The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229589

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2925 on: March 27, 2015, 10:44:33 AM
"Fxeni if I use my magic to enchant the engine with a fire spell would it prevnt the engine from freezing?" Sakura asked.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2926 on: March 27, 2015, 10:48:16 AM
"The sudden change in temperature would probably just make it worse... I'm shutting it down before it gets too damaged!" Fxeni said as he manipulated the levers next to the steering mechanism. The engine shuddered slowly to a halt. The airship began to descend slowly, and Fxeni did his best to control it against the harsh winds.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2927 on: March 27, 2015, 10:50:07 AM
"I was afraid of something like that to be honest." Sakura sighed. "So there's really nothing we can do."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2928 on: March 27, 2015, 10:55:33 AM
Having made his way back to the helm, the Professor looked from Fxeni to Sakura, and back again. "We, we may, we may be able to maintain our, our altitude, but, but, but without p-propulsion, without propulsion, we're at the m-mercy of the winds."

He glanced behind him to the hatch that led below decks. "I advise... I advise that we take cover... We're... we're in for a... a turbulent flight."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2929 on: March 27, 2015, 11:04:22 AM
"You don't need to tell me twice." Sakura nodded as she followed the Prof as Calien was close behind and was lost in thought.

"<If the airship can't even withstand something like this maybe we need to find Nerine after all.>" Calien thought as he went down the hatch.

(Even though he knows this ship was probably the one used to get to Pandora in the first place he's worried the ship isn't going to last that long.  Never mind the fact that Final Fantasy is kind of known for having multiple airships in a single game.

As for why he thinks he has to find Nerine well that's spoilers.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2930 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:22 AM
The Professor didn't move from his post at the helm.  He was pulling out his sextant and trying to sight objects so that he could assist Fxeni with keeping the airship oriented in its vulnerable state.  "My lens... my lens is fogging..."

((Last one, as I must bed.))

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2931 on: March 27, 2015, 02:43:03 PM
Aya remained on deck, the cold didn't effect her anyway; she kept close so the winds wouldn't carry the professor away; there was little else she could do.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2932 on: March 27, 2015, 10:59:42 PM
"This storm is... not natural. When I inspected the airship, it should've been able to handle the weather here... something is not right," Fxeni stated as he wrestled with the controls to keep the airship as stable as possible.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2933 on: March 28, 2015, 02:37:20 AM
A particularly strong gust caught the Professor's cloak like a sail and blew him backwards into Aya.  He apologized, excused himself, and continued trying to navigate.  The airship was entering the rain wall as it continued its descent, blown along by the winds.

Putting the sextant away and checking his notes, he pulled out his compass to confirm their heading. "We're, we're still on course.  If we, if we can, if we can maintain our north-northeast heading, we should m-make it..."

Tucking the compass away, he produced a small wind vane, but it just spun around.  The winds were buffeting them in every which way, and he could only determine the barest hint of a direction by how long the vane held a position before spinning again.  "This storm front... this storm front is a nor'easter."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2934 on: March 28, 2015, 02:39:31 AM
(Shouldn't Pema be below deck?)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2935 on: March 28, 2015, 02:41:42 AM
(Whoops, you're right. Deleted.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2936 on: March 28, 2015, 10:41:23 AM
As the airship slowly descended, a figure was speeding along within the forest beneath. Stopping to look up, it sped off in the opposite direction from which it came.

Back at Heimdall, Freeze Master and Blizzard Master were freezing random villagers just because. A Cheval Joe sped up to Freeze Master, and reported its sighting.

"It seems our guests would be arriving soon... Freezzzzzzze..."

"Oh, I can finally do that new spinning trick on them!"

"... Why do I bother... Freezzzzzze..."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2937 on: March 28, 2015, 06:57:05 PM
(I... wouldn't have gone with rain, but oh well! I'll do what I can with it.)

The rain exasperates the issue, as the water freezes shortly after contact on the airship. The deck is pelted with hail, forcing everyone to stick away from the edges of the airship and towards the middle of the deck. Fxeni spots Heimdall off in the distance.

"Get below deck and hold on to something... this is going to be a rough landing!" Fxeni exclaims.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2938 on: March 28, 2015, 07:34:08 PM
Calien and Sakura heard the announcement on the speakers and grabbed on to something.

"This isn't an ordinary storm." Calien stated "This doesn't make sense!"

"You been in something like this?" Sakura asked him.

"One time me, Farah and your aunt went to Horon Village in Holodrum to see Farah's sister Dinnae in the winter when we were kids.  During that time there was a freak blizzard and we had to stay inside while it was storming.  I couldn't sleep because the winds were so loud but the houses weren't really affected.  Then when the blizzard stopped we spent the next day shoveling....there was a lot of shoveling." Calien finished as his arms suddenly ached from the memory.

"Uh Daddy can you get to the point?" Sakura said trying to get her Dad back to the situation at hand.

"Oh right, sorry." Calien coughed to clear his throat "Anyway the reason I think this storm is not a normal storm is because it's too fierce and the effects of freezing are happening too fast, even a Blizzard wouldn't do something like this this fast."

"So you think something is making this storm?" Sakura asked.

"Quite possibly." Calien nodded.

(I just imagine there's a horn next to Fxeni that he yelled into that connects to other horns like an intercom system.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2939 on: March 28, 2015, 09:41:06 PM
The Professor held out his arm to study the precipitation.  Aside from the icing rain, he watched as little balls of ice bounced off his sleeve.  "It's m-more than rain... it's sleet.  As we, as we descend, we may encounter snow.  The surface air may not be cold enough to support snow."

The wind blew stinging ice pellets against his face.  He took out his compass and studied the heading.  "Still on course..."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2940 on: March 28, 2015, 09:46:39 PM
"I can project my barrier ahead but I can't expand it around the whole ship." Aya adds covering her eyes with one hand while the other keeps the professor in place.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2941 on: March 28, 2015, 10:14:52 PM
As the ship continued its wild descent, the changeover from sleet to snow happened quickly as a shock of arctic air blasted the ship.  The storm front was gaining strength and funneling more cold air into it.

The Professor tried to keep his hood up, but the cold winds blew it off his head.  He pulled out a thermometer and watched the mercury plummet.  His face was very quickly going numb from the icy air as he looked from Aya, to Fxeni, and back. "I suggest... I suggest that we... assume crash positions.  Could we, could we possibly engage an autopilot?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2942 on: March 28, 2015, 10:33:41 PM
(Sakura and Calien are already below deck.  Hench why I mentioned the horns.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2943 on: March 28, 2015, 10:37:00 PM
((Oh, derp.  Editing that...))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2944 on: March 28, 2015, 10:54:47 PM
"You're still up here? When I said everyone get below deck and hold onto something, that included you two!" Fxeni said to the Prof and Aya.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2945 on: March 28, 2015, 11:00:32 PM
"What about you?" Aya frowns

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2946 on: March 28, 2015, 11:04:26 PM
"You need to get to safety, too!" The Professor shot back as the ice pellets became heavier and larger.  A particularly large chunk of ice beaned him right in the head and he reeled for a bit before coming to his senses. "It's n-not safe...!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2947 on: March 28, 2015, 11:08:40 PM
"Alright--common." Aya helps the Professor get below deck and find a safe place to hold down.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2948 on: March 28, 2015, 11:11:13 PM
"The autopilot won't minimize the damage... Although I guess we're in trouble in that regard any-" Fxeni said as he was smacked above the eye with a large hailstone. He shook his head and activated the autopilot.

"Down we go," Fxeni said as he headed towards the entrance down, rubbing the spot that was hit.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2949 on: March 28, 2015, 11:15:38 PM
Calien and Sakura saw Fxeni, Aya, and the Prof come down noticing that the Prof and Fxeni started to show signs of bruising from where they were hit by chunks of hail.

"Yeah.....this is definitely not a normal storm." Calien shook his head.