• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: April 26, 2009, 08:07:59 PM
Yes you should! It's FUN!  :)

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: April 26, 2009, 08:45:19 PM
I can help you on graphics and song finding kuja  ;)

Well if you came up with 2 good songs that fit the themes well, and that i like it, i'll consider it. :) Im defintely open to people's ideas.

I know there's plenty of great songs out there, just so hard to really find something i'd be comfortable with.
Like for the tower level (2nd half boltman AFTER the valley) ..i thought about:
---------------------------------------------
Megaman X1: Boomer Kuwanger...cause that's a tower level that's almost always going straight up completely ...and the song itself starts at a low tone...and keeps rising more and more until it gets really high...then restarts over in low tone again.

Megaman Wily Wars: Wily Tower 1...that's where about 50% of the inner tower graphics came from. And i like that song too. :) but ehhhh...
---------------------------------------------
For the valley of storms level, i just dont know. :(

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: April 26, 2009, 08:57:18 PM
I can help with sprites if you want

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #328 on: April 26, 2009, 09:48:06 PM
Is it just me, or is there too many Rock Man 2 hacks? Seems like there isn't enough of the other games hacks.
We need more megaman nes hacks with all new bosses. Not just modified versions.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: April 27, 2009, 01:35:00 PM
Well, kuja. you better try to not use megaman songs too much. you should try anime and next gen VGM. there are OSTs that are way better than X series'.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: April 27, 2009, 06:06:52 PM
Oh yea, im aware of that. 'Course i'd want to have some songs from some other games franchises and stuff that i wouldn't even be familiar with myself that'd sound good.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: April 27, 2009, 06:43:46 PM
I can give you some song links (youtube) but they maybe hard enough to convert into 8-bit.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #332 on: April 27, 2009, 07:35:41 PM
I can almost guarantee he doesn't have the same taste in music as you anyway.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: April 27, 2009, 07:49:35 PM
Youre right but there's a possibility that we may have quite similiar taste.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #334 on: April 27, 2009, 08:45:07 PM
And if not, I have A LOT of songs for you, Kuja-san.
The only ability you need is adding NSF into a ROM. We can talk privately~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: April 27, 2009, 09:44:14 PM
Ah cool, well if it's in NSF format. then that would help greatly cause i have this little program called GNSF ..a player for nsf's, and it has a option to toggle the FPS rate as high or as low as ya want which makes listening to the notes not give ya headaches literally when trying to listen a million times to each note one at a time. :)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: April 27, 2009, 09:56:35 PM
I sent you the message. ^o^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #337 on: April 27, 2009, 11:51:44 PM
With the sprites I'm making, it looks like I'm gonna have an RPG on my hands.. I might need to consult with Zan first, since this is the Classic series, I litterally failed the Zero RPG, because I didn't have the proper resources.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: April 28, 2009, 03:51:16 AM
Is it just me, or is there too many Rock Man 2 hacks? Seems like there isn't enough of the other games hacks.
We need more megaman nes hacks with all new bosses. Not just modified versions.

Yea. Too much. But i think it's because it's everyone's favorite one compared to any of the other NES, and because it's the easiest to hack. At least i would think. Though i've never looked at mm2's inner workings myself before so i wouldn't know.

But there's very extremely well comprehenvsive guides and documents of mm 2 stuff around the internet. But they're all in japanese purely 100%. So that's why there's countless japanese mm2 hacks rather than english/non-japan people's hacks.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: April 28, 2009, 05:15:01 AM
You all know about Misty's "Rockman Mind Roar", right? From the author of Deux Ex Machina~

I ripped the NSF from it, and it has so many lovely tracks from:
Saga Frontier, Dewprism/ToF, Final Fantasy Tactics, F-Zero, Super Mario Kart, so on. ^^

My biggest shock... and I cried with a big smile when I heard it... it was THIS!!! v

RM Mind Roar - Terranigma - Light Side Field (Air Man Stage).mp3

0v0

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: April 29, 2009, 08:42:51 AM

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: April 29, 2009, 05:43:20 PM
I was wondering, should i just not keep it a secret anymore and let everyone try out of my boltman level for anyone who hasn't found out where i uploaded it to ?? I keep getting the feeling that i shouldn't be keeping this a secret anymore.

I just felt that way because the reason it's taking me so many years to ever be able to stand a chance at completing my hack is because i want to surpass the quality, popularity, and so on of the most greatest megaman hacks of all time such as no constancy, exile, and a couple other specific few. I swear i won't give up on my project even if it means i aint done until the year 2015 sadly even. :(

It took me 7 months to complete boltman...my very first level. :\ No joke

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: April 29, 2009, 05:54:31 PM
Well, I say the Bolt Man demo could be released, but for subsequent updates, a tease or 2 is in order, something similar to how JKB is updating his MMX:Corruption.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: April 29, 2009, 06:17:58 PM
Okay i made up my mind then. Your reply tempted me dr wily II. :)

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/index.php?act=viewcat&id=12

At the very top of the list here. Im pretty proud that it's already been downaloded a total of 378 times actually. :) I never thought it would get that high considering i didn't spread it around much at all other than japanese players.

be sure to take note of the *warning* notice in the readme text file concerning the use of emulators other than fceuxd 2.xx as some are potentially the result of the emulators and not my game. I didn't abuse tricks to get what i want so that it only plays on speifici emulators, it's just my hack uses the most powerful NES mapper which not every emulator can handle.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: April 29, 2009, 06:42:30 PM
Nice, now for RPM to invade... [eyebrow]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #345 on: April 29, 2009, 08:32:00 PM
I was wondering, should i just not keep it a secret anymore and let everyone try out of my boltman level for anyone who hasn't found out where i uploaded it to ?? I keep getting the feeling that i shouldn't be keeping this a secret anymore.

I just felt that way because the reason it's taking me so many years to ever be able to stand a chance at completing my hack is because i want to surpass the quality, popularity, and so on of the most greatest megaman hacks of all time such as no constancy, exile, and a couple other specific few. I swear i won't give up on my project even if it means i aint done until the year 2015 sadly even. :(

It took me 7 months to complete boltman...my very first level. :\ No joke

I know this feeling all too well...

why do you think my art thread is so empty? Certainly not because I have not art, Oh no...the things I've made...  0v0

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:21 AM
Okay i made up my mind then. Your reply tempted me dr wily II. :)

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/index.php?act=viewcat&id=12

At the very top of the list here. Im pretty proud that it's already been downaloded a total of 378 times actually. :) I never thought it would get that high considering i didn't spread it around much at all other than japanese players.

be sure to take note of the *warning* notice in the readme text file concerning the use of emulators other than fceuxd 2.xx as some are potentially the result of the emulators and not my game. I didn't abuse tricks to get what i want so that it only plays on speifici emulators, it's just my hack uses the most powerful NES mapper which not every emulator can handle.

I tried playing this hack on the nesDS on my DS flash card. It just leaves a blank screen. All the other megaman hacks I've played so far seem to work. Seems kind of odd that a good megaman hack would work best on one emulator, but not on others? i don't know

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: April 30, 2009, 01:35:46 AM
Gosh. I dont have the slightest clue about any sort of homebrew type of emulators that are specific for real hardware like DS, GBA, PS3 and so on. :\ I dont own any sort of cards or hacking devices that let you play nes, gameboy, snes and so on ...games on the current "next gen" consoles.

So i wouldn't know about that. I wish i owned one of those things but i dont think i will anytime in the near future. I want to play GBA games on my DS so bad cause i refuse to on computer. :(

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: April 30, 2009, 02:45:24 PM
Same here. It seems that rom is heavily modified that even emulators cant handle it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: May 01, 2009, 07:00:41 AM
I wish I could find that X1 Zero hack. it was pretty cool.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.