Reply #675 on: September 12, 2010, 09:18:07 PM
Comics>Manga

8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: September 12, 2010, 09:30:56 PM
Even then, Although Brotherhood was just as epic as the manga, it did miss 1 or two things.
now, thats all just nit picking, but just to show that Anime adaptations, no matter how good, will always suffer from a LITTLE bit of adaptation decay, no matter how small.

hell, the same could be said for vice versa actually. but that rarely happens anyway.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #677 on: September 12, 2010, 09:37:25 PM

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #678 on: September 12, 2010, 09:59:19 PM
I wish there was a new Shaman King anime

Give me a proper Neuro anime first, then lets get a Shaman King one. Sure SK needs a "Brotherhood" version, but others need it more than SK does.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #679 on: September 12, 2010, 10:01:31 PM
Every anime based on a monthly realeased manga needs one

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: September 12, 2010, 10:56:08 PM
...One more day
For every One More Day there are HUNDREDS of shitty manga out there, with nonsensical dialogue and crappy art.

Manga standards are very low in terms of story, dialogue and art. Look at Tite Kubo. He fills half his pages with black or white and the dude makes each battle last long in a sense that even beats DBZ. And he draws one of the big three. Get me a SINGLE manga with a plot on the level of the best comics around, or heck, any manga story that makes you THINK and racionalize the story for what it is in order to understand concepts of it, and rely on your own intelligence to understand it, other than just spoon-feed you a story you read thousands of times.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #681 on: September 12, 2010, 11:03:18 PM
Allow me to take a moment to BLOW YOUR MINDS:

Quality varies between works, it has nothing to do with if it's manga, anime, movie version or book version.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #682 on: September 12, 2010, 11:05:17 PM
Get me a SINGLE manga with a plot on the level of the best comics around, or heck, any manga story that makes you THINK and racionalize the story for what it is in order to understand concepts of it, and rely on your own intelligence to understand it, other than just spoon-feed you a story you read thousands of times.

Closest thing: Monster

Saw that coming, right?

Also this:
Quality varies between works, it has nothing to do with if it's manga, anime, movie version or book version.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #683 on: September 12, 2010, 11:14:38 PM
Allow me to take a moment to BLOW YOUR MINDS:

Standards are different in different forms of culture though.

Books normally have higher standards of narrative. Manga have pretty much the lowest.

Anime movies do have amazing standards sometimes.

Closest thing: Monster

Saw that coming, right?

Also this:
Only saw a bit of the anime. Didn't seem that amazing to me. What's the concept and what's it about?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #684 on: September 12, 2010, 11:17:40 PM
Didn't seem that amazing to me. What's the concept and what's it about?

Long story short: Humans are dicks. Humans are always dicks. Even when they're trying to be nice.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #685 on: September 13, 2010, 12:57:45 AM
Read the manga in my rotator. Shits awesome. Its a real odd manga, but it works. Then again, Mangas that do not rely so much on these huge story arcs, often get the job done better than the ones that do- because you can get a decent story, in 1-2 chapters. sometimes 3. Then when they DO come at you with a story arc, its really good.

GS Mikai handled that real well.

Eat-Man does too.

Also,
Standards are different in different forms of culture though.

Thats the thing though. manga is very fundamentally different than Comic books, in the way stories are told in them. especially since manga tends to take a more episodic "chapter" approach than Comics do. but maybe thats just me.

also this.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: September 13, 2010, 02:11:59 AM
Also,Thats the thing though. manga is very fundamentally different than Comic books, in the way stories are told in them. especially since manga tends to take a more episodic "chapter" approach than Comics do. but maybe thats just me.
Manga takes more episodic "chapter" approaches? You don't really know in what format comics are usually sold, do you?

Long story short: Humans are dicks. Humans are always dicks. Even when they're trying to be nice.
Doesn't sound very complicated. But I guess I'll try it. I should read before criticizing.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #687 on: September 13, 2010, 02:46:32 AM
I havent read comics in a while, have mercy.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: September 13, 2010, 03:10:12 AM
I havent read comics in a while, have mercy.
What HAVE you read?

>my face when I turn every topic into comics because of my addiction 8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #689 on: September 13, 2010, 03:25:29 AM
lol.

Last I read was Blackest Night, and even then, in fragmented Torrents 'n [parasitic bomb]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #690 on: September 13, 2010, 03:29:41 AM
That's a Crossover Event, not a standardized comic arc. Because those do happen in chapters.

Heck, manga happens like that too. Get to any long battle, it'll last for ages and ages. Comics make events last, but battles, not so much. And event comics are numbered from the beginning, you can see where it ends right away. Manga makes stuff last waaaaaaay longer than usual many times due to more and more filler.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: September 13, 2010, 06:06:25 AM
That's a Crossover Event, not a standardized comic arc. Because those do happen in chapters.

Heck, manga happens like that too. Get to any long battle, it'll last for ages and ages. Comics make events last, but battles, not so much. And event comics are numbered from the beginning, you can see where it ends right away. Manga makes stuff last waaaaaaay longer than usual many times due to more and more filler.

Must be some uber long mangas/comics that you read.

Aresian

Reply #692 on: September 13, 2010, 10:17:48 AM
I've seen one truly honest matter-of-fact post in this topic since I've been gone working on my own forum.

I'm sad. Also saddened by how this topic has become a circle jerk of Manga vs Comic. BUT THAT'S MY FAULT ISN'T IT NOW?!

Anyways. It's really relative. Comics and Manga have different styles, NEITHER BEING BETTER THAN THE OTHER.

Too [tornado fang]ing subjective. Too [tornado fang]ing different. Too [tornado fang]ing I-don't-give-a-hoot.

Anime and Manga are at least comparable.

DAMN. Anyways, off-topic now. Let us fix this. Was Judgment any good at all?

NOTE: Also, for fucks sake, Elfen Lied and Higurashi come to mind. Granted, the latter is a Visual Novel, it will count here because I said so.

If you get past the bullshit everyone first says "oh noez, it just gorez" and actually get to the heart of the purpose of the story, it becomes really deep [parasitic bomb], that even after reading more than once, I find different angles to look at it. So yeah, that's not the case. Nothing is that absolute. So, let us drop our absolutes BS and start actualizing that a lot of the BS spouted is opinions. And opinions are fallible, because HUMANS are fallible.

To put it simply, everyone sucks

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #693 on: September 13, 2010, 11:35:54 AM
Was Judgment any good at all?
No.

I was complaining about the horrible style, but I guess horrible controls, horrible camera and other mistakes count.

it becomes really deep [parasitic bomb], that even after reading more than once
Those two? Nah.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #694 on: September 13, 2010, 12:26:35 PM
Carmilla was still nice to look at though.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #695 on: September 13, 2010, 02:18:55 PM
I like Judgments design, I'll never understand why I'm the only one ^^;

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #696 on: September 13, 2010, 02:25:01 PM
The desings are ok, appearance wise, the major problem is the you couldn't recognise majority of the characters

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #697 on: September 13, 2010, 02:27:53 PM
Did people hate Rondos PSP remake design then too?  Maria was hardly recognizable o.o

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #698 on: September 13, 2010, 02:34:57 PM
Nope, because the Rondo remake was a surperior game :D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #699 on: September 13, 2010, 03:53:03 PM
I like Judgments design, I'll never understand why I'm the only one ^^;

You'll never understand because you're not the only one.

The desings are ok, appearance wise, the major problem is the you couldn't recognise majority of the characters

Like that's a first.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.