COFFEEEEEEEE
That's what I thought he said as a kid. XD

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3778 on: June 14, 2013, 11:17:51 PM
Smash U and 3DSmash work well enough for me.

Oh man, I still have all of my Brawl replays on hand. One day, I'm going to make a montage of all the funny stuff that went down in our matches and put it up on Youtube. My personal favorite (even after the Kirby/Falcon Double Panch) was the Falcon/Ganondorf punch on poor Lou's Ike that one time. XD

Just imagine all the new great moments we'll have 8D

...Hopefully without the horrible horrible lag.

Also, Smash U is perfect name.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3779 on: June 14, 2013, 11:59:51 PM
Just imagine all the new great moments we'll have 8D

...Hopefully without the horrible horrible lag.

Also, Smash U is perfect name.
doom doom clap...doom doom clap...
WII WILL
WII WILL
[spoiler]
SMASH U[/spoiler]

what

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #3780 on: June 15, 2013, 03:45:04 AM
Clearly there is not enough controversy in this thread! Considering Sakurai and his crew may limit the cast due to want to maintain an equal amount of characters in both versions of SSB (http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-a-lot-of-third-party-characters-in-the-nex-513203533), it's time to determine who will be most likely CUT from the current (Brawl) roster!

Falco - Can you say "I DUN GOOF'D"?! I wish to retroactively state that Falco may actually be removed when you factor in Wolf. Wolf is by far the more unique when comparing him and Falco to Fox. Plus, it would make more sense to keep in the villain/rival to Fox rather than his belligerent partner.
Toon Link - [tornado fang]ing Link clones can honestly die in a fire. I much prefer to see TL's speed and agility infused into the original Link rather than have him return to hog a spot some more deserving sap should have. And wouldn't it be nice to see Link in a tier that isn't degrading to his pedigree?
ROB - He's out due to Wii Fit Trainer taking his role as 'quirky Nintendo property no one saw coming'.
Marth - Technically, he is out because he will probably be replaced by Female Sexy Marth, or Lucina. AND I AM PERFECTLY OKAY WITH THAT. owo
Jigglypuff - I already mentioned before that she has the best chance of being replaced of the Original 12; but once again, this can go either way.
Lucario - As cool as he is, Lucario was in Brawl for only one reason, cross promotion for Generation 4 (which was the Gen with the most precedence at the time). He will be replaced by a new humanoid promotional Pokemon from the current Gen, which is 6; so, in conclusion, Mewthree in, Lucario out.
Pokemon Trainer - I seriously cannot find a reason why this screechy twat was in Brawl in the first place. I mean, yeah the Kanto starters are cool and iconic but surely there is enough Pokemon in the roster right? Either way, this guy is most certainly out for the next game.
Lucas - Put down the pitchforks. And you in the back with the shotgun, seriously, don't. Though Mother 3 can be classified as a classic in the eyes of any RPG enthusiast, Nintendo doesn't really care. Lucas is out due to him being similar enough to Ness to be considered a clone.
Ike - I mentioned this in my comment on which newcomer will show up. Chrom will replace Ike because history repeats itself.
Mr. Game & Watch - I really don't want to see this guy go, he was so sweet in Brawl after all. However, the great grandfather of Nintendo mascots will likely be replaced by the horrifying abomination that is The Villager. His murdering fighting style is reminiscent of G&W and behaves as wacky.
Snake - As the link above entails, getting 3rd party characters is a pain in the arse; And seeing that Hideo Kojima doesn't seem to care and the fact Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic will be in, no need for him.
Olimar - Don't fear, he will, with high probability, be replaced by one of the 3 new playable Pikmin 3 characters, Brittany, Alph, or Charlie; my money's on Charlie, seeing he is the captain.

Who do you think will be cut? And what's your thoughts on the 3DS version of SSB possibly (keyword is POSSIBLY, Sakurai was pretty vague on that) gimping the roster of the Wii U version?

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3781 on: June 15, 2013, 04:10:57 AM
So much wrong with that post. Why did you link to Kotaku of all places? Surely that old bit of news (I don't care if the article was made yesterday, this news was made last year or something, and Kotaku should be ashamed to be essentially reposting ancient history) was somewhere else too.

Anyway, to brutally attack your choices for valid opinions against their removal.

Jigglypuff will probably always stay in as the resident Joke Character that can be used to deadly effect. That and Original 12.
Pokemon Trainer is unique, maybe will get changed a bit but I don't see Red leaving anytime soon, though I would love to see some skins that change voice/gender though.
Toon Link, Well first of all there's been TWO link clones and neither was in both Melee and Brawl (And they were pretty much the same), and Wind Waker HD coming soon keeps him relevant.
ROB could go either way but honestly he's also pretty unique so I can't see him getting cut unless its being replaced with a similar character.
Marth's not going anywhere. Simple as that, maybe Lucina will join in but either as an alt Skin or as a Clone of Marth.
Mr. Game and Watch more than likely won't be leaving, And I don't get where you see connections between Villager and Mr.G&W.
Snake is probably gonna leave but that's because he's Third Party, and we haven't gotten Official confirmation of Pac-Man and Sonic yet so hold your tongue.

I don't really get why you want to try and create "controversy" with your flawed arguements though. We knew a long time ago that we weren't gonna have that much of a bigger roster in Smash 4, so we expect either mostly the same cast with a few new faces and an old face or two gone (I mean, other than Mewtwo nobody that wasn't a clone was cut from Melee, and Lucario was essentially Mewtwo if he was a dog.)

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #3782 on: June 15, 2013, 04:23:16 AM
The controversy thing was for humor. You put up a solid argument. I agree that Jigglypuff could stay; I stated that Jigglypuff is the most likely of the Original 12 to be replaced. I honestly only want the trainer out because there is enough Pokemon reps and not enough RIIIIIIDLEEEEEY!!!! clones like Toon Link draw attention away from the original; I said before that I hated clones because my reaction to the is simply "he/she is just a better/worse version of the other". I'd rather have middle ground and merge all the best parts of the clone into the original. ROB should go because there are better options (Little Mac, Ghirahim, Palutena, Shulk, Isaac, RIIIIDLEEEY!!!!). But remember, I am working under the assumption that characters WILL be cut and I feel ROB should be first to go if that was the case.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3783 on: June 15, 2013, 05:43:25 AM
I wish Snake would stay. I figured out all of his secrets and could regularly clean some floors with people. Faking out with that guided missile is a tactical advantage nobody even sees... and grenade-countering works, really.

He just...had an awful side smash.

what

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3784 on: June 15, 2013, 06:49:09 AM
He just...had an awful side smash.

Oh heavens. Priority Boy has an actual weakness!

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3785 on: June 15, 2013, 07:18:26 AM
Think Falcon Punch...if the key combination for Falcon Punch was really close to the combination for his fastest attack xD

what

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3786 on: June 15, 2013, 10:16:47 AM
Yes, I'm well aware of all of Snake's moves. He's insanely good.

Posted on: June 15, 2013, 12:19:03 AM
First off, I love this!

Second, I REALLY love this!  0v0

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #3787 on: June 15, 2013, 10:23:29 AM
I'd let her work my body...ALL NIGHT LONG. ALL NIGHT. OOOOOO~

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3788 on: June 15, 2013, 10:41:38 AM
ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Alll niiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #3789 on: June 15, 2013, 11:59:45 AM
Toon Link, Well first of all there's been TWO link clones and neither was in both Melee and Brawl (And they were pretty much the same), and Wind Waker HD coming soon keeps him relevant.

I dunno about Toon Link, I think he might get replaced. Both games are suppose to have the same roster but if he is in the background of the 3DS Spirit Tracks then he might not be in the 3DS version of the stage and that would mean he isn't in the Wii U version. Then again they pull a Capcom (Peter Parker/Spider-man think it was MSH), but I don't think that is very likely. I remember telling this to someone but he countered with Donkey Kong in 75m, but that Kong is Cranky Kong when he was young. 

They could keep the WW HD theme in there by using Zelda or WW Ganon (who was a bad ass)

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3790 on: June 15, 2013, 12:51:45 PM
consider this: Toon Link in Spirit Tracks stage has to be there.

Who else would control the train? D:

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3791 on: June 15, 2013, 04:54:55 PM
It's not the same Link

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3792 on: June 15, 2013, 05:12:05 PM

These need to be posted in the Cosplay thread! <3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3793 on: June 15, 2013, 06:10:46 PM
Smash U and 3DSmash might not release at the same time.

The article mentions Ice Climbers, so perhaps they're confirmed?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3794 on: June 15, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
COFFEEEEEEEE

That's what I thought he said as a kid. XD

So did I and my older brother when we were younger. Also...

Smash U and 3DSmash might not release at the same time.

The article mentions Ice Climbers, so perhaps they're confirmed?
So Wii U's version could be out first? Usually I expect the console version of a game to hit the shelves first before their handheld versions, if any.

-Update-
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but the Wii U and 3DS versions will not do cross-platform play however they can interact with each other.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #3795 on: June 15, 2013, 07:38:50 PM
It's not the same Link
Yeah but he looks exactly like Toon Link because he is another Toon Link.

I also found this funny

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3796 on: June 15, 2013, 07:42:57 PM

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and