Girla PurpleHeart · 2311

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Including Kirby's Rainbow Resort! D=

IGN/Gamespy is shutting down its public hosting services as of August 31st, 2009, doing away with its Classicgaming.com sites and possibly others (e.g. Strategyplanet, RPGPlanet), according to a forum post by Kurt "discoalucard" Kalata.

He notes that several Classicgaming sites have changed or are changing hosts in order to keep operating, but he laments, "How many of us will make the jump? How many will simply vanish, saved only by the rather arbitrary algorithms of Archive.org and the few people who actually save web sites to their hard drives, perhaps to charitably archive them later ala The GIA?"

As I gonna say, I really do feel sorry for the owners of those fansites, including Kindarspirit (the owner of KRR). I didn't even know about this until now, when she updated her site about this that she is planning on creating a domain of her site. I'm also posting this on forum communities, my dA, and of course, my LiveJournal (when I get a chance) to let anyone know that we need her help.

So everyone, we need KRR help to keep the site live. We don't want the site to die NOR to completely shut down. We must create the domain for KRR!!

Source:
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/06/igngamespy_shutting_down_class.php
http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/index2.html?subaction=showfull&id=1245672037&archive=&start_from=&ucat=13&

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
That kinda sucks. There's a few good sites I like to go to that's hosted by them, such as The Metroid Database, among others. It's a shame.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
www.byethost.com
www.co.cc

Tell her to open an account at Byethost and Co.cc, and follow the instructions here to have her own co.cc domain for the site. Byet's hosting services are pretty good, so she should be fine using those for the site.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
If only we could setup some accounts for them.
I'd gladly let them share our hosting space for free. >U<

Wait a minute, this means Hardcore Gaming 101 will go down too! D:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
www.byethost.com
www.co.cc

Tell her to open an account at Byethost and Co.cc, and follow the instructions here to have her own co.cc domain for the site. Byet's hosting services are pretty good, so she should be fine using those for the site.

You should try and contact about her this. I think that's a really good idea to move hosts to another. But thank you so much for posting this. =)

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
You should try and contact about her this. I think that's a really good idea to move hosts to another. But thank you so much for posting this. =)
Hey, you're the Kirby lover, not me. :P I'm just pointing you in the right direction.

Helada Quemadura

Q: OMG! I didn't know Kirby Rainbow Resort was even still around. We used to be regulars on the message board when it was hosted by the forumplanet version of Gamespy. It was at the time us and a bunch of guys used it as a spamming forum since it was abandoned for a while.

The one site we'll miss the most is the Nintendo Database. We helped put that together.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Then how about you get in touch with the Nintendo DB admin and suggest him the idea of moving to Byethost/Co.cc?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Wait a minute, this means Hardcore Gaming 101 will go down too! D:

[tornado fang] NO!

HELL [tornado fang] NO!

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Q: OMG! I didn't know Kirby Rainbow Resort was even still around. We used to be regulars on the message board when it was hosted by the forumplanet version of Gamespy. It was at the time us and a bunch of guys used it as a spamming forum since it was abandoned for a while.

The one site we'll miss the most is the Nintendo Database. We helped put that together.

Yeah, but it was moved to the PHP boards because it would be easier to host it on the site. The forums got hacked when I joined the forums, but I had to re-register there because we lost a lot of new members. This was 2 years before I was banned on KRR in 2005...Because RMD hacked into my deviantART, Live Journal and my forums accounts and lied to the staff that I was sexual harrasing him...and he was being a [Bumpity-Boom!] for doing it.