[sonic slicer] about Sonic

Acid · 221160

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1325 on: September 20, 2017, 12:49:26 AM
Sonic Boom Amy is the best incarnation of Amy The Hedgehog, period.

Sticks even though she was a new cast, was like-able with her conspiracy theory antics but she probably wouldn't fit well in the main Sonic games.

I have no idea how they turned Knuckle into a meat headed pea brain in Boom but somehow it works.

I see more with how Sonic and Tails relationship went in Boom more than I see in the games. Tails even said "He's my best friend but living with him is a nightmare.", I can kinda relate lol.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1326 on: September 20, 2017, 01:27:52 AM
Knuckles repeatedly gets duped by Eggman. Even though he knows he's been duped in the past. It makes sense that he's more of a meathead in Boom honestly lol

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1327 on: September 20, 2017, 02:31:01 AM
Well in Knuckles' defense he lived on Angel Island all alone for how many years? Eggman was the first outsider he's met so how was he suppose to know if he's good or bad? Plus can be a convincing actor at times.

Not only that I think Knuckles' gullible nature stems from the fact he's naive as well as his willingness to give folks a second chance. I would say he's got some street smarts on him, but I don't expect him to be an expert with science and technology that much. In a way a country guy.

He lives in the forest and woods so he's got some agriculture knowledge too. He's not dumb, he's just naive, hot-headed, and a forgiven guy too much at times. I mean in Sonic Adventure, he didn't initial believe Eggman when he told him Sonic was going after the Master Emerald but when he saw Sonic hold a Chaos Emerald in his hand and from Knuckles' PoV looked like a shard of the Master Emerald it's a little wonder Knuckles thought otherwise.

Then again he's quick temper does get him into trouble.

And speaking of Boom Amy, it's on and off with me. Most of the time I do like her new personality, but it becomes obnoxious at times as well. I wonder if Main Series Amy would be better if she's more restrain on her feelings for Sonic and has history smart like Boom Amy? Would be nice to see Amy mature like that a bit.

Also, how would Sticks be like in the main series Sonic games? There was that comic crossover where Sticks met the Main Universe Sonic gang and seemed to fit in with the craziness of the situation.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1328 on: September 20, 2017, 03:16:45 AM
Oh I don't blame him for being duped the first time. The second time a bit. But the third time and beyond... yeah no reason Knuckles should've kept being duped lol

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1329 on: September 20, 2017, 03:21:37 AM
I like Knuckles characterization in Adventure 2 where besides Tails he's the smart guy and Sonic keeps screwing with him.  XD

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1330 on: September 20, 2017, 03:22:41 AM
Which is kinda funny in Sonic X where Dr. Eggman is telling the truth about something (I forgot) and everyone glares at Knuckles and says don't you dare say anything and Knuckles looked confused as he didn't say anything nor believes Eggman that time, but Sonic says "I trust him" (cause Eggman is telling the truth and Sonic knows it as he knows his arch-enemy well) and everyone is so confused and going "WHAT?!".

Poor Knuckles never catches a break. Though I think Knuckles has wised up a bit, I know in the Archive Comics Knuckles is quite tactical smart and I hope to see a bit of that in Forces.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1331 on: September 20, 2017, 03:30:50 AM
Yeah but I think Knuckles just goes with it at this point. And yeah, Knuckles is good at fighting, so while he's a bit of a meathead in Boom I think that tactical mind remains a bit since it involves hitting things.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1332 on: September 20, 2017, 07:08:55 PM
Well found an interview with Sonic Team on the thoughts of Sonic Adventure 3:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/9/19/16333174/sonic-adventure-3-will-never-happen

Which may not happened unless it can evolve and advanced the idea of a Sonic games, which honestly kinda seems hypocritical to me. Interesting fans have been asking for a true Sonic Adventure 3 game for years and it's the most highly request Sonic game they want to see next.

I do love the Sonic Adventure games and I would love them to polish and refine the Adventure formula so it can be the best in the Adventure titles in terms of gameplay. I honestly wanted that back for years. I like the boost style a bit, like in Sonic Rush, but I want to see a return to it even just once and if SA3 would be the final Adventure title game.

Well that, and... please bring Chao Garden back! I love that little game mode! Better heck, make a spin-off game featuring them! I would buy it. I love monster/critter raising games like Monster Rancher, Pokemon, and Digimon.

We got Sonia Mania which was a return to classic, and I loved it a 8 out of 10 for it and being the second favorite 2D Sonic game, though I wished it burrowed the transformation ability from Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (that was one of the best parts of the game).

Maybe we'll SA3 one day in the future.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1333 on: September 21, 2017, 01:36:58 AM
Yeah the Chaos were great. I miss those guys.

Except Omochao, Omochao can go explode over Lava Reef Zone for all I care.

Also I feel like we don't really need an Adventure 3.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1334 on: September 21, 2017, 02:21:59 AM
I don't necessarily want another Adventure game but I would like a 3D Sonic that allows you to play as characters other than Sonic, and the levels are built around them as well as bringing back the Chao Garden and expand it further but optimize the stat gaining.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1335 on: September 21, 2017, 03:19:26 AM

I dont even play Adventure games, but Omochao's continues guide pisses me off with how it always breaks the atmosphere immersion of the stage for me, let me figure out how i play my game on my own without you flying on the screen and start babbling.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1336 on: September 21, 2017, 10:54:47 PM
That level design looks horrible in the Shadow trailer holy [parasitic bomb].

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1337 on: September 21, 2017, 11:47:10 PM
it's a work in progress ^^;

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1338 on: September 22, 2017, 12:53:21 AM

You should look up the cutscenes for the Lego Dimensions Sonic Content, Omochao returns... much to the chagrin of everybody around him.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1339 on: September 22, 2017, 01:23:00 AM
Lego Dimensions Sonic content is great.

I mean they even recreated that exchange between Bart and Sonic from that Bonestorm episode lol

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1340 on: September 22, 2017, 05:22:06 AM
it's a work in progress ^^;
that's a terrible excuse.

They literally copypaste an entire segment.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1341 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:29 AM
But it is a valid excuse. The final version isn't out yet. There are plenty of trailers that show in-game footage that has changed in the final product. This could very easily be the same case.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1342 on: September 22, 2017, 04:30:48 PM
No. Let's be real here. How much is it really going to change before release? A few textures or effects, a few bugs ironed out maybe, but entire chunks of level design? Core gameplay segments?

This isn't pre-alpha. The game comes out in like what, 2 months? A month and a half?

What we see here is indicative of what we will see at release. It is representative of the final product. They wouldn't promote it otherwise. Sure, 2 months is plenty to change things, Mega Man Zero changed the X/Copy X plot a month before release, but that's also a much simpler thing to change. It's mostly just a story element that is more easily edited. Gameplay is usually settled long before release, and the only thing that's tweaked up till release is visuals and bugs.

Let's not excuse this just because "oh well it's still a work in progress"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1343 on: September 23, 2017, 01:00:11 AM
Or we could just not, you know, be overly critical of a game that's not even out yet. There's that too.

Anyways, here's the English version of that trailer.
[youtube]! No longer available[/youtube]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1344 on: September 23, 2017, 01:52:53 AM
There's nothing wrong with being critical. They've shown me the game, and how it plays, etc, and I'm going to criticize what I see. Come on now.

That said, unfortunately, I don't like what I see there.

That trailer makes me think though. Since when are there other furry critter characters in the sonic world?

That's something Sonic is never really consistent with is it? Up till recently, pretty much the ONLY time we ever see non-human characters is the main cast and that's it. Rest are usually human.

Find it interesting we've got entire cities/towns of woodland characters.

I still don't like the story or Infinite, I still think they're kind of cringeworthy and the story in particular just seems... Off.

Man this game is really just not doing it for me on ANY level. :\

And that's not just compared to Mania. Just in general.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1345 on: September 23, 2017, 04:20:22 AM
I like the concept of eggman succeeding.

I also am pretty sure the shadow levels are just sonic levels. like episode metal in s4e2.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1346 on: September 23, 2017, 04:31:46 AM

I also am pretty sure the shadow levels are just sonic levels. like episode metal in s4e2.

They also did say there's also an exclusive stage just for Shadow as well.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1347 on: September 23, 2017, 06:10:36 AM
Wasn't that basically the plot of Unleashed?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1348 on: September 23, 2017, 09:38:30 AM
Not really.

He hadn't fully succeeded in that one, he was just *really* close to finishing his plan.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1349 on: September 23, 2017, 09:18:55 PM
No. Let's be real here. How much is it really going to change before release? A few textures or effects, a few bugs ironed out maybe, but entire chunks of level design? Core gameplay segments?

This isn't pre-alpha. The game comes out in like what, 2 months? A month and a half?

What we see here is indicative of what we will see at release. It is representative of the final product. They wouldn't promote it otherwise...

Let's not excuse this just because "oh well it's still a work in progress"

Quote from: Sonic Forces - Episode Shadow Gameplay
A first look at gameplay of Sonic Forces' Episode Shadow add-on! A prequel to the main storyline of Sonic Forces, this add-on content explores Shadow's allegiance, the fate of Team Dark, and the origin of the mysterious villain, Infinite.

Gameplay seen here is work-in-progress, and was captured from the PC version of the game.

'>.>