Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 662582

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5575 on: February 18, 2015, 11:53:23 AM
Yeah, they sold out of that run literally a few hours after it was put up.

Unless you mean going instore and asking because I haven't actually tried that.

Closest Gamestop with a Shulk is 63 miles away. That's too far away.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5576 on: February 20, 2015, 06:12:02 PM
So apparently there's been some sort of Dock Strike down in California for some time?

Its holding up amiibos apparently. Doesn't excuse the fact that [parasitic bomb]'s getting shortpacked but it sort of explains the [tornado fang]'d distribution.

I get why they're doing [parasitic bomb] by boat (Obviously you can hold more on a boat than you can a plane) but if they're aware there's a strike going on ship more of that [parasitic bomb] through by air. They're obviously getting SOME through.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5577 on: February 20, 2015, 09:50:53 PM
Yeah that strike has been going on for a few months. It was definitely responsible for the Guilty Gear Xrd special edition getting delayed. Wouldn't surprise me if all this amiibo trouble was related to it as well. I think someone posited the New 3DS launch suffered from it too, i.e. why getting a Majora's Mask one was next to impossible.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5578 on: February 20, 2015, 09:59:00 PM
Great. I hope they get that resolved soon, mainly so the flow of goods in general goes once again unimpeded.

Hopefully it also results in a bunch of so-called "rares" flooding the market so we no longer are just swarmed in Mario, DK and Peach and so scalpers can get their comeuppance.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5579 on: February 21, 2015, 02:53:49 AM
Yeah, been around 3 WalMarts, a ToysRUs, and a Best Buy looking for Mega Man and Ike.  Not a damn thing.

What frustrates me is that it's actually cheaper to import from Europe than it is to go to any domestic online seller.  I have the above two on the way from the UK, and Pit from Germany.  Afterwards I've vowed to not look at anything in waves 1-3 ever again.  Mario Party Luigi is on pre-order and I'm stalking Target's website in the hopes of catching Lucina.  Then I'm calling it quits. ...unless they add Daisy to the Mario Party line.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5580 on: February 21, 2015, 02:56:56 AM
You can find Mega Man on eBay.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5581 on: February 21, 2015, 03:00:16 AM
Like I said, it's cheaper to import from Europe.

The lowest I saw Mega Man on eBay was $25, and even that was from a Japanese seller.  US sellers are more in the $30-ish area. 

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5582 on: February 21, 2015, 06:03:34 AM
Yeah I paid $30 for mine.

I finally got around to doing the challenge in Smash Tour to get back your stuff from a Metroid. Took at least 12 games for me to get it, and only 3 of those did a Metroid actually show up. The first time I botched it, second I got screwed over by die roll RNG. On the plus side, Smash Tour is a really good way to get stuff. I got 5 hats and 15 moves from all that, and each game gave between 500 and 1500 gold.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5583 on: February 21, 2015, 07:25:32 AM
Port Strike apparently ended.

THE AMIIBOS SHALL SOON BE FREE!

Anyway, i've thought about importing but the idea of paying $30 for one of these things when I pay that much for actual figures or even games is a major turn-off to that idea.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5584 on: February 21, 2015, 01:54:36 PM
Yeah, it wasn't my favorite idea, either, but I figure Pit's been out long enough that I probably won't see him any other way for a long time ($32 from Germany beats the hell out of anyone offering in the US; I saw two different figures that fell apart in the box and still went for more than that).  Mega Man and Ike stung slightly less since I found them from the same seller ($42 altogether, granted that's without tracking, so here's hoping for the best).

The main influence to me was that I have no shortage of "actual games" that are fighting for my time without buying new ones right now.  Both versions of Smash included; there are still plenty of characters who need to clear All-Star, Smash Run, and 100-man before my 3DS is freed up for much else.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5585 on: February 21, 2015, 07:47:47 PM
No more May Shulks up for Preorder at my Gamestop. D:

Guess I'm not getting him anytime soon.

Bought Kirby though, he's kind of nice.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5586 on: February 21, 2015, 09:39:52 PM
I really hope my Megaman and Sonic preorder at Newegg was getting held up by that trade disagreement. If it's not I'm going to be PISSED.

I don't care about the amiibo [parasitic bomb] in game but I want that Megaman figure.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5587 on: February 22, 2015, 12:44:53 AM
Got the Mega Man amiibo today. It looks really nice.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5588 on: February 26, 2015, 04:27:54 PM

Ugh, so in addition to limiting the store it comes out in (And it being the worst amiibo store) they're limiting the LOCATIONS that its even coming out in.

I know this is for the SMB series amiibos and not the Smash line but figured it needed to be posted somewhere.

EDIT: They put preorders up for these, naturally they came up and were sold out almost immediately. Can't wait to see people trying to flip Gold recolor Mario online for $100 because "SUPER RARE DISCONTINUED" or whatever nonsense.
Double EDIT: holy [parasitic bomb] i was [tornado fang]ing joking

I really hope my Megaman and Sonic preorder at Newegg was getting held up by that trade disagreement. If it's not I'm going to be PISSED.

Haha, they actually just sent emails out that said "We didn't get enough stock to fulfill all of our preorders, so you can sit tight or cancel".

That makes me [tornado fang]ing mad.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5589 on: February 28, 2015, 04:54:22 AM
Well...I'm glad I don't give a rat's ass about golden Mario, is all I can say.

And I agree, WalMart blows.  I was calling three of them just before the 20th looking for Ike/Mega Man and got absolutely nowhere.  One gave me a string of "I don't know"s so I decided to check them out anyway in the early morning, lo and behold, empty Mega Man shelf.

Haha, they actually just sent emails out that said "We didn't get enough stock to fulfill all of our preorders, so you can sit tight or cancel".

That makes me [tornado fang]ing mad.
I really don't understand what the point is of offering pre-orders if you don't have a freaking clue what your actual stock is going to be.  Best Buy and GameStop both got burned that way as well.

I'm dreading the day I go looking for Lucina.  I'm SURE she will be the rarest of her wave.  Because, you know, Fire Emblem.  O:<

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5590 on: February 28, 2015, 01:50:51 PM
The rarest of Wave 4 is definitely going to be Ness, though Robin/Lucina are easy contenders for next rarest.

I'm really scared about Wave 4 preorders, after Toad and Gold Mario. Wave 3 preorder aside from Rosalina lasted weeks, but Toad and Gold Mario were gone day 1.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5591 on: February 28, 2015, 02:05:24 PM
Well...I'm glad I don't give a rat's ass about golden Mario, is all I can say.

And I agree, WalMart blows.  I was calling three of them just before the 20th looking for Ike/Mega Man and got absolutely nowhere.  One gave me a string of "I don't know"s so I decided to check them out anyway in the early morning, lo and behold, empty Mega Man shelf.

You think that's bad? The one in my area either never got half of them (Pit, Capt. Falcon, Little Mac, Sheik, Toon Link, Sonic, Megaman, Ike, Dedede) or they stopped getting new stuff after Wave 2 commons (Minus Diddy) and Bowser.

So its basically just languished in Marios, Pikachus, Peaches, DKs and Kirbys. Like EVERY OTHER [tornado fang]ing STORE. I've only gotten Wave 3s by getting stuff from people online (for MSRP + Shipping, btw, no scalper bullshit here) or by having a dude check in the back (For the Sonic and Megaman). For whatever reason they're not putting this stuff out and its frustrating.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5592 on: March 01, 2015, 02:48:55 AM
Considering the average person doesn't care about plastic Nintendo figures, it's not hard to see why retailers also don't care. At the end of the day, even if said non-toy-specialty (i.e. non-TRU) retailers had an appropriate stock, they'd still probably sell out within a few days just because of how limited shelf space they have, and for retailers, the profit is negligible in the grand scheme (especially factoring in how much customer support they have to deal with for these things, which are only $13 MSRP). If anyone is to blame, it's NoA for not having enough confidence in their sales projection.

And then there's the whole scarcity argument. A lot of people won't admit it, but a huge factor in the amiibo craze is the shortage and the possibility of discontinuation. If stock was plentiful, scalpers aren't going to hoard them, and people would feel less inclined to buy them (due to a perceived drop in rarity) which means stores could possibly be overstocked for an indefinite amount of time (just look at all the Diddy Kongs), which is very bad for the store.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5593 on: March 01, 2015, 04:28:03 PM
It's damn near all a by-product of the scarcity argument, even the "customer service" thing:  If the supply was decent (even if only to TrU, and NOBODY can tell me they're not willing to sell niche toys targeting an older collector), people would be able to window shop like normal human beings.

Also, I'm sure the "shelfspace/overstock" issue works both ways; what store wants to reserve shelf space for an item if the store themselves aren't sure if they can keep a ready supply?  I'm not surprised that I've never even seen a shelf labeled for Ike after reading about the fiascoes with his pre-orders.

BTW, it's alleged that Mega Man and Sonic (...Sonic was rare?) got another shipment recently to Best Buy and Gamestop.  I didn't find a damn thing on the former, the latter alleged to have low stock here and there, but my Mega Man's already in the mail and I don't care much for Gamestop anyway.

The rarest of Wave 4 is definitely going to be Ness, though Robin/Lucina are easy contenders for next rarest.
I dunno, my money's still on Lucina.  Ness doesn't have boobs.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5594 on: March 01, 2015, 09:17:12 PM
I dunno, my money's still on Lucina.  Ness doesn't have boobs.

Oh, Ness can have anything you want with a little imagination ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5595 on: March 01, 2015, 09:22:38 PM
Please no, he's already been through way too much.  Not as much as Lucas mind you but it's still up there.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5596 on: March 03, 2015, 12:17:14 AM
Marth's reissue is coming in April.

No word on anything else getting reissued at this time or when Wave 4 preorders are going up but keep a look out next month.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5597 on: March 03, 2015, 03:16:00 AM
Still holding out for Villager. Have a EU one, but an NA would complete my boxed collection. D:

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5598 on: March 03, 2015, 04:47:44 AM
I got a question about using amiibos. When you receive gifts from them, can they only be received on the creator's system, or only on the system they were last used on, or wherever? Cause I am missing 6 hats on my 3DS, most of which I've gotten on WiiU already. Say one of my amiibos gets one of the hats I don't have on 3DS, but I only used the amiibo on WiiU. If I select the later option when checking it on WiiU, can I then receive that stuff on 3DS?

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5599 on: March 03, 2015, 12:13:10 PM
Japan is getting a reprint of Villager, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2015/0303.html

About the amiibo gifts, I can check for you (have a Wii U and n3DS with separate owners/NNID). I'll update this post and see if the gifts can be given to others.

EDIT: Yea, you are free to give the gifts to anyone, regardless of creator/ownership (though I think you can only change ownership on the Wii U ver, couldn't find it in n3DS). The gifts are the same, although you can't duplicate it across different consoles (the 2nd time you try to save an amiibo, it will actually tell you the data was already overwritten and therefore cannot be saved). Well, at least, not without a powersave.