Yoku Man · 188300

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #425 on: June 29, 2012, 09:45:24 AM

Some armors i made for my Custom MegaMan . Maybe something you can use?

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: June 29, 2012, 07:21:55 PM
Interesting. Prooves that Mega Man can still look good if he at least had Duos wings attached to his back. I'll have to do some experiments with the sprite and then maybe we could design actual artwork from the resulting sprite?

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #427 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:15 PM
Don´t see what´s wrong with em. Duo wings?  I don´t understand?

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: June 30, 2012, 12:28:54 AM
Don´t see what´s wrong with em. Duo wings?  I don´t understand?

I was complimenting them. The Dash Tango suit has wings that reminded me of Duo's Wings. Made me ponder if I should design a suit with similar wings you have there.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #429 on: July 04, 2012, 06:38:55 AM
I still don't like that logo. Nevertheless, the pixel transition is pretty well done there. The "me" from Megaman are on another color, but that might be a small slip-up

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: July 04, 2012, 03:47:33 PM
I still haven't had any thoughts as to if Mega Man should change color to the weapons when under GBA color mode. It would be correct as far as terms go from every game he's been in. But since the GB games never had color, maybe he should just stick to being blue, even under GBA color mode. Just wanted to point that out just in case you are wondering why I have Mega Man in red up there.

Yes thats a real head scratcher. Whether to keep him blue or not. Unfortunately none of the screenshots from the Anniversary Collection show him in any other colour. So theres no way to proove if they also were planning on making him technicolour. (Thats why I made Mega Man blue in the Rush sprite sheet)

I still don't like that logo. Nevertheless, the pixel transition is pretty well done there. The "me" from Megaman are on another color, but that might be a small slip-up

Its not a slip up, the picture is unfinished. I stopped at the second letter, pondering whether the picture as a whole was worth continuing. I think the letters and the numbers need polishing up a bit, rounded properly, maybe different colours and no outline. Then maybe it'll be worth finishing.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: July 04, 2012, 05:11:48 PM
Give Mega Man his techicolor armor. It is his trademark after all.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #432 on: July 04, 2012, 08:37:21 PM
Yea.... I'm thinking we may need to do the weapon color change later, mainly for the GBA color mode. Even though we can't do it for the GB/Super GB mode options, I think it's pretty much safe to say it's a given. Otherwise it would be like Mega Man using weapons like in Ruby Spears style.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: July 05, 2012, 06:21:06 AM

Frost Man is finished, that I know of.  :P 
Took longer than expected, real life ordeals come first.

Slash Man is next, but won't be easy. 

As for the suit upgrades, that one image looks too much like X.  Too detailed perhaps.  My suggestion, how about the sky, land and sea themes?  Like Beat Sky, Rush Land and Tango Sea.  Can only be obtained at the shop.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: July 05, 2012, 12:32:53 PM
Doing some more testing. Did a quick test with Crash Man's GB frames.

http://gcnmario.free.fr/crashman-test.exe
or http://gcnmario.free.fr/crashman-test.html
Spacebar changes the # on the corner. Enter makes him jump & throw the bombs.

Basically, I was thinking of which explosion sound effect to use for the crash bombs. 0 is for the MMI GB explosions. and 1 is for the MMIII GB onward explosions. 2 Gives both explosion sound effect varations. Though the MMIII explosion sound effects may be global for everything else, with the multiple explosion animation, to me the MMI explosions sound better. But I guess it's a matter of opinion. So that's why I made this little thing. :)

I think I like the No. 2 Sound. It's more explosive than having either one of them.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #435 on: July 06, 2012, 02:22:45 AM
Nice Crash Test Dummy you made.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #436 on: July 06, 2012, 02:31:47 AM
  Like Beat Sky, Rush Land and Tango Sea.  Can only be obtained at the shop.

Hm, sound better the other way around
Sky Beat
Land Rush
Sea Tango

I´ll see what i can come up with.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: July 07, 2012, 08:46:12 PM
I like the metallic crates. Maybe remove the diagonal lines on the top & bottom parts of them.
Is it just me, or is one of the metool stamps have legs? I donno, something about the shape of the feet make it look that way. 

I think if we got rid of the wooden box/crates, i think it would look nice. :)

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: July 08, 2012, 05:01:44 AM
And what, N-Mario, is wrong with the wooden crates?

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: July 08, 2012, 05:42:50 AM
And what, N-Mario, is wrong with the wooden crates?

There's nothing wrong with it per-se, as far as graphics go. It's just that it doesn't seem to fit in the style of things in the year 20XX. Just using my common sense. Unless there is something similar that is used like that in an official MM game. To be honest, I am actually expecting the factory level to be really futuristic. Also, somewhere in the BG needs to be showing a metool getting built by machines. :-/

I can't remember where I found this image, but something like this.

Originally planned to have Metto Man from MM Universe as the main villain, like Terra from MMV. Something like how he and the metools rise up against MM for tormenting their kind for years.

POST UPDATE 7/10/12

Okay, so this is not my "Best" work. But at least I tried my hands on it.

The font in the middle are different to be exact. It's really all that I could work with in such small sprite work. The 25th just comes from the games numbering fonts with added borders. So yea, it kind of imitates the original 25th logo, but to be more in the "sprite" style as I might call it.

As for the extra 'heads' above the logo, I was doing some size testing before I started on the logo's border.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:18:40 AM by N-Mario »

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #440 on: July 11, 2012, 04:14:49 AM
I've tried some metallic-looking crates this time and also experimented with some stamps. Do you think any of them look okay or should I stick with blank crates? Or do you think the metal crates still need some work?

Yeah, I like 'em. They fit much better than the wooden crates too.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: July 16, 2012, 01:34:58 AM
I did some concept work of what Bubble Man's stage 'might' look like in GB Mania style. :)

I just took some parts from the NES stage, to make it fit into the GB resolution.

Very impressive concept screenie! I've been pondering whether to use the original NES tileset or not, because Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge, used totally new tilesets for the robot masters. It shouldn't be too hard to do as there are alot less tiles for Bubble Man stage as there are for the mid-level I'm doing. Once I'm done with the mid-level I'll definately do Bubble Man stage next. It will be very similar to the mock up screenie, though, with the sprinklers underwater and such.

Posted on: July 12, 2012, 02:53:01 PM
This may be off topic.. or maybe not..  I did some doodling today and ended up doing an 8-bit version of Mega Man from the Mega Man 8 Intro. Ended up shading him in B/W and adding effects like a Weapon Get scene and... who knows?... think, if animated, it might be workable for Mega Man World or Mega Man: Starbound - Galaxy's Champion?

Update: Also did a coloured version.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: July 16, 2012, 06:02:48 AM
Looks nice Yoku Man! :)

Also, this isn't much, but I got started coding again. Added an updated text on the title screen so you'll know when I update the game. :)

There is a new "water" section in the engine room. Except that I haven't added the water physics yet. But it's there. I'll have to do some more testting to get the water physics correct. :P
Look out for the new miniboss I added. Still needs work though. I might make it shoot fireballs or something later.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: July 16, 2012, 04:00:35 PM
Looks nice Yoku Man! :)

Also, this isn't much, but I got started coding again. Added an updated text on the title screen so you'll know when I update the game. :)

There is a new "water" section in the engine room. Except that I haven't added the water physics yet. But it's there. I'll have to do some more testting to get the water physics correct. :P
Look out for the new miniboss I added. Still needs work though. I might make it shoot fireballs or something later.

I like how you've incorporated the MM7 Gimmick where depending on how you kill the Mini-boss, a different path will open up. That'll proove useful in Starbound - Galaxy's Champion. Heh and I assume you're desperate to get the water physics done so we can start on Bubble Man's stage as soon as possible? The Bubble Man theme by Saskrotch is awesome isn't it? Inspirational!

Nice to see that your Mega-Gyotot mini-boss has ended up being the first shootable/killable enemy in the game. Seems fitting. Your engine and your favourite character. :) Did I notice you snuck in the MM1 bullet deflecting sound for him? lol

I'm continuing with the Met Tileset still. Then I'll start designing the actual level. I'll use Bubble Man's stage as encouragement to get it done faster. For I too wanna hurry up and start working on it.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: July 16, 2012, 07:32:20 PM
Yea I used the MM1 deflect sound. I have the other deflect sound used for MMIII-MMV ripped, but it just does not sound right. Should I use it anyway? I kind of wanted a deflect sound similar to the deflect sounds from the NES games. :\

I'd say keep it in that sub boss battle so that fans have a variety of deflection sounds to chose from. I know I'll be using the deflect sound from V (for consistencies sake).

What do you think about the round explosion animation? Every time I recorded it in the different MM GB games, some of the sprites were flashing like they usually do. It was kind of hard for me to determine where the frames of the explosion were at which frame # at times. I've constructed a sprite sheet of it of what it wold look like without any of the sprite flickering.

Interestingly enough, it seems it would have more animation frames than the MM9 rounded explosions.

I think the more frames the better, it'll look more spectacular, as explosions should be. Will be intruiging to see how any sprite flickering might affect it. Will that be hard to implement? I know that when robot masters die their explosion particles flicker for a bit too.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:02 PM
Colors are too light, or too dim. They need to be a tad bit brighter IMO. Otherwise it looks nice. :)

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: July 17, 2012, 07:47:41 PM
Colors are too light, or too dim. They need to be a tad bit brighter IMO. Otherwise it looks nice. :)

Your welcome to alter the colours to what you prefer before you put it into the engine. Can't wait to see it implemented.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: July 19, 2012, 11:02:57 PM
Yoku Man, does that Frost Man look good enough?  Did I miss any thing? 

Plus, as for Deneb, the tail of the hen, boss.  Do you like the design?  I ask because, I am not coming up with any other ideas, for the time being.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: July 20, 2012, 03:59:56 AM
Wait...... Are we seriously doing MM8 robot masters too or something? Or is this just concept idea, or a thought for your own fan game?

Also, I'm not too thrilled about the way he looks colored.  Why is his head gray instead of something like light blue?

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: July 20, 2012, 06:05:08 PM
Wait...... Are we seriously doing MM8 robot masters too or something? Or is this just concept idea, or a thought for your own fan game?

Also, I'm not too thrilled about the way he looks colored.  Why is his head gray instead of something like light blue?

I've added light blue to his colour scheme then. That should be alot better.

Come on NMario, don't be so forgetful. The Teleporter room is going to have Star Man, Centaur Man, Slash Man and Frost Man.