Sakura Leic · 2814048

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #8100 on: March 03, 2010, 01:06:34 AM
Hope it's nice for the hitchhike home...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #8101 on: March 03, 2010, 01:16:23 AM
I share your pain.  Group projects are only good if you are graded individually on the amount of work you put into it.  That's fair.  They're bad and completely pointless when you get a group grade.  That's unfair.  One or two people do all the work while the rest mooch off those hard workers.  I would be the kid that does all the work that my group members reap benefit from.  Sounds like that's going to be your job.  Hang in there, though.

There is an individual grade, but there's no way to tell who did what other than the speaking.  I mean I already failed the last video and that's because my Spanish teacher only gave me my annoying, irresponsible friend to work with, while everyone else had a full group of 4.  I had to do a reserch paper and a essay so I let my friend do the script.  Biggets mistake in my life, the script was full of really bad internet references, the story didn't make sense, it was full of errors and had none of the requirements, so I had to redo the entire script and believe me it was hard to do.

Then when I needed that friend the most he bailed on me to work on another Spanish video leaving the 2 other friends I asked to help me and it was 3 days late.  

My teacher was unsympathetic and dock my grade a lot.  We would of gotten a B on it, since my teacher failed to mention that we would get a lower grade if we did a seperate audio (since it was a cheesy kung fu movie, and what's a cheesy kung fu movie without terrible dubbing. 8D), but since it was 3 days late the video got a D-.  And his grade was only a little less than mine, even though his voice wasn't even on the video.  He should of gotten a zero and failed the class but instead he got a C+ for his final grade and I got a B- for mine. >_<

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8102 on: March 03, 2010, 01:23:19 AM
There is an individual grade, but there's no way to tell who did what other than the speaking.  I mean I already failed the last video and that's because my Spanish teacher only gave me my annoying, irresponsible friend to work with, while everyone else had a full group of 4.  I had to do a reserch paper and a essay so I let my friend do the script.  Biggets mistake in my life, the script was full of really bad internet references, the story didn't make sense, it was full of errors and had none of the requirements, so I had to redo the entire script and believe me it was hard to do.

Then when I needed that friend the most he bailed on me to work on another Spanish video leaving the 2 other friends I asked to help me and it was 3 days late. 

My teacher was unsympathetic and dock my grade a lot.  We would of gotten a B on it, since my teacher failed to mention that we would get a lower grade if we did a seperate audio (since it was a cheesy kung fu movie, and what's a cheesy kung fu movie without terrible dubbing. 8D), but since it was 3 days late the video got a D-.  And his grade was only a little less than mine, even though his voice wasn't even on the video.  He should of gotten a zero and failed the class but instead he got a C+ for his final grade and I got a B- for mine. >_<
Wow, thats just terrible, I myself speak spanish like some kind of well tanned muscular guy who surfs all day (Of course, I'm pretty tall and tanned, but gaining muscle is not my specialty.) though I would still need a story of some kind, maybe a cheesy romance, my family loves that type of thing, or I would sing a medley of Beatles songs, in spanish, of course. (Translating for family for around 8 years helps alot.) Though, my voice is sub-par, and I'm pretty clumsy. -u-'

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8103 on: March 03, 2010, 01:31:03 AM
"Okay I think my school's Spanish department is insane if they think that 4 students are able to do a 10 min, with a script that requires 10 different Subjective phrases, 3 Negative Subjunctive Phrases (and keep in mind we just started learning the Present Subjunctives last week and won't start on the Past Subjunctive until April.), 10 Commands, each student has to have equal screen time and lines, and the video has to be 10 mins long with engilsh subtitles.

We have no class time to talk things out, since this includes all three Spanish 3 classes, no equipment given to us if we don't have a camera, barely any help from the teachers and the groups were just finished last Monday and the  video is due on April 7th.

It takes 11 weeks for a film student, who works with a camera given by the film class, to make a 8 min silent film for a Film Fest, with time in class to edit it, and the film has no requirement.  How the hell does the Spanish department think that students, who usually don't on videos, can get this done in less than 7 weeks.  And worse of all how is it that my group isn't even worried about it now and we don't even have an idea of what the movie will be about.  Not to mention I'm the only one coming up with ideas.  Why is this happening to me!" ;^;

You have one month to do this, you have it easy my friend =/

If you barely know your team mates ask for their mail and (cell)phone. Your team is most likely not worried because they must believe there's a lot of time, but if it bothers you that much make sure to let them know and try your hardest to get them to work too. I think an important thing you should consider is, just how important is the video? Don't waste time unnecessarily on the video, something like this and a project for a Film Fest are two completely different things and shouldn't require nearly as much time.

There is an individual grade, but there's no way to tell who did what other than the speaking.  I mean I already failed the last video and that's because my Spanish teacher only gave me my annoying, irresponsible friend to work with, while everyone else had a full group of 4.  I had to do a reserch paper and a essay so I let my friend do the script.  Biggets mistake in my life, the script was full of really bad internet references, the story didn't make sense, it was full of errors and had none of the requirements, so I had to redo the entire script and believe me it was hard to do.

My teacher was unsympathetic and dock my grade a lot.  We would of gotten a B on it, since my teacher failed to mention that we would get a lower grade if we did a seperate audio (since it was a cheesy kung fu movie, and what's a cheesy kung fu movie without terrible dubbing. 8D), but since it was 3 days late the video got a D-.  And his grade was only a little less than mine, even though his voice wasn't even on the video.  He should of gotten a zero and failed the class but instead he got a C+ for his final grade and I got a B- for mine. >_<

Now that is pure BS.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Trask

• Laid-back and easy-going
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoot to thrill...
    • View Profile
Reply #8104 on: March 03, 2010, 01:37:56 AM
That sounds like one of those teachers that is just there to make a paycheck and nothing else.  I get so tired of those types of teachers really quickly.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8105 on: March 03, 2010, 01:45:54 AM
You have one month to do this, you have it easy my friend =/

If you barely know your team mates ask for their mail and (cell)phone. Your team is most likely not worried because they must believe there's a lot of time, but if it bothers you that much make sure to let them know and try your hardest to get them to work too. I think an important thing you should consider is, just how important is the video? Don't waste time unnecessarily on the video, something like this and a project for a Film Fest are two completely different things and shouldn't require nearly as much time.

It's worth 200 points of our grade 100 for the video and 100 for the individual grade, and honestly you do not know how completly stressful it is.  I mean we are just learning the Present Subjectives now, and we don't have total mastery of it, and the teacher expects that the video has 13 of them.  

It may not be a big deal to you but you are not the one doing it, you're not the one who has to deal with slow pokes who haven't even come up with a single idea, you do not have a teacher who thinks that you are really strange and has expectaions for everyone and singles you out just because you are socially akward and thinks that you will not be a "functioning member of society" because she is a conformist.  Trust me I'm completly irritated by this thing because of what happened last time.  

I mean for crying out loud I had some decent ideas and they shot them down because one guy wants to do a movie parody since he thinks it's the easiest one to do, I had some movie parodies written down and the only one he considered was the Men in Black but he says we're not even sure if we're doing that one and hasn't come up with any other ideas.  Honestly Clue would have been way much easier to me since all we need is a dead body and a few of the game palyers that's it.  I'm the only one schedling meetings to work on this and they do nothing.  I haven't even met the last one since he doesn't have the same lunch as us.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense but I can barely think strait right now.  But I promise that tomorrow I'm going to chew them out, with one of the friends who helped me with my last one as back up.

That sounds like one of those teachers that is just there to make a paycheck and nothing else.  I get so tired of those types of teachers really quickly.
EDIT: That was my last History teacher.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8106 on: March 03, 2010, 01:51:56 AM
I only said you had it easy because, honestly, if we had to do something like that here chances are I would've had half the time you do and I was refering to the project itself. From what it looks like to me, the project itself is not that much of a problem, but the people involved in it are, so yeah, you should really make it your priority to solve any issues you have with your team =/

Oh, and if you need help with the lines I'll be glad to help you.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8107 on: March 03, 2010, 01:54:46 AM
Okay but keep in mind that we've only been learning Spanish for three years so we can't have any out of place verb tenses that we haven't learned yet.  But if this goes well tomorrow I probably won't need your help.  But I'm still stressed and scared. O^O

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8108 on: March 03, 2010, 01:59:34 AM
Okay but keep in mind that we've only been learning Spanish for three years so we can't have any out of place verb tenses that we haven't learned yet.  But if this goes well tomorrow I probably won't need your help.  But I'm still stressed and scared. O^O
Well, remember, that english and spanish have some similarities(Fuego, fire Football, Futbol), if you don't know, consult an english to spanish dictionary, or just try and translate as well as you can. In any case, it shouldn't be so hard. Also, E and O.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8109 on: March 03, 2010, 02:01:40 AM
I know that. already like I said I've been taking it for 3 years.  It's just writing a story in Spanish that's really hard.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #8110 on: March 03, 2010, 02:03:21 AM
I have no idea what this entire last page was about...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8111 on: March 03, 2010, 02:04:25 AM
I have no idea what this entire last page was about...
Just me reliving a nightmare.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8112 on: March 03, 2010, 02:04:49 AM
I know that. already like I said I've been taking it for 3 years.  It's just writing a story in Spanish that's really hard.

Try writing it in English first, then translate it into Spanish and modify as necessary.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8113 on: March 03, 2010, 02:05:40 AM
I know that. already like I said I've been taking it for 3 years.  It's just writing a story in Spanish that's really hard.
Yeah, well, I'm never much help anyways.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8114 on: March 03, 2010, 02:07:55 AM
Try writing it in English first, then translate it into Spanish and modify as necessary.
That's what I was planning, but until I know exactly what we're doing I have no inspiration.  I really hope we can do the Clue movie idea though since I at least have an idea of a sequence of events, and it seems easy enough to put the requirements in it.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8115 on: March 03, 2010, 02:15:56 AM
Yeah, sounds like it'd be easy to meet the requirements with it.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #8116 on: March 03, 2010, 04:21:30 AM
HELL YES. I GOT MY LAPTOP IN THE MAIL TODAY.

Now to transfer all my files from my crappy desktop to my awesome laptop...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8117 on: March 03, 2010, 04:27:33 AM
Maybe I should start on Bass's jumping, ladder climbing, hit, and the rest of the sprites he has tomorrow.. who knows.  :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8118 on: March 03, 2010, 07:59:26 AM
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate weeks like this. Work overload, lack of sleep, and you don't even finish all of your assignments anyways >____<

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #8119 on: March 03, 2010, 07:20:54 PM
How far can someone go before they cross the Moral Event Horizon?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8120 on: March 03, 2010, 11:25:08 PM
How can a super shark jump that high above the clouds without a speedboost? oy vey..  X(

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8121 on: March 03, 2010, 11:26:53 PM
But I promise that tomorrow I'm going to chew them out, with one of the friends who helped me with my last one as back up.
It didn't work but I'm way more calm now.  Sorry for blowing up like that yesterday.

How can a super shark jump that high above the clouds without a speedboost? oy vey..  X(
Shark stereroids?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8122 on: March 03, 2010, 11:30:00 PM
A friend of mine showed me this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skYRZ_-RXtk&feature=related

After I saw it I was like "WTF?" afterwards. Director logic is strange. o~O

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8123 on: March 03, 2010, 11:32:31 PM
"Dammed bear swiped my picanic basket!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8124 on: March 03, 2010, 11:36:22 PM