What character do you find annoying when used by a certain someone? (Brawl)

Ninja Lou · 18277

Poll

What character do you find annoying when used by a certain someone?

Snake/Ninja Lou
4 (16%)
Link/Ninja Lou
1 (4%)
Toon Link/Protoman Blues
3 (12%)
Peach/Protoman Blues
1 (4%)
Zelda/Protoman Blues
0 (0%)
Marth/Jericho
4 (16%)
Lucas/Jericho
1 (4%)
Ganondorf/Jericho
2 (8%)
Yoshi/Hypershell
2 (8%)
Falco/Akamaru
0 (0%)
ZS Samus/Akamaru
1 (4%)
R.O.B/Wanderer
0 (0%)
Zelda/Wanderer
1 (4%)
Ms. Game & Watch/Vixy
3 (12%)
Ike/Vixy
1 (4%)
Sonic/STM
0 (0%)
Wolf/Fexni
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong/Cosake
0 (0%)
Pikachu/Ceil
0 (0%)
Luigi/Sky Chld
0 (0%)
Pikachu/HyperSonic
0 (0%)
Falco/HyperSonic.EXE
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
 During the last two days I have been going at it with PB (as usual) and realized that when he uses certain characters they are more annoying to beat as oppose to someone else using them. Which got me thinking and since basically this forum that can be called a family have been beating the crap out of each other for awhile now in brawl I figure this would be a good question to ask. What character do you find annoying in whose hands?  For example, PB using Yoshi is nowhere as annoying/hard to fight as Hypershell using Yoshi or me using Marth is not as annoying as Jericho using Marth. Also it doesn't have to mean you have to pick someone that is better then you. This is about character/player combination. Let's say for example Vixy chooses Marth/Jericho as her pick, even though (for example again)  Vixy beats Jericho 95% of the time, but the reason why is because just beating him makes her work really hard and by the end of the match she wants to throw her controller at the screen. I am not going to have to poll up for a few days, because frankly I need to get some data. So you need to tell me who is you best character are. Just give me your top 2 and I will post it. I will decide later how many votes each person gets to cast. I am thinking about 3 and try not to vote for yourself. There is no mirror universe and you can't possibly fight yourself to know that. Remember this is who you find difficult/annoying in the game, not who you think is the best or who is the most popular brawler. One last thing, don't get your feelings hurt if you don't get many votes. I know for a fact not all of us have played each other, but I think enough time has gone by for me to do this.

Oh, one more thing (last one I promise). If you can tell me who you use in this format it will make it easier on me.

Snake/Ninja Lou
Link/Ninja Lou

Toon Link/Protoman Blues
Peach/Protoman Blues
Captain Falcon/Protoman Blues

Marth/Jericho
Lucas/Jericho
Ganondorf/Jericho

Yoshi/Hypershell

Falco/Akamaru
ZSS/Akamaru

R.O.B/Wanderer
Zelda/Wanderer

Mr. Game & Watch/Vixy
Ike/Vixy

Sonic/STM

Wolf/Fexni

Diddy Kong/Cosake

Pikachu/Ceil

Luigi/Sky Chld

I will trim it down later, I am noticing some people already have like 3 characters.

Gotta love copy and paste.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:18:53 PM by Ninja Lou »

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Wait, wait, wait, is this thread accusing me of haxxery whenever I win as Marth? XD

Keep in mind, in my Melee days I was destroying tournament level players with no reals tricks to my style. They then went on to say that I "cheat" the game that way. ???

Anyways, I nominate:

Akamaru/Falco
Just because it's impossible to get close enough to do anything to him. Projectile-no-jutsu + Falco's weird cancel momentum moves = RAGE for some like me who needs his movement. Also Green Greens & more importantly "TRY HARDER". I lost it when I saw that taunt.

PB/Peach
I. Just. Can't. Hit. Him. Enough. The part that makes me rage over the internet during a fight is I can lay in great hits (probably even better than his at times), but can't finish for anything. And don't get me started on Peach Bomber and Sudden Death.

Wanderer/R.O.B.
It's bad enough that R.O.B. is just my one problem character to fight, but then you have this demonic woman just [twin slasher] me every time with him.

Vixy/(Ms.)Game & Watch
PB & Lou both know what I'm talking about. Seriously, when you lose a match and your total score is -5 when you did the largest amount of damage to people, there's a problem.

STM/Sonic
Holy. [tornado fang]ing. [parasitic bomb]. Sometimes you gotta thanks lag because I can't imagine not having a migraine if he played Sonic any better than he already does. It's funny, admirable and at the same time anger inducing.

Fxeni/Wolf
It's been a while since the last match I had with him, but Jesus, I will never forget how badly I wanted my Critical Hit to connect with his Wolf, going so far as to charge at him offscreen to make sure he stayed gone.

Lou/Link
I just can't understand how or why it happens, but when playing against his Link, I always feels like an amateur scrambling for a new strategy every five seconds.

Cosake/Diddy Kong
Although he still has much to learn in game, I am not going to lie and say that there weren't some matches where I went WTF at how he did something. Stealing a Smash Ball from me by pre aiming and using the Peanut Popgun the instant my Rising Slash (Marth) connected with it is both awe-inspiring and madness inducing.

Edit - I just realized that I overused the laughing smiley. Reason being that this is all too hilarious to me. XD
Edit #2 - Almost forgot about the two character thing, I'll say Marth/Jericho and for the sake of an interesting mix, Lucas/Jericho.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Yeeeeeh, us Falcos get pretty annoying at times.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
oh now I really has to start playing with people so I can be voted most annoying  >U<

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Yeeeeeh, us Falcos get pretty annoying at times.

Still you're no R.O.B. or Game & Watch. XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Still you're no R.O.B. or Game & Watch. XD

Even better. R.O.B. and Game & Watch are just high priority and close physical contact characters. They have projectiles, but they're not all that good.

Falcos, on the other hand, are good all around. We're even more annoying because you have to watch out for pretty much our entire moveset, not just aerials and some tilts.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
For example, PB using Yoshi is nowhere as annoying/hard to fight as Hypershell using Yoshi
Well, that's satisfying in hear. 8)

My vote goes to Ike/Vixy.  Although I haven't seen Vix's G&W, so I may be playing in blissful ignorance.  But she kicked the ever-loving SH*#! out of me during our custom stage online test.  I ALMOST made a comeback (or at least a Sudden Death round) and she nails me right at the end, leaving a 2 point gap.  So close, yet so far...  Ephidiel playing Marth at the same time didn't help, although he paid for that dearly in the matches to follow.

Also, I'm pretty sure ONE of you guys gives me hell as Ganondorf, but I don't remember who.  And yeah, Lou's Snake is evil.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Although I haven't seen Vix's G&W, so I may be playing in blissful ignorance.

Now you can see/unsee it~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Also, I'm pretty sure ONE of you guys gives me hell as Ganondorf, but I don't remember who.  And yeah, Lou's Snake is evil.

Warlock Panch! 8D

Not necessarily the best of videos, but you get the point.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
I can only say I have trouble trying to attack people like Metaknight and Pit... the flying quick-attackers, especially at seasoned hands who can properly glide and chain combos. This is only true with Sonic, though. As others have seen online, though, I don't only play as Sonic. 8D

!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Pit is so damn awesome. Also, you need to jump back online for one-on-ones again, because I don't think I've experienced the full horrors of your Snake. If it's anything like Lou's though, I don't think there'll be THAT much difficulty... 8D

Don't mind the arrogant theme of this post, I just like being silly every now and then. XD

Also late, but:

Now you can see/unsee it~

Do you know how many times I watched this video in my head wondering how come i didn't double KO you and PB only to just now realize that you were behind me at the last second and PB got hit with a Spiny? XD

The grin on my face right now is ridiculous.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Cosake/Diddy Kong
Although he still has much to learn in game, I am not going to lie and say that there weren't some matches where I went WTF at how he did something. Stealing a Smash Ball from me by pre aiming and using the Peanut Popgun the instant my Rising Slash (Marth) connected with it is both awe-inspiring and madness inducing.

~ 8D~ 8D~ 8D~

Wow, thanks, though I honestly don't remember that happening, although whenever such things happen, I just go for it when such a thing happens.  Although the majority of the time, I don't get annoyed w/ anyone yet since I make my own fair share of mistakes, which I KNOW TO YOU GUYS is lol-inducing! XDD

but I must agree w/ the Jericho/Marth/Lucas combo.  I just keep dying from him, but i'm slowly getting better 8D

oh yeah, and PB/Captain Falcon sure can dwindle me alot...and I mean, alot.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I wanna main Ganondorf or Snake.

:(

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Marth/Jericho

I can't even get a single KO in most of the time..

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

You'll love Ganondorf. Trust me on this. Screw Falcon Punches, real men actually pull off reversed Warlock Punches. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
For example, PB using Yoshi is nowhere as annoying/hard to fight as Hypershell using Yoshi.

LoL, that's a terrible example.  Not because Hypershell isn't annoying/hard to fight when he used Brrrrrrrring Pop!, but mainly because I NEVER use Yoshi!  Your Marth example was better!   ;)

PB/Peach
I. Just. Can't. Hit. Him. Enough. The part that makes me rage over the internet during a fight is I can lay in great hits (probably even better than his at times), but can't finish for anything. And don't get me started on Peach Bomber and Sudden Death.

LaLaLaLa Laa Laa!

What's funny is, I really don't get annoyed fighting anyone other than Lou/Snake, but it's solely for the fact that Snake's priority is [tornado fang]ing insane.  I guess the Jelly/Lucas combo is pretty annoying to fight as well, but I think that's just my own frustration with not being able to use Ness anymore, when I use to be really good with him.  Perhaps the Maru/ZSS thing as well.  Ciel/Pikachu could be fun as well.

Perhaps I just need to play you guys more!

Also, no one mentioned my PB/Zelda combo.  I'll have to be more annoying with her then!   [eyebrow]

You'll love Snake.  Lou could give you some really good pointers on how to use him.  And Jelly could give you some great Ganondorf tricks as well.

You'll love Ganondorf. Trust me on this. Screw Falcon Punches, real men actually pull off reversed Warlock Punches. XD

Falcon Punch is so much more manlier than Warlock Punch. 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Falcon Punch is so much more manlier than Warlock Punch. 

The only reason people say this is because of the legendary video clip. I bet if Ganondorf did it in a Zelda game, it'd fry the system the game was played on and warp Hyrule. XD

[/stupid thoughts]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
The only reason people say this is because of the legendary video clip. I bet if Ganondorf did it in a Zelda game, it'd fry the system the game was played on and warp Hyrule. XD

[/stupid thoughts]

Nonsense.  Perhaps if Ganondorf actually yelled out Warlock PANCH, it'd be better.  Also, you do have to love Ganon's Ass Sword.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Nonsense.  Perhaps if Ganondorf actually yelled out Warlock PANCH, it'd be better.  Also, you do have to love Ganon's Ass Sword.

First off, the wording on this is hilarious. XD

Secondly, that taunt is the biggest cock tease in the history of fan service fighters ever. It's like "oh hai gaiz i could fyte with dis but i won't, lol."

Link please.

Link is given. Also I think you've probably seen this once or twice before.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Link is given. Also I think you've probably seen this once or twice before.

Ah crap, I thought you were talking baout the Warlock Punch.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
This is the "Warlock Panch!" that Jelly talks about.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
because i haven't played anyone online, i can only comment on what i've seen irl.

i have one friend who uses Diddy semifrequently. playing without items, nothing special. but when there's Smash Balls involved, forget it. he always gets them, and that move is a [sonic slicer] to avoid, if that's even possible. whenever this happens, i'm the first to say "Goddammit." at about the third or fourth time, everyone else is saying it too.

another friend is a monster with the Earthbound kids, no matter the situation. he used to be a [tornado fang]ing demon with Meta Knight, but he hasn't been doing to well with him as of late. maybe we're learning to deal with it. which is a miracle; MK's too [tornado fang]ing good.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Ok I updated the List. This is coming along well. =)

because i haven't played anyone online, i can only comment on what i've seen irl.

i have one friend who uses Diddy semifrequently. playing without items, nothing special. but when there's Smash Balls involved, forget it. he always gets them, and that move is a [sonic slicer] to avoid, if that's even possible. whenever this happens, i'm the first to say "Goddammit." at about the third or fourth time, everyone else is saying it too.

another friend is a monster with the Earthbound kids, no matter the situation. he used to be a [tornado fang]ing demon with Meta Knight, but he hasn't been doing to well with him as of late. maybe we're learning to deal with it. which is a miracle; MK's too [tornado fang]ing good.

Dude you live nearby us, get online we might actually have a good connection.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
A god connection? How does that work? XD

...I'm not good enough to be mentioned am I? >_>

My picks:
Jericho/Ganondorf
PB/Captain Falcon

And I haven't been able to play much with you guys lately, so those are all of them for now.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.