Where can I download the serscan.sys driver file?

VirusChris · 6763

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
on: June 16, 2012, 12:48:42 AM
Hello, sorry for asking such a question, but I'm in dire need of assistance! I've posted this question on Yahoo! Answers but it got deleted... and no one answered my question during that time.

I've bought a new Printer, a HP Photosmart Printer, but I can't use it as I'm strangely missing a certain file for it to use my Printer... which is ridiculous. -_-
I don't have my Windows XP Installation CD for my Laptop, because for some reason I believe I wasn't given it when my dad ordered my Laptop, and so I cannot retrieve it for my Laptop. Also it's a SP1, I don't upgrade to SP2/3 because for some reason my Icons or Desktop gets enlarged and such making it everything bigger for some reason and I stick to SP1 because I know everything works right.

But let's get back on topic, I need this "serscan.sys" driver file to completely install my Printer to my Laptop to finally have a Printer again and use it. I can't scan or print right now, which is troubling... my grandfather spent nearly $200 on this Printer with the Ink and wire and I can't use because of this.

Can someone help me? Where can I get this file elsewhere?
I just need this one little file to use my Printer!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 01:50:12 AM
Have you tried just googling it and seeing what that gives you?

Also, have you tried going to the printer website and downloading drivers?

Other than that i really dunno :P

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:16:16 AM
Go to HP's website and look through their drivers and find it that way.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:30:08 PM
Go to HP's website and look through their drivers and find it that way.

Unfortunately the HP's website doesn't have the serscan.sys driver file, as it's part of the XP/Vista Installion CD which I don't have for some reason (Dell didn't ship the disk with my laptop I believe).

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01750112&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

This is the link that tells me how to resolve this printer problem I have, but I can't do it as I don't have the disk for serscan.sys file. Not only is that the problem, but for some darn reason the USB cable won't install even though I added the install the driver from the website AND have the USB cable connect to my laptop... the program asks to install the USB Cable to continue which is weird and annoying.

^This is what I'm getting when hooking up the Printer, even wireless as well! Luckily I can still print when connected (USB-only, which works weirdly enough) but not wireless AND I'm unable to scan any pictures into my laptop or Desktop... which is a problem as I do that sometimes.

Any other way?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 03:28:33 AM
It may be that the serscan.sys file was included in a Service Pack upgrade.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:17:30 PM
It may be that the serscan.sys file was included in a Service Pack upgrade.

My laptop is using SP1, I can't switch to SP2 or so without it causing major problems to my laptop as in the enlarged desktop icons and the removal of some of my programs.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
My laptop is using SP1, I can't switch to SP2 or so without it causing major problems to my laptop as in the enlarged desktop icons and the removal of some of my programs.
You do realize you can fix all that [parasitic bomb] by tweaking Windows settings, right? Right?
Seriously, just google it. It's not so hard.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 09:14:15 PM
You do realize you can fix all that [parasitic bomb] by tweaking Windows settings, right? Right?
Seriously, just google it. It's not so hard.

Figured out about the Desktop sizes recently, but that was rant from before that problem. I've typed in Google, but it doesn't seem to yield the answer I need to fix this problem, regarding program removal.