Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

Phi · 8762

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
on: June 17, 2010, 04:33:01 AM
Check out the official website

Hideo Kojima has been Tweeting about a "top secret project" over the past few months. Today, he revealed the identity the project.

"The Nintendo conference ended at the Nokia Theater. We'll be showing 3DS MGS in the Nintendo booth on the E3 show floor. Be sure and check it out running directly on the system. We've at last been able to reveal it. This is the "Secret Project" that I'm directing."

The 3DS Metal Gear Solid game is also the third and final game from the Kojima Productions E3 portal site, where it is referred to as "Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D," suggesting that it may have a connection with the second PlayStation 2 Metal Gear Solid game.

Little info is know about this 3DS title right now, but one things for sure. It looks beautiful.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:23:07 AM
Check out the official website

Little info is know about this 3DS title right now, but one things for sure. It looks beautiful.
I honestly hope the MGS3 tech demo is just that, a tech demo. And that we get a whole new game for the 3DS instead of a port with more features, as fantastic as the game was.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 06:30:44 AM
Why isn't there a video of Snake Eater in here yet?

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:44:41 AM
Why isn't there a video of Snake Eater in here yet?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uf9UsGwj74[/youtube]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:52:53 AM
That's better!  owob

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:54:29 AM
Embedding disabled by request.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:44 AM
I don't care what anyone says. Climbing that extra long ladder in 3D? I'm all for it.

What a thrill~

Or [tornado fang], the Sorrow battle in 3D! God DAMN!

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 03:30:11 PM
Lol, the Sorrow battle in 3D will give people nightmares.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 04:07:58 PM
Lol, the Sorrow battle in 3D will give people nightmares.
Can you imagine the crazy [parasitic bomb] Kojima will be able to pull out with 3D? Imagine a whole part of the game in 2D, and the suddenly, GIANT SORROW FACE JUMPS OUT

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 09:04:37 PM
Just a few things I found over at ZFGC.

L: PS2 | R: 3DS

Quote from: Porkchop
Essentially it's a bit better than a PS2 if you put thought into it. 3DS doesn't have AA, sure, but AA takes up a lot of resources. 3DS also has Pixel Shaders and Bump mapping, something PS2 couldn't produce. Gamecube didn't have them either. Xbox 1 had Pixel Shader 1.0 if I recall.

3DS also uses resources to produce 3D. Now take away the 3D resources and it's even more powerful. These are also Tech Demos/Launch Titles basically. Every console started off a bit weak, then grew (PSX with FF7 -> FF9). Give it time, the 3DS will produce even better results.
And a quote from the guy who posted those.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 10:01:22 PM
- How did the MGS3-inspired "NAKED Sample" 3DS demo at E3 come to fruition?

"It was a top-secret project -- I had a non-disclosure agreement signed with Nintendo, so I couldn't even tell you [Hamamura] about it," Kojima revealed. "The demo was produced by the Peace Walker team, but outside of the group that developed it, nobody at Kojima Productions even knew about it. I got that group together and said 'Okay, we have to build this thing for E3' -- they work on a different floor from the rest of the studio, so most people thought they were on vacation after shipping off Peace Walker, I suppose."

"The thing is that it's hard to get a lot of feedback from players, because only so many of them could physically play the title at the event," he said. "I was hoping to shape our future direction for the game based on more of their opinions. Also, the maps and character models were all remade with a higher polygon count than before. The models are about the same quality as what we made for the PlayStation 3, but you really can't tell within the game. We could've made it look better if we had a little more time."

- Now that E3 is over, where is the 3DS MGS project headed?

"I did handle direction work on the E3 demo, but where I go from here hasn't been decided yet," Kojima said. "For now, what we wanted to do was advertise the fact that we are producing a 3DS game in the MGS franchise. Largely it was just a demonstration of what we're capable of with the 3DS. For a full-size game, just having things pop out at the player all the time will get old fast, so I think the emphasis will be on visual depth instead. We haven't settled on the details yet, but I'd like to get CO-OPS and some of the other things we did in Peace Walker into this game as well. We can't change MGS3's story, but we are thinking about CO-OPS and other things we can use the 3D technology for."

- So when'll it come out?

"Nothing's been decided at all yet. I don't think we'll be able to make it a launch title, but if we don't at least stick close to launch, we'll lose a lot of product value."

- So within a year or so of launch, then?

"Yeah, I think we need to get it out by then. That's why I want to get more people to try it out. Showing a trailer really just isn't enough -- it'd be nice if Nintendo organizes some kind of public demo event."
From 1up

Honestly didn't expect the models to be about the same quality as MGS4. And CO-OP sounds pretty sweet.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 10:34:08 PM
From 1up

Honestly didn't expect the models to be about the same quality as MGS4. And CO-OP sounds pretty sweet.
If they can seriously pull that off, I'll be both amused and awesomed.

Awesomed because it's awesome.

...amused because Nintendo's gonna have a portable console more powerful than its home console. 8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 11:47:38 PM
Well, the programmable shaders shpiel as stated at ThinQ already shows that the 3DS has access to some visual tricks that the Wii can't do.  Of course, system strength isn't exactly a single scale, so how it stands up overall, I guess we'll see.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 11:49:25 PM
So I guess the next Nintendo console will feature Motion Control, Wide Screen, HD and glassless 3D combined with PS3 power.

How is that not [tornado fang]ing cool?

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 12:10:44 AM
Don't forget Wii backwards compatibility and upscaling Wii games.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 03:00:40 AM
Glassless 3D?

Yaaay, it will come with its own TV! =D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 06:00:59 AM
Glassless 3D?

Yaaay, it will come with its own TV! =D

Honestly, the company that comes out with Glassless 3D TV's will easily win the 3D TV market until other companies follow through.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:06 AM
Honestly, the company that comes out with Glassless 3D TV's will easily win the 3D TV market until other companies follow through.
"Remember, you gotta stand DIRECTLY in front of the TV, otherwise, it won't work!" =P

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 11:17:50 AM
Oh god, I won't be able to do drugs and play games anymore. I already have to deal with Pac-Man trying to eat me when I'm on acid. (not to be confused with our lovely member, Acid)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 12:47:36 PM
Everyone wants to get high on me.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 04:42:38 PM
Well, Mr. Acid is really tall. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone wanted to climb on top of his shoulders!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 04:45:52 PM

The worst part about this (in an utterly hilarious kind of way) is that even if it's implemented badly, the sheer amount of marketing leverage that people will get just from saying "Glassesless 3D TV" would be [tornado fang]ing incredible.

That being said, I think 3D is going to be standardized and implemented faster in heavy electronics than HD was.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 04:53:04 PM
The worst part about this (in an utterly hilarious kind of way) is that even if it's implemented badly, the sheer amount of marketing leverage that people will get just from saying "Glassesless 3D TV" would be [tornado fang]ing incredible.

That being said, I think 3D is going to be standardized and implemented faster in heavy electronics than HD was.
I honestly hope it goes the way of Betamax. TRUE 3D in gaming should be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw&feature=player_embedded

In movies, I couldn't care the least. Every movie critic worth a damn has been bashing 3D left and right and I'm of the same opinion.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 04:55:04 PM
Every movie critic worth a damn has been bashing 3D left and right

Hmm?  Why?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 05:00:50 PM
I honestly hope it goes the way of Betamax. TRUE 3D in gaming should be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw&feature=player_embedded

Holy wow!