The new next-gen 2013 Xbox reveal (discussions here)

VixyNyan · 67709

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: June 13, 2013, 08:42:21 PM
Seriously if I studied every FPS game and someone gives me a screen shot of one, I wouldn't be able to tell what it is.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: June 13, 2013, 08:46:13 PM
You play one Call of Duty you've played them all.

You play one Madden you've played them all.

You play one *Insert big name franchise that has yearly releases here* you've played them all.

Very bland and safe, and these games still only barely make back their budget and are "Failures" because of how much money they flood into them.

Its [tornado fang]ing sick.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:44 PM
Seriously if I studied every FPS game and someone gives me a screen shot of one, I wouldn't be able to tell what it is.

Now now not every FPS looks gray and gritty. There's Irrational Games' BioShock series that actually looks unique from other games in the genre. BioShock Infinite is probably the most vibrant and colorful FPS that exists.

BioShock 1 and 2 have an interesting underwater theme and the overall design seperates them from the flock.

There's probably others, not many mind you, but still. More FPS games should try to be different like the BioShock series.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: June 13, 2013, 08:52:36 PM
Now now not every FPS looks gray and gritty.

Serious Sam is pretty colorful (for an FPS) and its more along the lines of a 90s FPS game, no reloading [parasitic bomb].

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: June 13, 2013, 08:54:58 PM
It's actually why I like Halo. It has actual color and pretty awesome levels. Plus JEEP ACTION!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: June 13, 2013, 08:58:36 PM
I can respect Halo. Halo sort of redefined the genre, (it saved the original Xbox too) but then everyone wanted to be Halo, and that kind of ruined it. Halo became this giant OMG HALO thing and I got sick of it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #331 on: June 13, 2013, 09:05:16 PM
Now now not every FPS looks gray and gritty. There's Irrational Games' BioShock series that actually looks unique from other games in the genre. BioShock Infinite is probably the most vibrant and colorful FPS that exists.

BioShock 1 and 2 have an interesting underwater theme and the overall design seperates them from the flock.

There's probably others, not many mind you, but still. More FPS games should try to be different like the BioShock series.
This is why BioShock, and its spiritual ancestor System Shock, will stand out for me unlike Call of Doggies: See Spot Gun Down the Mailman XXVII: Origins. You will NEVER Art Deco, Steampunk or Cyberpunk in Call of Doggies. Ever.

Posted on: June 13, 2013, 03:01:17 PM
Plus System Shock is part RPG, not just FPS, and I've been an RPG person more than an FPS fan.

I can respect Halo. Halo sort of redefined the genre, (it saved the original Xbox too) but then everyone wanted to be Halo, and that kind of ruined it. Halo became this giant OMG HALO thing and I got sick of it.
That and MANY games since than re-used the recharging shield mechanic over and over again.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: June 14, 2013, 12:35:14 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #333 on: June 14, 2013, 12:38:21 AM
So, your PS4 games will work on a nuclear sub?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: June 14, 2013, 12:44:13 AM
It can probably run the sub! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: June 14, 2013, 01:02:33 AM
I wonder if you can play the PS4 on Mars. XD

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:59 AM
I wonder if you can play the PS4 on Mars. XD
Its region-free, so you can still play it even if you get sucked through a massive blackhole of [tornado fang] that Xbone created and wind up on an planet from another dimension inhabited by catpeople. 8D

Their technology will probably way more advanced than ours though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: June 14, 2013, 06:55:56 AM
There's ALWAYS lower

I mean, region locking is one thing. But if I'm reading this correctly, if you buy an XBone in the US, then have to travel for business or whatever, you won't be able to play your games due to the system being import locked.

Wow. Just.... wow.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #338 on: June 14, 2013, 06:58:01 AM
Just keep digging that grave, Microsoft.  You're almost there.  Soon, you'll be deep enough that the overlying earth should suppress the stench.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: June 14, 2013, 07:01:31 AM
This is just getting rediculous, its like the Xbone is a parody of overpowering DRM that fucks users over, its too crazy to exist, yet it does. It boggles the mind.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: June 14, 2013, 07:02:02 AM
There getting closer to that black hole leading to a planet of man eating plants and acid.

Meanwhile we are still combing prehistoric times for the location of their brains.

Seriously amazing how much stuff is being leaked out.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: June 14, 2013, 07:19:32 AM
Meanwhile, in Thundera, everybody is playing PS4 and Wii U while Mum-Ra tries to sabotage everybody's fun with an army of Xboned machines and fantards.

Seriously amazing how much stuff is being leaked out.
It's the [parasitic bomb] that's leaking out of the septic tank of Microsoft HQ. And it stinks. >^<

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #342 on: June 14, 2013, 07:35:20 AM
Better call a plumber to take a look at those pipes! 8D

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: June 14, 2013, 08:42:10 AM
...Wait a tick, that's it right there! Xbox One is [parasitic bomb] from the assholes at Microsoft and every one of their employees just as Captain Novolin is human misery in video game form. It is essentially a TV box filled with [parasitic bomb] and operates as a "gaming console" on that very fecal matter it was made from. That is the only logical conclusion for this soggy diarrhea of a gaming platform to exist. No way can animals can produce excrement this putrid and foul -- even if they tried or if they were drugged up on laxatives -- only human beings with the combined IQ as low as Microsoft as a whole can take a huge [parasitic bomb] that offends all five human senses. :o

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: June 14, 2013, 09:04:18 AM

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #345 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:18 AM
Hammer those nails in there good and tight, Microsoft.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #346 on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:45 AM
I think the best part of it is that they know how incredibly poorly-received the system is, which almost guarantees it will fail (or do incredibly poorly, at the very least), and yet they're sticking to it.

It's blind arrogance at its finest, really.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: June 14, 2013, 09:20:43 AM
http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-users-must-waive-right-class-action-suits-against-microsoft-experts-weigh-1306797

*sigh* I'm done trying to understand how their mind works.

On a lighter note, DAT ROLLER COASTER TYCOON! <3

I think it's time the Microsoft heads took a little... "dip" in the water.
[spoiler]people who played the game will know what I'm talking about[/spoiler]

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: June 14, 2013, 09:35:25 AM
There's ALWAYS lower

I mean, region locking is one thing. But if I'm reading this correctly, if you buy an XBone in the US, then have to travel for business or whatever, you won't be able to play your games due to the system being import locked.

Wow. Just.... wow.

Well, that is EXACTLY what happens when ALL games need to be activated online, they can easily IP block them. This [parasitic bomb] is annoying enough with YT videos and other online services, but a [tornado fang]ing videogame console? Yeeeeeeah, no, sorry MS but no sale.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:58 PM
Sad part is people are STILL pre-order this thing. I went into GameStop today to fully pay off my reserve of Project X Zone and the customer next to me ask to pre-order the Xbox One and I was like "Seriously?!" which boggled my mind a bit. He did say he wanted it just to watch movies, but wouldn't a normal Blu-Ray and DVD Player be cheaper and better to have as he said he doesn't plan on getting video games for it.

I mean, why pay for more to play movies on a system when you can get something that plays that solely and cost less? I neglect to mention that but sometimes, do people even use their brains at all? No offense but some people just make me do a double take at times at the things they do.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3