Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5550 on: December 09, 2013, 09:43:22 AM
Keeping Earthquake for POWAAAAAH UN-LIMIT-TED POOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHH

I'll start searching my box for levitating partners, or just pair him with my Transport slaves (if it can learn Fly, it's on my team).

On an odd note... Mewtwo can learn Aerial Ace.  I almost want to teach it to him for the lulz.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5551 on: December 09, 2013, 09:45:43 AM
Malamar can too. As does Aegislash. :P

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5552 on: December 09, 2013, 09:51:31 AM
Malamar will totally learn Aerial Ace.  I'm pretty happy with Mewtwo's current move setup right now, anyway.  He has a nice type spread.  Got him using Earthquake, Psystrike, Return, and Shadow Ball.

Runaway is doing damage with Energy Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, and Charge Beam.  He's doubly fabulous~

Still working on Susan's moveset, but he has a ways to go.  I want to keep Heal Pulse around, in case I have to fish something out of a horde battle, particularly a Zangoose or something.  I may teach him False Swipe, that way he can be used for capture purposes.  Pierce is leveled, and he needs his moves changed around anyway.  False Swipe will be the first to go.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5553 on: December 09, 2013, 09:56:26 AM
Susan's Trap-Gardevoir right? If so, False Swipe is unreachable.

As for Heal Pulse... Healing hordes? D:

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5554 on: December 09, 2013, 10:00:18 AM
Bah, looks like Pierce will keep it a while longer until I find a suitable replacement.

As for hordes, I want it in case I encounter one of those weird hordes, with a bunch of Zangoose and a random Seviper mixed in, or Durants and a Heatmor.  Apparently, the other Pokemon will attack the lone stranger, so I want to heal it so I can fish it out of the horde.

Currently, though, I'm looking for Trevenant hordes with a Sudowoodo mixed in.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5555 on: December 09, 2013, 10:14:02 AM
Oh, for that purpose. Ok, true for for Zangoose/Seviper, and Heatmor/Durant. I think the Sudowoodo is safe amongst the ghost trees... I think.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5556 on: December 09, 2013, 10:16:03 AM
Yeah, I'm not concerned about the Sudowoodo.  But, just in case, I'll have Heal Pulse.  Need to level Susan some more, though, so he can actually take on such a horde and stand being pecked at by lower-levels with a type advantage.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #5557 on: December 09, 2013, 06:30:16 PM
3. Why save AFTER using the power? Of course it will not be replenished. If you save BEFORE using, then use, then reset, the charge will be as it is when you saved.

But the O-Powers you used will be recorded in the game regardless? So I used it AFTER I save, soft rest, and use it again and the count is 2 instead of 1 towards O-Power usage?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5558 on: December 09, 2013, 06:54:46 PM
That's irrelevant since if you save AFTER using the power, the charge will REMAIN AS IT WAS

doing the whole SAVE - RESET - REUSE is the same exact thing as USE - REUSE

the level of charge remaining after BOTH PROCESSES will be EXACTLY THE SAME

therefore your little method to save and reload is pointless

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5559 on: December 09, 2013, 06:57:22 PM
That's irrelevant since if you save AFTER using the power, the charge will REMAIN AS IT WAS

doing the whole SAVE - RESET - REUSE is the same exact thing as USE - REUSE

the level of charge remaining after BOTH PROCESSES will be EXACTLY THE SAME

therefore your little method to save and reload is pointless

I thought so... -_-

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5560 on: December 09, 2013, 07:05:49 PM
I really only just repeated what Wily said... not sure why I had to do that since he already explained it.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5561 on: December 09, 2013, 07:07:27 PM
I really only just repeated what Wily said... not sure why I had to do that since he already explained it.

I though he said you can continue to raise the O-Power level by saving before using it and then soft reset to repeat the process. o~O

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5562 on: December 09, 2013, 07:09:06 PM
He said what I said.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5563 on: December 09, 2013, 07:25:45 PM
He said what I said.

Huh? But I thought you said that it's redundant and that the O-Power would reset if I simply save before using it and then soft reset so it won't raise as well. Use it before saving, O-Power 1 Point, then soft rest -> lose the point and goes back to 0 points added to one of the powers when you load the save file so instead of 29 times you need to get LV3 it's still 30 times you need to use the O-Power. Isn't that what you said?

Did I misunderstood something???

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5564 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:03 PM
You misunderstand everything.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5565 on: December 09, 2013, 11:14:27 PM
I'll try to explain it.

So, you have a fully-charged O-power that you want to use, let's say it's Hatching Power.  You have this nice Hatching Power sitting there, just got it, it's new and sparkly and fully-charged.  But, you have a backlog of eggs to hatch.  "Well," you say in my voice because I don't know what you sound like, "I'll just use the Hatching Power and then save-scum to recharge it!"

So, you go to use the Hatching Power.  "But wait," you say, "If I use it now, then save, it won't recharge with save-scumming!"

Then, you have an idea.

"I know!  I'll save right now, BEFORE I do anything!"

You save the game, then you select the Hatching Power.  You go for a bike ride for three minutes.  The Hatching Power wears off.

"Now, I'll soft-reset without saving."

You close the game, then open it again. 

"I should see if my Hatching Power is charged, yet..."

So, you go and look at it.  Lo and behold, it is fully-charged because you had saved BEFORE you even touched it!  Granted, that egg you just hatched before closing the game will need to be hatched again, but hey!  You can still level up your Hatching Power by save-scumming like this!  Thus, all is right in the world.

Happily, you spend the next hour and a half repeating the process twenty-nine more times.

"Awesome!  It leveled up!  And all I had to do was save-scum!"

You decide to hatch an egg or two, then do another save-scum session like the first one once the Hatching Power charges up.  At this rate, you'll have a fully-leveled Hatching Power in about a day!  Awesome!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5566 on: December 09, 2013, 11:23:18 PM
The only thing that I don't really understand is how it retains how many uses of the O-Power you've garnered if you reset after using it.

I'm guessing that saves automatically or something.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5567 on: December 09, 2013, 11:25:46 PM
That's my guess, along with how it automatically saves trades, even if you had to reset for some reason after the trade and before you could save.  Not sure if that auto-save applies to eggs, though.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5568 on: December 10, 2013, 04:31:07 AM
OK, I just saved after using my O-Powers and soft reset the game. My O-Powers do NOT restore and it's back to 0 points to use. You might've been able to do that in Black and White, but here not so much.

Okay. It was just an assumption on my part that it would reset. Cause I have saved my game and exited with less than full O power before. I never turned my game back on immediately, but when I did eventually resume my game, I did have full O Power. So maybe it always has to recharge in real time?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5569 on: December 10, 2013, 04:41:36 AM
I know for a fact that if you put it to sleep mode by closing the 3DS, any O-Powers that you have activated are suspended, and will only resume countdown when you open the 3DS again. However, even in sleep mode, the O-Power points continue to recharge in real-time.

For example.
You activated Hatching Power lvl3, and then immediately close the 3DS. Assuming your recharge rate is 4, after 6 minutes in real-time, when you open your 3DS again, your O-Power points have fully recharged, but your Hatching Power lvl3 still is counting down from 3 minutes.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5570 on: December 10, 2013, 04:47:23 AM
I'll try to explain it.

So, you have a fully-charged O-power that you want to use, let's say it's Hatching Power.  You have this nice Hatching Power sitting there, just got it, it's new and sparkly and fully-charged.  But, you have a backlog of eggs to hatch.  "Well," you say in my voice because I don't know what you sound like, "I'll just use the Hatching Power and then save-scum to recharge it!"

So, you go to use the Hatching Power.  "But wait," you say, "If I use it now, then save, it won't recharge with save-scumming!"

Then, you have an idea.

"I know!  I'll save right now, BEFORE I do anything!"

You save the game, then you select the Hatching Power.  You go for a bike ride for three minutes.  The Hatching Power wears off.

"Now, I'll soft-reset without saving."

You close the game, then open it again. 

"I should see if my Hatching Power is charged, yet..."

So, you go and look at it.  Lo and behold, it is fully-charged because you had saved BEFORE you even touched it!  Granted, that egg you just hatched before closing the game will need to be hatched again, but hey!  You can still level up your Hatching Power by save-scumming like this!  Thus, all is right in the world.

Happily, you spend the next hour and a half repeating the process twenty-nine more times.

"Awesome!  It leveled up!  And all I had to do was save-scum!"

You decide to hatch an egg or two, then do another save-scum session like the first one once the Hatching Power charges up.  At this rate, you'll have a fully-leveled Hatching Power in about a day!  Awesome!

That's more clearly, thanks! I understand now.
So I simply have to wait until the O-Powers are done being used then soft reset otherwise it wouldn't work?

And to Mirby, you mentioned it was "pointless" about the saves so I assumed that the O-Powers would remain the same no matter what if I save before or after and would be better to use the O-Power normally. That's what I thought you meant.

I know for a fact that if you put it to sleep mode by closing the 3DS, any O-Powers that you have activated are suspended, and will only resume countdown when you open the 3DS again. However, even in sleep mode, the O-Power points continue to recharge in real-time.

For example.
You activated Hatching Power lvl3, and then immediately close the 3DS. Assuming your recharge rate is 4, after 6 minutes in real-time, when you open your 3DS again, your O-Power points have fully recharged, but your Hatching Power lvl3 still is counting down from 3 minutes.

That is a rather handy feature. ^_^

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5571 on: December 10, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
Randomly, of the Elite Four, Drasna is my favorite.  She's fun, like Wulfric.  Those two would go great together.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5572 on: December 10, 2013, 10:02:41 AM
You can't post screenshots from this on the Miiverse :C

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5573 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:15 AM
D:

Why, what did you want to post?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5574 on: December 10, 2013, 10:10:44 AM
My team :C