Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 344989

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #475 on: December 23, 2009, 03:53:42 PM
When Ganon only does like half a heart damage per hit, it gives you no incentive to actually take him seriously.  There was nothing wrong with Twilight Princess that having enemies capable of actually inflicting harm wouldn't have solved.

...Well... except the Oocca.  [tornado fang]ing things are still creepy.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #476 on: December 24, 2009, 04:35:08 PM
I think anyone who works on a great thing always envisions something that could have made it better.  And the more complicated games get, the more fronts there are to improve.  Just hope that such artists/designers don't get too obsessed with such perceived shortcomings (case in point: Inafune's attitude towards MM3).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #477 on: December 24, 2009, 09:45:27 PM
I just got to the last part of the game in Spirit Tracks, and HOLY [parasitic bomb] I [tornado fang]ing LOVE IT!

[spoiler]It's like I'm playing Pacman with a train that goes at the [tornado fang]ing speed of light XD[/spoiler]

So awesome...

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #478 on: December 25, 2009, 01:47:49 AM
Nintendo, if you read this topic, I want Aquamentus and Gleeok back.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #479 on: December 25, 2009, 02:02:01 AM
Nintendo, if you read this topic, I want Aquamentus and Gleeok back.

I wholeheartedly [tornado fang]ing agree!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #480 on: December 25, 2009, 03:25:29 AM
I just finished Spirit Tracks a while ago. Honestly, I started it not expecting much, but I ended being VERY pleasantly surprised. My opinion:
-It is SO much better than Phantom Hourglass, much better music, much better dungeons, much better items, slightly better controls (rolling is now much more comfortable, everything else is pretty much the same), and a central dungeon a million times better than the Temple of the Ocean King.
-Remember the reviewers mentioning that the central dungeon is now one of the game' s strongest points? They weren't kidding, they gave it the best puzzles of the game.
-There is one thing in which arguably PH has ST beat, and that's its method of transportation. The warps are not really that good and it's kinda slow, but IMO the train has a certain charm that makes me unable to hate it. You better learn to like it though, because all the sidequests that open the cool optional places, shortcuts, and warps are transport X item or person from X town to Y town
-For some reason some people hate the flute and can't get it to work properly, which is weird because I had absolutely no problems with it *shrugs*
-The game has one of my favorite ending scenarios this year, [spoiler]the "Pacman" part where you take your revenge on those evil trains >BD, the train fight with the Ganon train, the fight with Maladus, the duet with Zelda, and then the final battle together with Zelda against a Maladus that resembles a light blue Ganon...WITH A MUSTACHE[/spoiler]
-Honestly, I feel this is the first Zelda game in which the Link-Zelda relationship feels like something more than friends or rescuer and damsel in distress.

In my opinion, this game deserves that you at least give it a chance.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #481 on: December 25, 2009, 03:30:25 AM
Okay then, I'm sold.  8)

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: December 25, 2009, 03:35:37 AM
I still haven't beaten ST (even though I got a 3 day head start). My excuse is that I got distracted by Wind Waker. Anyways, I'm just about near the end, and frankly I was disappointed. Really the thing that I like most is its music (the regular town theme is just amazing). I think I've already said this before though, so I'll shut up

Offline Rabid Golf Cart

• Formerly known as Tsuyoshi
  • RPM Explosive Guy
  • Excellent!
    • View Profile
    • It might be tumblin'
Reply #483 on: December 30, 2009, 09:47:25 AM
Hey guys, look what got released:
http://www.zreomusic.com/

It's beautiful ಥ_ಥ

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: December 30, 2009, 04:28:37 PM
Heh, they got so much traffic from that on release that they had to shutdown the site for a bit.

Anyways, I'll agree it's very great, but.. I frankly don't care much for OoT anymore. :/

Offline Lenyo

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #485 on: December 30, 2009, 04:53:26 PM
I see very little discussion of my favorite Zelda game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. However, no one really does know about it anymore. =/ As well as the fact I haven't really looked hard enough through this thread.

The new Zelda game is quite exiting, I just hope it doesn't try to be too gimmicky like Twilight Princess was for the Wii, kinda.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #486 on: December 30, 2009, 05:14:27 PM
I see very little discussion of my favorite Zelda game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. However, no one really does know about it anymore. =/

^w^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: December 30, 2009, 08:33:45 PM
The new Zelda game is quite exiting, I just hope it doesn't try to be too gimmicky like Twilight Princess was for the Wii, kinda.

You mean how they delayed the game for an entire year to port it to the Wii as a launch title, and the only things they added were waggle, BLOOM!, and a flipped world map?  Yeah.  I would rather have played the game a year sooner, myself.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: December 30, 2009, 08:43:58 PM
You mean how they delayed the game for an entire year to port it to the Wii as a launch title, and the only things they added were waggle, BLOOM!, and a flipped world map?  Yeah.  I would rather have played the game a year sooner, myself.

+1. Then again, reading between the lines, the Wii controls and the mirrored map are the only things that were worked on during TP's last year of development.

As for Zelda Wii, they've had almost 4 years worth of time to see what works and what doesn't. I don't think they would have listened to the exceptional amount of backlash against TP and twiddled their thumbs in that amount of time. XD

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #489 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:07 PM
You mean how they delayed the game for an entire year to port it to the Wii as a launch title, and the only things they added were waggle, BLOOM!, and a flipped everything?  Yeah.  I would rather have played the game a year sooner, myself.
you made a typo, i fixd it.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: December 30, 2009, 09:16:38 PM
Wii version's better.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #491 on: December 30, 2009, 09:46:57 PM
+1. Then again, reading between the lines, the Wii controls and the mirrored map are the only things that were worked on during TP's last year of development.
Surely the opposite seems much more likely? It was such a wonderfully polished game, after all. Just easy as [acid burst].
I see very little discussion of my favorite Zelda game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
Not much to say about it I guess, other than it being awesome and they should make another like it.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #492 on: December 30, 2009, 09:55:35 PM
Surely the opposite seems much more likely? It was such a wonderfully polished game, after all. Just easy as [acid burst].

Oh no, I actually remember reading it somewhere during that year that all of the work done that year was actually to better fit the controls and world. I really wish if I could find that article. Everything else had been finished from quite some time before.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: December 30, 2009, 09:58:13 PM
Did they really need a year to flip the game? Couldn't they have just flipped Link instead too? -___-

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #494 on: December 30, 2009, 10:08:43 PM
It was apparently something psychological, like people always head for the room on their left where their sword arm points or whatever. But it wouldn't take a year to just flip everything... must've been a lot of associated issues. Are the monsters also mirrored?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #495 on: December 30, 2009, 10:51:32 PM
Considering that EVERYTHING is flipped to the point of creating inconcistencies with the official art itself (see Midna), I'd say yes.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #496 on: December 30, 2009, 11:48:18 PM
Oh no, I actually remember reading it somewhere during that year that all of the work done that year was actually to better fit the controls and world. I really wish if I could find that article. Everything else had been finished from quite some time before.
Bear in mind there was a time when Zelda demos had you sword swinging with the B button.  So, no, they did not spend an entire year adding waggle.  If they had spent a year on that, it probably would have occurred to somebody that thrusting should not involve the analogue stick.

Wii version's better.
Truth, backwards Midna and all.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #497 on: December 31, 2009, 02:23:17 AM
False, considering it's just a Gamecube game with tacked on Wii controls.

The Other Side

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #498 on: December 31, 2009, 02:27:27 AM
And four item slots.  Enjoy your two.

Motion control means a lot when you're giving someone a shield to the face (Helm Splitter kicks so much ass 8B ).

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #499 on: December 31, 2009, 02:30:52 AM
Does it really matter whether or not the Wii versions better? Frankly it doesn't make TP overall a better game.