HEALP! I NEED SOME TIPS ON DRAWING...

Rin · 1360

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
on: September 25, 2009, 10:09:01 AM
...with a mouse, and well... just overall drawings tips, since I suck so much.

I remember there was thread once here, but it's now LONG GONE.

So, I want to learn how to draw. I have some basic knowledge of drawing, since I used to draw fuckton things when I was young(and also a Megaman fancomic when I barely knew anything about Megaman, and I just made [parasitic bomb] up) but to be honest, I'm bad at it. So I just need some useful tips, and maybe you could recommend me some books that help out on certain subjects, or maybe some online tutorials.

Of course I have no delusions, I know that no tutorial in itself will teach me how to draw well, if I do not try my best myself.

But, as I mentioned above, I'm interested in learning how to draw on the PC using a mouse... but is that even possible? Can you draw great things using only the mouse? Do any of you guys know any tips on that?

Anyway, this will be GENERAL DRAWING TIPs & TRICKS THREAD.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:21:36 AM
More-detailed tips will need to wait til Saturday when I get back, but I can at least offer some advice now concerning drawing with a mouse...

Mainly, practice, practice, practice.  Practice controlling the mouse with precise movements.  Practice colouring with the mouse, then move on to linework.  It will take a while, and until then, Ctrl-Z is your best friend.  It is possible to draw with a mouse, many have done it.  I've done it in the past.  It just takes an enormous amount of patience and very fine, precise movements.

Anyway... bedtime for me.