Various odd things about the Mega Man games

Pringer X · 4182

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: December 02, 2008, 08:11:24 AM
I don't feel like going into detail, so short story of this thread is just things you find odd, weird, or stupid in certain Mega Man games.

Ok, so RnR3 has just about every important thing about cards...
Except Heart <.<

Is it just me, or does that just seem idiotic? They have Spade Magnet (elec), Club Strong (wood), Diamond Iceburn (aqua), and Virgo Queen, Jack Corvus, and Mr. King.

Count just the suits, and they're missing 1. Heart. Seriously, I can come up with something. Heart Burn (yes, stupid, but Iceburn is just short of freezer burn), Heart Flame, Heart Lancer (Club Strong got away with an unrelated name), Heart Fire, Volcanic Heart, and the list goes on. They have ultimate forms based off of Ace and Joker, and even other characters that have those names. Except the numbers (which don't matter), they have everything EXCEPT Heart as some kind of boss or overall important character (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong about it, but I have come to the conclusion that no boss called Heart *insert something somewhat related to fire* does not exist).

Another thing is that one of the 3 hidden forms is called Acid while another is called Joker. Shouldn't they call the Acid form just Ace, or at least call the Joker one Grave? That's all I can think of at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:22:19 PM by Ballade »

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:29:22 PM
Why do Servbots/Kobuns look like legomen? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love them, but one glance at them and you'd think Capcom would be asking for a lawsuit.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:17:12 AM by Keiji Dragon »

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:29:43 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:04:28 PM
Harp Note.

Pretty much.

Why do Servbots/Kobuns look like legomen? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love them, but one glance at them and you'd think Capcom would be asking for a lawsuit.

Nah, it's just a cute reference, that's all. but the odd thing of the Mega Man games is that they have some form of "Manhandling".

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 10:19:13 PM
here's something to ponder, why is the megabuster sometimes called "P" or "P buster"?

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 10:30:17 PM
here's something to ponder, why is the megabuster sometimes called "P" or "P buster"?

Must be some spelling mistake. it once in awhile happens in the series.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 10:39:34 PM
Someone once told me it officially stands for "Player".  I guess that makes sense, if you consider that the early games' weapons had the initials of the characters who "owned" them, but it still sounds a little silly to me.  Why not R or M?  True, M would conflict with Magnet Beam and Metal Blade, but not until they came up with the Western releases!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 03:26:31 AM
Because from 1 - Im not sure what game, it was referred to as the Plasma buster.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 07:36:00 AM
Ok, so RnR3 has just about every important thing about cards...
Except Heart <.<

Is it just me, or does that just seem idiotic? They have Spade Magnet (elec), Club Strong (wood), Diamond Iceburn (aqua), and Virgo Queen, Jack Corvus, and Mr. King.

Count just the suits, and they're missing 1. Heart. Seriously, I can come up with something. Heart Burn (yes, stupid, but Iceburn is just short of freezer burn), Heart Flame, Heart Lancer (Club Strong got away with an unrelated name), Heart Fire, Volcanic Heart, and the list goes on. They have ultimate forms based off of Ace and Joker, and even other characters that have those names. Except the numbers (which don't matter), they have everything EXCEPT Heart as some kind of boss or overall important character (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong about it, but I have come to the conclusion that no boss called Heart *insert something somewhat related to fire* does not exist).
I haven't played the game myself yet, but when I asked about it when the game came out, Drk-X of TUS told me that Mr. King's right-hand eye-candy, the hot woman in his life if you will, is named Heartless (insert KH joke here). I only saw her in one gamecap before the game released; she sorta looked like Diamond Rio from Super Black Jack. While yes, she doesn't have an FM/Wizard connection like the rest, at least Capcom didn't purposefully leave out Heart all together. And in a way made reference to the fact that people might wonder why there wasn't a heart-based boss. But she's your heart connection to Dealer, not Harp Note.

Because from 1 - Im not sure what game, it was referred to as the Plasma buster.
That, and it's also known as the "pew pew pew" buster.  XD

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 07:42:20 AM
...Why doesn't Protoman have his own game.?*shot* 

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 07:48:58 AM

That's my girl!   8)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 07:54:31 AM
Seriously I'm supirsed they didn't give him his own game, heck what about the other sidekicks/other main characters like Axl, the big 4 from the Zero series, and Giro?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 08:26:38 AM
Seriously I'm supirsed they didn't give him his own game, heck what about the other sidekicks/other main characters like Axl, the big 4 from the Zero series, and Giro?

Yeah, why can't we have more side-character games like Tron Bonne?  It'd be great to find out what grand adventures ProtoMan has when he's not helping MegaMan out of boredom.  It's a better way to start a spin-off series than jumping another century into the future, I say.