Still doesn't look that good.

Maybe its better in person.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1051 on: April 25, 2013, 06:16:42 AM
The face is still off. I just don't understand why they cannot made it actually look like the MegaMan face we know.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1052 on: April 25, 2013, 06:29:26 AM
Maybe it's a molds thing?

I really want it now that the face (to me) is far more satisfactory.

but it does cost 100 bucks.

But it is 10 inches tall, and has lights which are USB powered

I'm torn. Especially since Friday is the last day to preorder before it becomes exclusive to SDCC

I want to buy it, but I don't want to spend 100 bucks. (110 or so with shipping) but it's a 25th anniversary thing, so i want it more

Auugh, I didn't think this could happen, where in such a drought of mega Man material, Im actually torn between Mega Man products.

I'll still have myself enough to get UA X when that comes out in August, so it's not like I have to pick and choose there, Though Sigma might be out of the running for me depending on when he's released...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1053 on: April 25, 2013, 06:31:17 AM
It's definitely better. I'll sleep on it. I do have more Saiyans to buy now that I got SSJ Gohan!  8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1054 on: April 25, 2013, 06:32:41 AM
I think the main issue is that he isn't smiling.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1055 on: April 25, 2013, 06:34:12 AM
There's that too!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1056 on: April 25, 2013, 06:34:45 AM
Though Sigma might be out of the running for me depending on when he's released...

Its a known fact that Figuarts ZERO are pretty poor in terms of statues.

I'd save your money.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1057 on: April 25, 2013, 06:44:42 AM
Would you pay $75 for an action figure with 80's articulation and sculpting? (As in, not very good or accurate.)

Those are Gentle Giant's large scale figures.  I've mentioned them before.  They're meant to be displayed in the package, so they're not something I'm after.

As for Megaman...  Dare I say it, but I personally think the MvsC figure had a better likeness!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1058 on: April 25, 2013, 06:46:22 AM
The D-Arts figure is still the nicest looking one, IMO. It's also poseable and cheaper!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1059 on: April 25, 2013, 06:47:19 AM
I think the main issue is that he isn't smiling.
Well if I were Mega Man, I probably wouldn't be smiling either with how my life is going.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1060 on: April 25, 2013, 06:47:37 AM
Those are Gentle Giant's large scale figures.  I've mentioned them before.

You did? Huh.

I still find it incredibly goofy, wanting to buy large-scale replicas of old toys for inflated prices.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1061 on: April 25, 2013, 06:50:17 AM
The D-Arts figure is still the nicest looking one, IMO. It's also poseable and cheaper!
I knoooow, But i'm getting caught up by the "this is a 25th anniversary product to celebrate 25 years, and it will never really be available outside of this event except for rip off prices on ebay"

I remember always regretting missing out on the 10th anniversary statue because I was just too young to really be able to do much about it. Not like my parents were just going to say "SURE WHY NOT" and buy it. Mega Man 8 itself was my birthday present, and that was that. (also, 8 was my first Mega Man game, and my previous exposure to the series was only through the Ruby Spears show, which had by then been off the air for quite a while. So I wasn't nearly into the franchise enough yet to care that much at the time.

That was the 10th, and the 25th is one of those milestone anniversaries, which I don't want to miss out like last time...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1062 on: April 25, 2013, 06:55:15 AM
I knoooow, But i'm getting caught up by the "this is a 25th anniversary product to celebrate 25 years, and it will never really be available outside of this event except for rip off prices on ebay"

That D-Arts figure is also a product to celebrate 25 years. And it looks better. That's my problem.

You know me. You know I have NO problem shelling out money for figures, model kits, and statues. I would buy this light up MM statue in a [tornado fang]ing heartbeat if it actually looked decent. The fact that I'm even debating buying it shows how much of a problem I have with it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1063 on: April 25, 2013, 06:56:03 AM
You did? Huh.

I still find it incredibly goofy, wanting to buy large-scale replicas of old toys for inflated prices.

Yeah, it is a bit much.  I'm an unboxer, so displaying items in the package doesn't work for me.  I like good articulation in my large size action figures, as I use them for animation, so this Jumbo line also doesn't work for me.  The only reason that I would even consider buying any of them is because for some parts of my collection, I'm a completist.  If they come out with a nice jumbo Zuckuss vintage, I'd be very, very tempted.

But, the price is what deters me.  The last Gentle Giant item I bought was a Zuckuss mini-bust on eBay for super cheap.

By the way, I mentioned the figures here.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1064 on: April 25, 2013, 07:01:40 AM
That D-Arts figure is also a product to celebrate 25 years. And it looks better. That's my problem.

You know me. You know I have NO problem shelling out money for figures, model kits, and statues. I would buy this light up MM statue in a [tornado fang]ing heartbeat if it actually looked decent. The fact that I'm even debating buying it shows how much of a problem I have with it.
I know that feel. Im debating whether it's worth it to support the franchise's 25 years for a statue that I think looks good, (though I will notice I can't call it "great") or miss out and hope some other anniversary down the road has a much better kind of exclusive statue, and get D-Arts Rock. I mean, yeah, it's also a 25th anniversary product, but it's more along the lines of the tons of products that get released around an anniversary, while the statue is THE anniversary item.

y'know?

I guess I'll have to sleep on it myself...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1065 on: April 25, 2013, 07:04:56 AM
Bottom line: it's $100 for a sub-par product. If they want your support, my support, and the fans support, then they should make the damn thing look good. How hard was it to actually mold a decent looking face?

D-Arts MegaMan is cheaper, looks better AND comes with Rush. It's vastly superior in EVERY way.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1066 on: April 25, 2013, 07:12:02 AM
I should dig out my sculpting tools and see if I can sculpt a better face.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1067 on: April 25, 2013, 08:46:46 AM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Wow.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1068 on: April 25, 2013, 08:50:32 AM
Face is a little odd IMO, but overall, [tornado fang]ing SOLD.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1069 on: April 25, 2013, 08:59:02 AM
I can't see the last two pics.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1070 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:51 AM
I hotlinked them (I know, I know) from MMN

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/04/25/figurarts-zero-sigma-is-here-to-intimidate-you/comment-page-1

Face is a little odd IMO, but overall, [tornado fang]ing SOLD.

I think it's the nose. It's not as big and prominent as Sigma's nose usually is. it's not quite that noticeable though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1071 on: April 25, 2013, 09:07:24 AM
Very nice!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1072 on: April 25, 2013, 09:09:25 AM
I... I think I might forgo the 25th statue and go for Sigma instead...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1073 on: April 25, 2013, 09:11:07 AM
$58? Okay, intrest slightly rekindled.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1074 on: April 25, 2013, 09:12:39 AM
I... I think i might forgo the 25th statue and go for Sigma instead...

Yep, that would certainly be the better choice.