Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3) - Coming 2014?

Mirby · 1756

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Recently in Japan, Namco held it's usual Tales of Festival. And, much like last year's event, there was a rather surprising announcement. Last year revealed Tales of Xillia 2.

This year? Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack, an HD collection of the original Tales of Symphonia along with the Wii sequel, Dawn of the New World (or Knight of Ratatosk, if you prefer that subtitle).

But Mirby, you say. The thread name said "Tales of Symphonia Chronicles" not "Unisonant Pack" or whatever that is, you point out.

Simple explanation there. They're already planning on localizing it, with a working title of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. Shortly after the announcement at the festival, Namco Bandai's European YT channel posted a video which shows series producer Hideo Baba saying how much he wants this to be localized, and says to expect it early next year if it is to be released outside of Japan. The game will release in Japan on October 10 for 6,980 yen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgMBLBLzJXo[/youtube]

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 02:15:48 PM
If this really is coming out then I can succeed in never touching my Wii copy of ToS2.

I'm sort of excited, sort of not. Mainly because Symphonia's battle system just isn't as fun as the battle system in later games, though perhaps they'll unbind the costumes from the titles so you don't have to use a title that gimps you just to wear a fun costume.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:08 PM
Ehh... not that excited to be honest. The battle system kind of annoys me now, especially when it comes to playing the game in multiplayer. I know plenty of people that will be happy about this, but sadly I'm not one of them.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:27:57 PM
Minor update, but Namco Bandai has confirmed ToS Chronicles as being Dual-Audio.
Source
Guess this'll appease the "No Dual-Audio No Buy hurr no emotion in the dub" jackasses.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:29:25 PM
reading the comments proves it already has appeased them

even if one said "baba-san"

i understand it's an honorific but still...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything