up again ? Also, this is VISTA I'm talking about.  X(

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: September 20, 2011, 05:37:14 AM
I got a startup problem that needs to be addressed. Just today I discovered that my computer didn't startup because I got an error saying that, "Lsass.exe is missing or unable to be loaded. Now, this has only happpened to me just npw but I want to know how I can fix this?

HP Vectra

80 GB Hard drive

256 MB of RAM

Windows XP Professional SP3

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #658 on: September 20, 2011, 08:19:56 PM
Lsass.exe is a file used during when you log on. It verifies the validity of user logons to your PC or server.

It can be found the the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

I would recommend doing a virus/malware scan to make sure something isn't moving around files or deleting them. I would also suggest using a registry cleaner to hopefully prevent this type of problem from occuring again.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #659 on: September 21, 2011, 06:22:10 PM
I resolved the Lsass.exe crisis and my files are pretty much intact, I just want to know what would be a good registry cleaner in case that happens again. Also, I want to know if I need to put in another partition like the Ubuntu or anyhting so that I can access my files just in case it happens? Should I really get a new partition or am I fine with just one?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #660 on: September 21, 2011, 06:58:58 PM
I recommend CCleaner. It's completely free and works like a charm.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #661 on: September 23, 2011, 07:20:43 AM
I have program called MP4Tool (or Surround MP4 Tool 3.1.0 if you heard of it) and it usually works when I need something done that until recently that I recevied error reports. I tried disabling the error reports but it still comes back, I like to believe that I have too many video conversion programs as well as their codecs installed and it is a conflict hence the "egencoder.dll has encountered a problem and needs to close" debacle. Is there anyway I can resolve this?

AppName: egencoder.dll
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
ModName: egencoder.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 00232378

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #662 on: October 22, 2011, 07:33:32 PM
Ok so whenever my resolution changes due to say, opening an emulator, (like Gens) this happens to my screen.

why?

I also cannot close anything, and [parasitic bomb] in general is just all [tornado fang]'d up on the screen. It forces me to hard reset my computer when it happens.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hiryu

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #663 on: October 22, 2011, 07:55:13 PM
It is possible the video drivers don't support the resolution Gens puts out.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #664 on: October 22, 2011, 08:21:34 PM
Except it has worked before. This is a recent thing. Ive played Gens on here forever.

And im able to change the resolution to Vista basic manually with no problem

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #665 on: October 25, 2011, 06:37:35 AM
Vista
There's your problem right there. Get 7 or downgrade to XP. But in all seriousness, it's probably a fuckup in the registry, so a restore should fix it.

Previously Zerokun.
If it moves, shoot it; if it doesn't move, well......shoot it anyway.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #666 on: October 26, 2011, 06:43:33 PM
Does anyone know of any good avi conversion prgrams that work mp3s? I had one already but just recently it began to fail on me, I don't why that is but I do know it is time for it to go. I have a visual land mp3 player and I need programs other than the one I use to have that work just as well and doesn't mess up in the middle of the conversion.

EVer heard of Surround MP4 Tool from Evergreen? It use to work but now it doesn't do anything except complain about the egencoder.dll file failed.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #667 on: October 27, 2011, 12:04:07 AM
Format Factory works great for that. Gotten several videos to mp3 files (even avi)! Oh, and it's free too sooo...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #668 on: October 30, 2011, 04:46:11 AM
I also need help with videos that I want to resize without losing any quality, I don't like widescreen videos but I cannot resize some videos into fullscreen. Are there programs for that? How I get rid of the widescreen off some videos?

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #669 on: December 23, 2011, 09:11:02 PM
I had  done research on the internet and JQS is tied to Java but I wonder how I can remove the error? Is there any way that doesn't involve downloading a bamillion programs to remove it?

Posted on: November 13, 2011, 19:35:24
I am looking for something that will allow me to download youtube videos without worry about Waldemar or adware. Are they programs that will allow me to do that or which version Orbit Downloader is the safest?

Offline Hiryu

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #670 on: December 25, 2011, 03:33:15 AM
http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

I've used this one for a while and it hasn't let me down.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #671 on: December 25, 2011, 04:39:08 AM
I use this one:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

Whenever it detects a video file playing, an icon will animate. Click the dropdown arrow next to it to see the available formats you can download. When you download the videos this way, it will download them in their original source format (the format it was originally uploaded by the author), without any unnecessary conversion or editing. Very handy when you want a video clip without degrading the quality even further than necessary. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #672 on: December 26, 2011, 12:00:45 AM
I don't want to double post but now I have a new problem related to the bin, the other day I was uninstalling a program and clearing out the registry using C Cleaner when I found that now its asking me to delete 'WINDOWS'. How do I avoid this to in order stop any further complications?

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #673 on: January 05, 2012, 01:59:25 AM
While I was out, I accidentally dropped my music player on the floor. I picked up the player and everything seems fine save for the screen. I can still see most the commands and options but there is a black spot on the bottom right of the screen. Everything else is intact but my screen isn't as clear as it should be and the phenomenon is going on the inside of the player. Is there anything else I should worry about?

Visual Land (Blue)
V Motion Pro 8GB

Offline Hiryu

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: January 05, 2012, 09:41:44 PM
I don't think so.