kuja killer · 77248

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: September 01, 2009, 01:01:59 AM
March 2010 Demo
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=2945

Introduction:
This is for my Odyssey megaman 3 project that I started on officially in 2006. My goal is to try making the best known rom hack of all time in terms of Megaman/Rockman to surpass the best known such as Exile, Exhaust, No constancy, and a few others. One of my main problems is, I'm horribly slow at "getting stuff done".

I can code just about almost anything I want in the NES's 6502 assembley language if i choose to want to. I do not have any knowledge with music, I lack any skills to draw my own sprites or graphics, besides carefully copying from other games in some cases. :(

I hope making my own project thread like this might help me to get things done a bit faster, since I only have 1 single level completed in 3 years. I have not even bothered touching anything for my game whatsoever in the last 20+ days.

Only 1 single person has sticked around with me since 2006, megaman-omega. He helps with ideas, sprites, and graphic design, tilesets.

if anyone has never tried my game before, this is the very first demo from Feb. 2009
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=1020

Stage Progress:
Boltman: August 2008 - Feburary 2009: Complete
Playthrough by http://www.youtube.com/user/Bluestar899
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHL_2Qp7vjE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1sqzsak9IM

Duplexman: Febuary 2009 - Present: Unfinished, Early Januarary 2010
The first area is done, but the 2nd is currently in progress by my partner, Megaman-Omega who helps with graphic and sprite design, while i'll code the enemies, he makes and construct the level design.

The event that i came up with for duplexman for the first level, i've coded and finished myself, but there's no graphics at all yet. Just plain black screen of nothing-ness with megaman, dr light, and rush.
I dont think i should show screenshots of this level cause i do not want to spoil anyone as it's not even all done yet.

Necroman: Late 2009 - ???
This will be the 3rd official level i'd like to do next.
Idea plans:
** Forced or optional storyline event to the game.
** First apperance of having eddie (Flip Top) come and give megaman a random item 1 time. (already coded and fully functional)
** First main upgrade for megaman, hidden somewhere. Note: Undecided yet if i'll have capsule upgrades or armor upgrades, or something like that. But maybe so, and if so, this will be the first level to do it. Suggested by Thantas-Zero

No other levels are made or started on yet.

Non-Gameplay/Misc:
Title screen: Finished except the fact that I do not have a title for this game yet after all these years still, but if i ever do get one thought-of, I'd want the "mega man" logo to be changed.
http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/MMC5ExAttMegaMan3-143.png - currently as is

Boss Selected: When you select a boss/level to pick. Nothing for that yet. I seriously don't know what I want to have it look like, but I wanted something new and fresh. :( NOT like most megaman games do where there's just some plain generic scrolling star-field with the horizontal strip in the middle of the screen with the boss, and name. Megaman 6 NES did some cool effect there with it's screen, and it looks graphically detailed. I would want to do something cool like that, but I just dont know what.

Get Weapon: When beaitng a boss and you get your weapon. - Currently nothing. I just dont know either. But i wanted to do something cool, maybe have dr light and megaman talk similiar to the playstation X5 and X6 where alia explained some facts about the level you played, and or/boss. No idea how i'd want the screen setup to look like and such graphically-wise and whatever.

Too many things to count. I'd be going on forever talking sorry. :(

Stuff i've coded all myself over these years:
heart tanks, sub tanks, W-tank (weapon), exit device, mega buster, level map display for the pause menu, (the pause menu is entirly full-screen and new), saving your progress (no more password system), Time Attack game mode like megaman 9, talking scripts (so i can have talking anywhere i want, anytime i want), left-scrolling (no nes mm game ever did that except for mm5 and 6 in few places, and mm9's wily2)
Too much stuff to name.

Storyline
This game WILL have a storyline. But that's currently not though-of yet. I got nothing for now except just an idea of my own for an Intro level later in the future.

Im sorry this is such a horribly long post, i hope i wouldn't turn anyone away reading some of this, being too long then just go away. I'm afraid i may serioulsy never finish my game, so it is my life long goal until i die. And i really dont think i'll ever succeed alone with just my partner, Megaman-Omega. So i hope this might help me into making some bit of progress faster, but i dont know how well this will work out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kujakiller
my youtube. I only got 3 videos. Just for showing off some of the major things i've coded. That 8-way scrolling video was a failure in the end, i was not able to do it for my game, but the Warning logo, and the time attack are 100% real.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:36:33 AM by kuja killer »

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:06:03 AM
I must say I am deeply impressed. And I hope you finish this, it looks very promising. The tilesets in the gameplay vids were pretty damn cool, id you make them yourself?

MM3 is also my favorite classic title.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:16:54 AM
I Got an Idea, do you already created all the robot masters???

since we can donate some charachters or better yet, put some special guest robot masters for the game, i can donate a charachter that may i will design exclusively for this game.........

if you want of course, i can donate a female robot master

as For the Name, How About

Megaman EXTRAvaganza
Mega Odyssey
Mega ON

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:22:09 AM
Well, all 8 robot masters are all designed by megaman-omega.

I have only coded like 3 of these guys so far unfortantely.
Bolt, duplex, necro, and "somewhat" spin.

Well, i may want to have bass in the game for storyline, but im not sure just yet.
If so, it's going to be reserved for the 3rd official level, necro man, AFTER duplex is finished. I was disucssing this matter with my partner before

About the title name, there's a bit of a catch. one of the reasons why I have not ever come up with one all this time is because, I want to have some special sub-title like the japanese rockman games do.
Like rockman 3: death of wily? rockman 5: blues trap, rockman 9: ambitious revival, or Infidelity's Megaman Ultra 2: Rise of X
etc etc.
I'd want the sub name to repersent the storyline of the game.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:52:47 AM by kuja killer »

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:38:04 AM
This one does look pretty promising, I hope you can finish it soon enough. I know how it is to have several projects on the backburner.

Though on the title front if you do want the game to have that sort of subtitle but still haven't thought of a storyline, worry about that for later. If anything pick a working title so people can refer to it as something else besides "Kujakiller's mm3 hack" and that'll do. When the story's fully fleshed, then the title should come naturally.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:09:19 AM
Hmm yea I understand.
I must say that ever since baragon-kun posted, that word "Odyssey" has just seriously been bugging me all night long. Just running through my mind thinking of that.
It seems to sound like a pretty cool word & defintion (An extended adventurous voyage or trip)
Does not sound generic and plain like "extra, remix, mega, the hack, the game" etc.

So im seriously thinking to consider having that word.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 11:35:22 AM
I think you might have a little conflict with the doujin game Rockmen R's Rapid Man, who's a gunslinger from the ol' west. I was thinking about Accel Man or Boost Man. Jet Man might have been good, but a couple of 2a03 (nsf) music composers are already using it for their own MM projects. ^^; </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 04:55:49 PM
I think you might have a little conflict with the doujin game Rockmen R's Rapid Man, who's a gunslinger from the ol' west.

>:C

Thinking about it. God that looks awful.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 05:04:22 PM
I dunno, I think the overall design is pretty neat. The only thing that looks awful are the stars on the boots. You should have just given him spurs instead.

Well, all I have to say about this project is that it looks really impressive. I hope this gets finished some day.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 05:28:26 PM
That looks familiar somehow...

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 05:51:57 PM
Huh, never knew there was such a game by that name vixy. This is the first i've heard of it, gosh.
This is our rapid man.
http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/RapidMan.png

He made like a ninja kind of guy or something. "kunai" I think it looks really good. (again this is from late 2006/early 2007) and i have not even got the graphics inserted in my rom yet, or even wanna think about coding it yet until much much later on. :|

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:37 PM
You opened the thread finally huh ? Well, I hope that you atleast finish that stage. You know which.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 11:25:06 PM
Hey, you know we are all on your side Kujakiller. If you need sprites, just ask us and the elites of Sprite.INC.^^

And if you are down we will cheer you up. That is a friends promise to a friend.
Oh yes, if you need a superlogical plot ask our sagetrinity Hypershell, Zan or Marshmallow.  8)

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 05:43:54 AM
BTW Kuja, i know that you can a few more sprites to the sprites of a character and even more patterns, in order to not look like a copy-cat of an original robot master, or i guess since i can see for the sprites i be seen on Megaman Forever Hack i seen, and what i see in the Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, tough i guess it had to do to increasing the memory of the game, and using either the mappers MMC3 or MMC5.

Well, im not familiar With Hacking, but im impressed or what it could be done in hacks this days rather than just changing spriotes and editing levels, but now adding new elements, such as, events, AI, music, gameplay mechanics......

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 09:22:59 AM
Hey, you know we are all on your side Kujakiller. If you need sprites, just ask us and the elites of Sprite.INC.^^

And if you are down we will cheer you up. That is a friends promise to a friend.
Oh yes, if you need a superlogical plot ask our sagetrinity Hypershell, Zan or Marshmallow.  8)

I appreciate it very much.
I defintely need to finish the scripts for the duplexman levels sometime. I came up with all the paragraphs myself. But they're not 100% official yet, especially for the first area which dr light and mm are talking in light's lab. Since plus i dont got any graphics for the 2 screens yet.

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/MMC5ExAttMegaMan3-145.png
this is meant to be "outside" of light's lab.
Walking to the left... *next scren inside lab, talking about the area you'll go to."

Baragon - Yea this game will have it all. And this rom does use the MMC5 mapper, which means 4x as much graphic space than normal, 2x as much coding space, EX attributes (more graphical detail in most areas of the entire game), etc. :)

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 08:15:23 PM
Wait, youre gonna have jap ver. too  :O

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:46:41 PM
Yes, it will be. I wanted a version for japanese players too. :)
All the non-gameplay screens and messages are done in terms of japanese text.
I can not have kanji. There's just thousands of them, and i do not have to space to have any, so ONLY hiragana and katakana will be used.

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/MMC5ExAttMegaMan3-132.png - Save/Load Screen
http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/MMC5ExAttMegaMan3-131.png - Stage Select - Duplex - 1st area
http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/MMC5ExAttMegaMan3-146.png - Time Attack select

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 09:56:30 PM
Heart Tank is the fanon name for the Life Ups. You can still use it if you want. ^^
But if you prefer to stick as close to the original source as possible, write Life Up instead.

If you can add some extra kana above the Sub Tank, write Life Up on the left instead.

8x8 size tiles for each symbol.
ライフアップ = Life Up = 6 symbols = 48 pixels total in width.
サブタンク = Sub Tank = 5 symbols = 40 pixels total in width.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 12:19:29 AM
Wait, you know japanese ? I'm learning it. I'm already done with hiragana but katakana is a lil confusing to remember. It has too many similiar characters.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 10:56:12 PM
Nope vixy, i can not fit in some more.

And well, no i dont really speed. I can only recognize a hand-full of words from seeing them without relying on the translator websites and dictonaries ....otherwise i just rely on the translator and dictonaries.

** i have not done anything on the game in over a month in terms of any REAL progress, i just got like next-to-zero motivation ** :(

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 11:08:16 PM
If you have problem with japanese, why don´t you ask Marshmallow-san? We know that he is capable of japanese.^^

Also there are a plenty japanese guys capable of the english language.

Here one of them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/orphan88

He is still learning english though.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 09:18:21 PM
baragon-kun - thank you for that suggestion awhile ago. I really did like that name, so now i've taken it.

I made up my mind after 4 years finally, this game will now be called Megaman/Rockman Odyssey. :) I do want a sub-title but I won't know what it'll be yet since I dont know what the storyline is going to be still, but it will have a storyline since I have text scripts that I can use anywhere, anytime, anyplace in the game.

I also want a new logo for the title screen, i dont want that classic style anymore about "megaman III"  how it looks all inward<--> outward looking or whatever. I want both a rockman odyssey and a megaman odyssey logo since this hack can be played in japanese or english.

I do not have the drawing/artistic skills though. :( Would anyone be willing to try that for me ? I mean like a new original look. The Rockman EXILE hack (mm 2 hack) for example was all new and original looking.

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/MMC5ExAttMegaMan3-143.png
This is the current title, rush is the main focus here because he will be very important for the start of the game when i have an Intro stage someday. I know exactly what i want to do with rush reguarding it.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 09:23:59 PM
Odyssey is a nice name. I like that.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 10:03:40 PM
Good going buddy, I may make a logo if you want but I dont have much time these days.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 10:07:28 PM
That would be pretty cool if you could speed. :) I know you're busy yourself though with your mm project though as well.