News Round Up: July 26 - August 1

Protodude · 2706

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: August 01, 2009, 09:10:45 PM

"Mega Man: Complete History" Coming Soon

It appears another new Mega Man book is coming down the pike. Barnes & Noble have begun taking pre-orders for "Mega Man: Complete History", set to ship on October 1st, 2009. The book, announced in the summer of 2007 alongside a Street Fighter counterpart, is said to include in-depth information on the franchise's history:

"From napkin-scrawled idea to production to million-selling success, both series’ histories will be told in extreme detail in original text and interviews with the developers, animators, and other industry folks. We’re going to pack in tons of art, too–early concept stuff as well as memorable character sprites. My favorite part may be the package itself, though–these are going to be paperbacks, but they’ll come in a partial slipcase that looks like an original Nintendo cartridge sleeve. "

f note, this has nothing to do with R20.  R20 is being split into two volumes by Udon Entertainment: Mega Man Official Complete Works on Oct. 14, Mega Man X Official Complete Works on Dec. 14th.

Three To Four New Characters In Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Eagerly awaiting the unveiling of new Tatsunoko vs. Capcom characters? Well here's a little something to wet your appetite. In an interview with Siliconera, Ryota Niitsuma, producer of TVC, discussed his intentions of adding at least three to four (maybe more) new playable characters for the North American version:

S: What can you tell us about these new characters? Are they going to be split evenly between the Tatsunoko and Capcom sides?
    RN: In the end we want to have a good balance between the Tatsunoko side and the Capcom side, a split down the middle with characters on both sides. We’re still working on which characters to add and ones to put in so I can’t give you any specifics on that.

RN: Right now I’m looking at around three to four, maybe more. Nothing has been finalized yet. We will be making an announcement very soon about how many characters and who they are.

Hopefully, we'll get an announcement or two sooner than later.! Check out the full Ryota Niitsuma here for more NA version details!

Auction - 20th Ann. Shirt Signed By Infaune

Get ready to unload your Unity points. Capcom's got a spiffy Mega Man 20th anniversary shirt signed by Keiji Inafune up on the auction block. To bid, you have to be a registered Capcom Unity member and have a sufficient amount of Unity Points (read up on that here.) There's other stuff up for grabs as well, check those out here.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 09:13:37 PM
I have one of those shirts.  Autographed too!!  XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:18:37 PM
"Mega Man: Complete History"?
This might be worthwhile, an in-depth history lesson on our beloved Blue Bomber.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.