Digimon World Re:Digitize

VirusChris · 1871

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
on: July 23, 2011, 09:31:00 PM
Since there was no topic about this yet, Digimon World Re:Digitize is a new entry to the Digimon World series for the PSP. The story follows a 14-year old boy who travels through both the Real World and Digital World, and after an incident while riding his moped in the city he finds himself in the Digital World.

Lead Designer/Artist is Suzuhito Yasuda creating the characters of the world, who also has worked on Durarara!! and the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor series.

Re:Digitize will be "returning to the starting point", and Namco Bandai has mention since Digimon World 1 is still praised as the best of the series, and will "inherit certain systems" from the original Digimon World game. The game is being developed by Tri-Crescendo, who has developed Eternal Sonata and Fragile Dreams: Farewell of the Moon.

Here are the news articles:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/18/devil-survivor-and-durarara-artist-tied-to-new-psp-digimon-game/
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/20/digimon-world-redigitize-goes-back-to-the-series-starting-point/
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/22/whos-developing-digimon-world-redigitize/

Judging by the screenshots, the Protagonist will have only have one Digimon partner just like DW1 and explore a city "just like File City from DW1" and areas like forests and swamps. Since GeoGreymon is in the game it is possible Digimon from up to Digimon Season 5 and latest release Digimon games will be in the game.

Digimon World Re:Digitize is will out for the PSP next year. No word on a US release as of yet.

How was that? I'm normally do write these kind of news bit and I'm not sure if I did a good job. It did get the point across, right?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:18:45 PM
My first initial reaction is seeing the protagonist is that I'm gonna get more of a Shin Megami Tensei vibe rather than the traditional style I've gotten used to over the years in gaming (Dispoportioned females a-go!).

The digimon's artwork themselves remind me of the TCG artwork back in the early days of Digimon, and do quite conflict with the game's art direction. Agumon's arms are huge compared to how he's portrayed in the past few years.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:08:36 PM
I believe it's just a placeholder to showcase what the game's going to look like before the final version.

It looks great for a PSP game, but I could care less about graphics. A new Digimon World game that plays like the first and original Digimon World game, I so want! I do hope it gets a localized version because I loved the original DW game and it's been a while since we got any new Digimon World games.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3