Least favourite RM

Blackhook · 11182

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
on: January 04, 2009, 06:28:19 PM
 Discuss about who is your least fav. RM in  MM games and break their fans hearts (if they have any).
MM1: Cutman (don´t kill me) - when I first saw him all I though was: Meh, I guy with a scissor on his head...that´s all what cutman is...
MM2: Though one, I feel for all of them a bit, but least for BubbleMan, sorry Bubbleman
MM3: Hardman, He is waaay too cheap, he freezes you even if you are in mid air, his freaking hands follow you more than Magnetman´s missiles and his name is disturbing.
MM4: Brightman, he looks stupid, his fighting style is cheap....and he looks stupid, his weapon makes Pharaohman look weak and that´s unforgivable
mm5: Waveman, I haven´t really noticed him during the boss fight
MM6: Windman, Great stage, great music, but he is an Airman wannabe
MM7: Burstman,  the same as with Waveman
MM8: Handsomeman...I mean aquaman, nice tricks bro, but I still don´t like you
MMnB: Dynamoman, If I can´t have an E-can then whay should YOU have one?!
MM9: Magmaman, Needleman tried a comeback...and failed
MMV: Venus, nice try Toadman, but this spot should be filled with a female RM

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 11:35:52 PM
MM1: I can't complain about anyone. Timeman and Oilman could have been better, though.
MM2: Flashman was lacking in a few departments. yes, his stage and music are [tornado fang]ing awesome. but little else.
MM3: Needleman didn't feel like anything special. he should've been Spikeman and every attack should have killed Mega in one hit.
MM4: i don't like Dustman. i think he looks dumb, and his weapon isn't creative at all.
MM5: Gravityman looks stupid.
MM6: it used to be a three way tie between Flameman, Plantman, and Yamatoman. Yamatoman has been forgiven somewhat thanks to R20 Rock. Plantman is just another shield boss, and Flameman is just offensive.
MM7: Springman, but only because everyone else is just better.
MM8: Aquaman. but i love to hate him.
MM&B: Everything about Dynamoman is terrible.
MM9: probably Plugman.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline itoshinojjp

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 11:49:47 PM
MM1 - If we're talking about the original, then I would say I like them all, but we are talking about MMPU's version, then Oil Man
MM2 - I actually never liked Air Man all that much.
MM3 - Hard Man... the innuendo alone is enough to hate him.
MM4 - it's a tie between Toad Man and Bright Man... they both just dont do it for me as a robot master.
MM5 - Charge Man... most annoying robot master ever.
MM6 - Knight Man ... may look cool, but what is the point of a RM that 75% of his attacks consist of jumping?
MM7 - Spring Man... each time I see him, I think of the slinky song.
MM8 - Clown Man... when I first saw him, I kind of just stared at my screen for a good 10 seconds.. muttered "okay" then went about my business.
MM9 - Jewel Man... should hook it up with Hard Man :)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:57:54 PM
MM6 - Knight Man ... may look cool, but what is the point of a RM that 75% of his attacks consist of jumping?

a lot of MM6 bosses are like that.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:33:03 PM
You know what? i think is this my favourite "least thread", can i make least two robot masters :\ because there are lot of them, if i can't make decided 2 robot masters, response me.

Here goes:
MM1 - Bombman :Why? because everybody would say that Bombman was lame design, if you don't believe me, i suggested you should go pixiv, deviantart or etc, even his weapon was totally useless.
       - Oilman :  :\ hmmmmm........ i like NES version better...

MM2 - Woodman : just like Bombman.
       - Airman : i hate his stage so much >_< it's gonna make me heart-attack, no wonder AIRMAN CAN'T DEFEATED :D

MM3 - Hardman : he easy, even Splashwoman hate him because Why?  8D there BEEEEEEEES in his stage.
       - Needleman : i agreed with Satoryu's theory.

MM4 - Nothing

MM5 - Gravityman :the most easiest robot masters battle in my entire life, even 10-years old kid could beat him :D
       - Chargeman :annoying thing boss battle ever >_<

MM6 - Nothing

MM7 - Cloudman : Easy boss, even someone would like using megabuster only.
       - Springman : nothing special, even i can beat him without using special weapon.

MM8 - Swordman : Just like Bombman, i know everyone like his attitude honourable person, but it's kinda easy & disappoint, if he was harder, i would never choose him into this thread.
       - Clownman : i hate clown  ;O; but why everybody hates clown anyway ???

MM&B - Dynamoman : I hate him so much, why he only one who deserve recover-charge, this is so annoying >_<
         - Pirateman : You know what happen he get Splashwoman & plz, think about it.

MM9 - Nothing.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:19 PM
- Airman : i hate his stage so much >_< it's gonna make me heart-attack, no wonder AIRMAN CAN'T DEFEATED :D

this should be in the weaksauce thread, but i have to say it here.

if you can't beat Air Man, you're doing something horribly wrong.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 08:20:15 PM
Honestly though, I found Airman's stage to be kinda... uninspired.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:01 PM
But the Music for it is 2nd to [tornado fang]ing NONE!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:14 PM
MM1- GutsMan- Mostly the Platforms of Doom, and His Fat Ass appearing too much. ( 8D)
MM2-Tough, I would have to say FlashMan.
MM3- SnakeMan, Annoying Clouds, Bouncy Things, and Overall Boring Stage.
MM4- ToadMan, Hes just too easy.
MM5- ChargeMan, if only because he constantly is Walking RIGHT behind me.
MM6- Almost All of them (Not Yamato Man) They are just uninspired and boring.
MM7- Burstman, Thanks for sending me into the spikes.
MM8- The Circus is a place I like to avoid, I really want to avoid Gender-Confused Clowns.
MMNB- DynamoMan, Oh, You healed? Yay! I get to fight you even longer! ::)
MM9- PlugMan, Is Megaman a Magnet when it comes to the Plug balls?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:28:48 AM by RMZX.EXE »

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 12:19:21 AM
Just Clown Man, I hate clowns.

Archer

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 06:21:58 PM
Just Clown Man, I hate clowns.
STFU Clown Man is awesome

...And as for the least favorite one? I dunno... I dislike most of them evenly.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 06:27:51 PM
My list might offend people, heheh.

MM1: Bomb Man, he felt odd compared to the rest.
MM2: Quick Man, other than the iconic lasers of death, there wasn't anything else standing out. His design and attack are good, but his music is definitely not suited for a speed based Robot Master in my opinion.
MM3: Shadow Man for being too overrated and making no sense, what is a ninja doing in this strange place with odd music?
MM4: Even though I think that MM7 has the best wave of Robot Masters, I do dislike 1 of them. But to be honest, I do not dislike anyone in MM4 in the least, not even Toad Man.
MM5: Wave Man, the only one on this list which I have no reason for. I just dislike him very much.
MM6: Knight Man was just a guy with a ball of chain jumping around, executed in a boring matter.
MM7: Slash Man, I dislike his design, his music is also not so memorable as many others.
MM8: Aqua Man is funny, but Clown Man isn't. Funny how Clown Man's role is not usual, having electrifying attacks.
MM&B: Tough to choose. I'd say Cold Man for being way too predictable, but I still like him.
MM9: Magma Man, for being too primitive and too standard, hence nothing stood out.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 06:55:18 PM by Flok »

Flok's favorites:

Offline Successor

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:46 AM
I was really disappointed by a lot of Mega Man 6 dudes.  I think Plant Man takes the cake, even among them.  Retarded design, boring attack, boring stage, boring theme music... I can't really think of anything good about him.  Centaur Man is a stupid idea to me, but at least he has a cool looking stage with a decent theme. Tomahawk Man was pretty lame, but his theme song is nice.  Yamato Man was an overall stupid idea, too.  Needless to say, I'm not the biggest Mega Man 6 fan around  ~w~

Offline PowerArmor

• MSPainting
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Yus!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 12:44:35 AM
Centaur Man is a stupid idea to me,

Blasphemy. BLASPHEMY I SAY!

Offline Successor

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 12:52:09 AM
Well, sorry.  I tried to like him but it just never happened  8)
Well, I can say this.  The battle arena you fight him in, you know, the secret-ish one that looks like a castle, or something?  That place looks cool.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 01:03:43 AM
Can't say Jewel Man because of his weapon, so Aqua Man.

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 12:33:03 PM
MM1:  Bomb man.  I don't hate him, but of the original 6 RMs he's the weakest entry.
MM2:  I'm going to have to agree.  I love Bubbleman's stage but as a boss he was disappointing.
MM3:  Probably Snake Man.  His room is infuriating, making it hard to get a shot off on him, I always break the weapon cycle with him, and his level doesn't really have any unifying theme.  It goes from giant snakes to the sky.  Really giant snakes.  Couldn't do a jungle?  That really felt like it was stretching things.
MM4:  Bright Man.  Toad Man may not be popular but at least I enjoy his stage.  Bright man is nothing but spike death frustration.  There is a good remix of his theme over on ocremix.org though.
MM5:  Charge man.  Love the stage, hate the bot.  STOP FOLLOWING ME AND TURNING INVINCIBLE!
MM6:  Plant Man.  Most of the bots in this game were generic but not something to hate except for him.
MM7:  I really don't hate any of them.  All of them are cool in one way or another.  Either great stage, great bot, or both.  I suppose Junk Man is the most forgettable but he had probably the first useful shield weapon since it followed you and could take multiple hits, plus his sprite was nicely detailed.  I just can't make myself hate anything about MM7 except for that blasted final boss.
MM8:  Astroman.  I hate his level, and I hate the fight.  He does give up one uber weapon though.
MM&B:  Astroman AGAIN.  They succeeded in making him even more annoying, and to top it off he now gives a weaksauce weapon.
MM9:  They're all good bots.  I'd say Jewelman has the worst design, but the designer actually said he wanted the bot to be gaudy, so you can't fault him for succeeding at it.
MMV (GB):  Venus.  I agree.  Yellow Toadman knockoff.  He gives up a nice weapon though.  Own your foes while refilling your life.

AntiBunny

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 02:12:51 PM
MMV (GB):  Venus.  I agree.  Yellow Toadman knockoff.  He gives up a nice weapon though.  Own your foes while refilling your life.
Actualy that is Mercury´s weapon

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 01:47:42 AM
Venus has the bubbles that hit the ceiling.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 02:48:36 AM
Crystal Man. Although it was hard to choose my least favorite, he seemed "expected" (though his stage was well-fitting).
Another is Centaur Man. This guy is awesome, with a nice and original design, but his stage music is boring and way too repetitive!

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 03:58:38 PM
MM1 = IceMan
          Makes me feel like an Eskimo killer. He's far too "cutesy" for a stage so TORTUROUS.

MM2 = FlashMan
          This time, just going with the "Weakest Link." His level kicks ass, though.

MM3 = SparkMan
          Ditto, here. I love MM3 far too much.

MM4 = DrillMan
          Okay, maybe it's not his fault; but I expected his weapon to be much more useful or powerful than it actually was, and his stage was pretty atrocious. He coulda been so much more!

MM5 = CrystalMan
          His attack pattern is more annoying than challenging, and though his weapon design is wicked-cool, it's totally unutilized. I mean, imagine what an uneven ceiling would've done for this fight! (There's really nowhere in other stages where it's helpful, either.)

MM6 = BlizzardMan
          Anybody wearing skis should move MUCH more than this snowman does. Seriously, he should just be "SnowMan," for all the fast-action he's known for. I associate both skiing -and- blizzards with fast motion, maybe it's just me, though. (Now, associate him with FrostMan's level, and we're talking.)

MM7 = JunkMan
          JunkMan? Are you serious?! In a lineup with FreezeMan and CloudMan, ShadeMan and SlashMan comes this? At least his stage makes it work, though. Ironically, *this* fight is what I expected from DustMan.

MM8 = AquaMan
          Okay, his mid-stage boss is fun, I'll give you that. His stage makes good use of a few weapons, too. (I love the "Astro Crush the weak chamber" part, and how it plays on Super Metroid!) But the boss battle itself? Seriously, how did this guy get to the second four masters, where Frost and Grenade are in the first batch? Really.

MM9 = HornetMan
          Sorry. Mister Horny just doesn't do it for me. Level's a bit of a sting, too.

MMV = Neptune
          BOH-ring. Weapon is way too slow/valueless, too. It's like "CrystalMan" done WRONG.  >_<

MM&B = You know what? I'm torn here. They're all badass. But if I have to go with one...

[spoiler] AstroMan
          His stage was ABSURDLY annoying. His "miniboss" rooms were so basic, they make MM1 look smart. And MM8 had more bosses they could've revived besides this. GrenadeMan would make a -perfect- logical answer to DynamoMan, for instance. SwordMan would've been cool to see, too. Or even the Saturn remake of WoodMan! (In MM8, at least he had a fun stage to justify his presence in.)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:00:52 PM by BaconMan »

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 06:16:46 PM
Hm....If I think about it, I can only complain about the Megaman 6 Bosses and their stages, with the exception of Flame Man and Centaur Man. They are awesome Robot Masters.
Megaman 9´s Magma Man was boring because his attack pattern is way to easy. He could have atleastas addition a eruption attack, since his head is formed like a vulcano.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 11:34:10 PM
BaconMan's post confused me because the images aren't showing up.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 05:42:10 AM

yeah, just naming them would've been fine.

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 01:13:52 PM

What Bag of Magic Food said.