Now That Inafune Is Gone, Besides Megaman, Who Will Be Our Mascott?

xnamkcor · 8542

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
We should hold some sort of vote or meeting. Granted, it's too soon to know how things will play out. How about, New Year's Day. That should be enough time to figure out some details.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
What?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Can we vote for characters?
Because I'm voting for Iris.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well Captain Commando used to be the original mascot for Capcom.
I just really think Commando is cool and hip.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

I don't think we can interview Iris.

When a new Megaman game comes out and someone ends up in a situation to interview someone, who will we interview?

Also, it might be fun/mean to interview Inafune.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I'm calling Street Fighter's Protoge', Ryu, to be the mascot. The team that developed the first Street Fighter's still around I belive, and starred in many games and crossovers.

It still should be fun to interview one of the Street Fighter staff though. Or the Inti Music Group "III", can't let the devs have ALL the fun. Graphic Designers and such need love too.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Lucas Gilbertson, the voice of Zero?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA

I LOVE YOU!

...oh wait, we need a real person?

Lucas Gilbertson, the voice of Zero?
In all honestly my personal "Mega Man mascot" was always a toss-up between Lucas and Sensei.  But I gather we'll want one of the producer/director big-shots for the purpose of fan-figurehead.

Well, if you recall, Tatsuya Kitabayashi is producing Legends 3 and has already done video interviews.  He also promised to look into the ongoing issue of Legends ports being unavailable outside of Japan (not sure what will come of that since I'm fairly sure others have looked into it before him; IIRC there are legal issues with reusing the english VAs).

Then there's Eguchi Masakazu, who is directing L3 and has been the front man for the whole "game developed by the fans" thing, delivering most of the Dev Room information thus far.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Who is Sensei? Unfortunate he has a name that could be mistaken for a broad term.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Who is Sensei? Unfortunate he has a name that could be mistaken for a broad term.
Haruki Suetsugu. He was the X4-6 artist. He also designed that "Tomahawk Gal" for the L3 heroine contest. (won 2nd place)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Haruki Suetsugu. He was the X4-6 artist. He also designed that "Tomahawk Gal" for the L3 heroine contest. (won 2nd place)

His name isn't Sensei.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Its his nickname, 'case you didnt notice.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Its his nickname, 'case you didnt notice.
What's next? Someone who's Nickname is "Sir"? How horribly original.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Hey, I didnt make it up. Thats what they call him. :\

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
What's next? Someone who's Nickname is "Sir"? How horribly original.

Fun Fact: I know a guy from another fourm who goes by the name of Tom Guycott. You know who he is (remember Clash at Demonhead? Anyone?)

While keeping track on the topic, there are quite a number of folks that can be picked out to take the "capcom represenative" spot. It might just take awhile.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I Think that Ryu will overthrow Megaman

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
While I disapprove of over-throwing, it's still more respectable than over-Hadoukening.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
His name isn't Sensei.
*gives him ZEE UPPERCUT!!*
It's the alias by which he is credited in-game.  Sensei is to Suetsugu as Inafking is to Inafune.

Sensei has brought much awesomeness to the series.  The epic recollections in the X5 intro, the most badass first armor image ever, and sending Zero and Iris on a date in the X1-6 soundtrack.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
*gives him ZEE UPPERCUT!!*
It's the alias by which he is credited in-game.  Sensei is to Suetsugu as Inafking is to Inafune.

Sensei has brought much awesomeness to the series.  The epic recollections in the X5 intro, the most badass first armor image ever, and sending Zero and Iris on a date in the X1-6 soundtrack.
The problem is Sensei is a rather common title. Inafking is not.
You say Sensei in most Japanese settings, you could be addressing several people, in that room alone.
You say "Inafking", there is only one true person it could be and maybe some weirdos who have that as their online names.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I get what you're saying, but I think taking it to rather ridiculous lengths (several people in most Japanese settings are teachers?).  His nickname is his prerogative.  Maybe he's referring to his desire to inspire others, or something?

It's not as if spelling Rockman X backwards is all that unique either, you know. ;)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I get what you're saying, but I think taking it to rather ridiculous lengths (several people in most Japanese settings are teachers?).  His nickname is his prerogative.  Maybe he's referring to his desire to inspire others, or something?

It's not as if spelling Rockman X backwards is all that unique either, you know. ;)

I'm the only person on the internet that uses it. Bob & George seemed to have a character that was "xnamagem", but there is no relation.
More than Teachers(Formal Educators) are called "Sensei". From what I remember, you might call someone who doesn't even teach you anything Sensei, just out of respect.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
And who else besides Suetsugu uses that alias within Capcom?

For that matter, if somebody else decided to use yours, who would give a damn?  I've known quite a few "Maverick"s on the internet; nobody hounded them.  Your alias is whatever you choose; whether others approve or not is irrelevant.  

You can be a teacher, that is one who teaches something, without being a formal educator.  I never said they had to do so professionally; you're assuming specifics where I offered none.  In the broader sense, yes it may be used to refer solely to mastery at something, but that's quite a bit more specific than "just out of respect."  Certainly a hell of a lot more so than "sir."

It'd be more like if somebody registered here with the username "Doctor".  Yes, it's non-specific, but at the same time it's not something you call just anybody.  So it still works well enough.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Okay, Sensei is a perfectly identifying name that I would know is him if I knew that was his nickname.
I think we might have learned our lesson with Inafune, so we might want to pick someone more important than artist this time.

Kitabayashi and Eguchi are my top picks so far.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I still pick Sensei.

While the name may be common, within Capcom, there is only one person recognized as "sensei", by fans, and that is Suetsugu.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Jon Bon Jovi.

Wait, it has to be someone from Capcom?

Oh.

Well, then, M. Bison or something.

The way I see it, "Sensei" as a nickname implies a person who is endeared and respected as a mentor or superior; someone who is due credit for the work that they have done and who is regarded as an important and influential figure. That said, I have no idea who Suetsugu is.