Well, the opposite is also plausible.  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #926 on: July 28, 2009, 02:24:04 PM
Awesome Console Mans there, and I love the last line of your comment on Capcom... 8D

And lawl... I guess Rock still got it. 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #927 on: July 28, 2009, 05:22:25 PM
He sure does.  >0<

Some sketches done in a very nice but hard-to-scan-out-of book. This is actually the first page.

* Subaru's eyes really do turn red when he's transformed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHc6CviL1u0

* Goat had no official art or sprite; that doodle is my best guess. (...seriously, why no art/sprite? D: )

* "SF4 = Lovecraft" came out of nowhere. (Though really, the noised Hertzes in SF3 are mini-Eldritch Abominations...) The idea is that beings that are neither FMians nor AMians have landed on Earth and are watching the humans, occasionally appearing before one and merging with them. The beings cannot be killed, only de-merged.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #928 on: July 28, 2009, 05:24:01 PM
The spider fusion things looks incredibly painful.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #929 on: July 28, 2009, 05:31:41 PM
I was going for "less than human", but that also works.

This was sketched while watching an LP of Daikatana (viewable at the archive site. Only the Google Video links work).

* The two dream-based sketches? I have no idea either. (And yes, that is Donatello's floating head.)

* That Venemous that Megaman's holding? It looks cool until you fire it and realize that it sucks. It can't hit anything but your allies. And that Necro wand? Don't fire it unless there are enemies around. Just don't.

* *ChaosCroc influenced a few sketches--can you tell which?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #930 on: July 28, 2009, 05:44:43 PM
He sure does.  >0<

The fusion... Woa...
Very surreal. And D'AWWWW at Goat. X3

I was going for "less than human", but that also works.

Nooooo... Not Donatello...

Very interesting sketches here.

Offline flowercupid

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #931 on: July 29, 2009, 06:29:13 AM
Haven't had time to search the whole thread, but I really like your Brawl Fusions--Sonichu is insanely cute. And if only we had deviantMan instead of Fella as the mascot...

I am really jealous of your creative energy right now.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #932 on: July 30, 2009, 02:54:45 AM
I appreciate that you took time to look back in the thread. :)

Nothing good can come out of Madotsuki's.

I recently had a dream wherein Madotsuki's bastard parents moved into a very large house (it was specifically referred to as a mansion), and she had somehow stored the various worlds from her dream in the rooms connecting to the den. I actually went through one, and ended up in a room that was a washed-out shade of dark blue (it was dark in there) with a hall; there was nothing of interest except a dark blob that emitted threatening noises. I didn't stay in there for long.

Oh, and a bunch of people were staying in her kitchen because there was a storm, and I was trying to warn them not to enter any rooms. Then I woke up because that dream was freaky as hell. D:

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #933 on: July 30, 2009, 03:51:19 PM
Seeing the pic again... The smirk... Oh god that smirk...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #934 on: July 31, 2009, 02:11:34 AM
D:

Because Borock asked for it...

Borockman asked me to draw the older consoles.

Row 1: Nee-ee-ntendo again. NES and SNES are cops, keeping a watchful eye on the other console-bots even out of their primes. DS is a manager, and a bit two-faced--she's helpful one second, and threatening the next. The other three bots were built within relatively short times of each other, but all three have problems--GB can only see in shades of green, GBA has poor eyesight, and GBA-SP is deaf.

Row 2: Sega. The Master System (or MS) has been taking care of most of Sega's busy work for a while now. Genesis doesn't trust him despite having worked alongside him in the past (though Genesis was never very friendly to begin with). 32X clings obsessively to Genesis, and G. Gear has grown tired of all three of them. As for Segsat...she doesn't bother with any of them, preferring to hang around the other console-bots.

Row 3: The others. #2600 (he prefers "Atari"), #7800, and Turbogafx-16 (or just "TG-16") are all partners; 7800 and TG-16 dropped out of the so-called "console race" relatively early, the former because of his passive nature and the latter because she couldn't keep up. PV-1000 suffers from depression and the same feeling of "oudatedness" that N64 went through; Neo-G interacts with the others very little.

Posted on: July 30, 2009, 11:23:09 PM

Proto's had about all he can stand about Skull Castle.

I drew this last night; the background was added in an attempt to make this semi-presentable.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #935 on: July 31, 2009, 02:15:23 AM
Nooo! Blues... O^O

I love that you drew Tango~ 0v0

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #936 on: July 31, 2009, 02:16:12 AM
Very nice, my favourite would be have to be GB, but... where's the colour-blind Virtual Boy? D:

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #937 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:30 AM

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #938 on: July 31, 2009, 05:58:47 AM
That is a kick ass Sega Saturn.
Also like Master System.

Also draw more Tango, Tango is epic.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #939 on: July 31, 2009, 06:32:56 AM
D:

Because Borock asked for it...

Posted on: July 30, 2009, 11:23:09 PM

8D

As usual, nice design! I dig Saturn and lol at the gameboy deficiency.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #940 on: July 31, 2009, 02:13:07 PM
Now that's a cute Tango, can't say the same for depressed Blues...

And awesome for more Console Men. :3

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #941 on: August 01, 2009, 02:27:15 AM
I'm working on a third one; dunno when it'll be finished. The more obscure consoles are hard to personify...

One of my other sketchbooks has a very large squashed spider in it. SON OF A [sonic slicer].

The page I drew these on had non-Zelda drawings; they were all made into separate pictures. (I dunno why it ended up being mostly Zelda. Blame its Wiki?)

Link IX and Zelda XI - kids that the other Link and Zelda found abandoned. There's a reason for that, and for why they won't be continuing in their guardians' footsteps...(It has nothing to do with death. And this Link was raised by Luigi)

Hypnos and Aetti - Two characters of mine who represent the Triforce's void. Hypnos is a false oracle, supposedly of sleep, and Aetti is a lone knight who trails Zelda in hopes of battling her.

Zant and Farore - When I was little, someone told me there'd be a third Oracle game. Imagine my disappointment. Zant (not the same one from TP; I did have another villain, but I couldn't find my original notes/pics) has ruled over the country of Obscura for a long while now, keeping all its people near his castle. He's trying to keep them ignorant of what lies outside that secure area and does everything he can to prevent them from leaving. Farore took Link and Megaman (MM9, I know) there claiming that she was visiting Obscura for inspiration--in reality, she wanted to find out just what Zant's deal was. In the end, both she and Mega were captured and their boat was destroyed, leaving Link stranded and with Farore's book. In other words, just another day in Link's life. :p

Fate Kasuto and Mace - two other characters of mine. Fate and Mace are both friends of Link, though he doesn't see them very often. They're just ordinary Hylians; Fate is training to become an archer, and Mace spends her days traveling Hyrule. (She's an admirer of the Kokiri, and even caught her own fairy. Said fairy has found Mace to be a handful)

Erebos - A woman put in charge of documenting births and deaths in her town, giving her the nickname of the Oracle of Death. The townspeople are also incredibly superstitious. Oh [parasitic bomb].

Uuto tribesman - The Zelda Wiki's article on the canceled third Oracle game had a press release that mentioned them. In "Secrets", they've been trying to overthrow Zant (or at least enlighten the people) with no luck.

The Royal Family - Sorta based on an old dream of mine (how much of my [parasitic bomb] is dream-based?), this is what Zelda's family was like back in the 1940s, when relations with America were at an all-time low.

COPY-PASTE TIME!

"THE ROYAL FAMILY: A “schizophrenic, paranoid” family as described by its subjects. The front of their castle is filled with booby-traps and other mechanisms designed to expel visitors; all the paths lead to dead ends. The true entrance and subsequently castle is underground, but only a few people in all of Hyrule know this. The Royal Family eventually plays a crucial role in the story.

QUEEN AMBI: The paranoid head of the Royal Family; she was the one who designed her unusual castle. Despite her apparent contempt for her subjects, she actually deeply cares for them, and especially for her own family. Her paranoia is a direct result of a childhood trauma. Ambi has been trying to avoid war with the Twilight Realm, knowing that since Hyrule and the Realm exist on different planes and that there is no known way to enter the Realm, all battle would take place on Hyrule. She expresses her dismay to Zelda, thinking that the girl could do nothing about the Twilli either.

PRINCE LINK: A young son of Queen Ambi and central to Zelda’s quest. Ambi has tried to protect him from harm ever since he was born, up to insisting that he remain on the castle grounds and always carry a weapon on his person when he leaves the castle. Although Link seems like a cheerful, helpful boy, he is plagued by nightmares and feelings of inferiority. (After he gets to know Zelda better, he tells her how, among other things, he wishes Hyrule and its leaders weren’t so helpless) Link came into contact with a relic later identified as the Triforce of Courage, which has made him a prime target for the Twilli.

PRINCE RALPH: An aspiring wizard, although the castle isn’t quite the ideal place to practice his trade. Ralph is the oldest son of Queen Ambi, and while the throne would logically go to him, he turned it down. Despite this, he is still seen as an authoritative figure. Ralph has spent a great deal of his life trying to analyze his younger brother’s Triforce of Courage, to no avail. Recently, he has turned his efforts towards finding an entrance to the Twilight Realm. He is cynical and distrustful of others, only involving himself with people outside the family when he absolutely has to.

PRINCE SABURE: The middle son. Sabure thinks very little of the plight of his family and kingdom, not being interested in politics. Consequently, he does not want to become king. Sabure shows no interest in Zelda or her plight until the Royal Family is involved in it. He is noted to be passive and detached.

PRINCESS ARYLL: The youngest female in the Royal Family. Despite her apparent sweet nature and innocence, Aryll will deliberately mislead and manipulate outsiders if she feels it will help her family. (Queen Ambi has not done anything about this.) Because of her, it takes Zelda longer to reach Queen Ambi, as even the true castle is labyrinthine. Zelda holds a grudge against Aryll for her mind games. While she is notorious for being a pathological liar, Aryll was able to stall the Twilli by indicating that the true castle was in the frozen wastelands instead (“It’s the last place anyone looks!” ).

PRINCESS CREMIA: Thanks to her utter lack of manners, feminine traits, or mercy, many Hylians mistake Cremia for another guard. Cremia relentlessly trains and prepares herself for battle, going as far as to physically threaten and attack Zelda. She is grim and aggressive, having been that way even before she chose to become a fighter. On the positive side, few have been able to match her in combat, and she even holds her own against the Twilli.
PRINCESS ROMANI: The middle female child. Romani admires Cremia’s steadfastness and went as far as to copy her hairstyle. (Cremia found this flattering for all of five minutes.) Like Aryll, Romani will deliberately mislead outsiders, though not quite to Aryll’s extremes. She teases Link for his meekness, saying that he’s not a real Hylian until he can overcome it. Romani refines the traps in the decoy castle every morning (2 A.M.), and afterwards sleeps for five hours. So far, visitors have never caught her working on the traps."

Oh, Nintendo. This is what happens when you disavow the one Zelda game where she's playable.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #942 on: August 01, 2009, 04:15:43 AM
... EWWW at spider. :|

And interesting drawings here, darn at Nintendo...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #943 on: August 01, 2009, 06:01:24 AM
One of these days I'll scrape the bastard out.

A.K.A. Classical Junk 2. Mostly screwing around with ~Wanda92's PPG-bots concept. (As for why Elliot Edwards is there...well, both he and Megs are blue)

I was looking through some old papers the other night when I found this character inappropriately huggling Rock. Only Proto gets to do that nowadays. :/

So I drew her in about five seconds.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #944 on: August 01, 2009, 06:23:43 AM
How... Inappropriate was it? 8D

And cute PPG-bot art there.
Buttercup looks like a helmetless Tornado Man for a moment, and lawl at the 2 PPG at the top left corner.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #945 on: August 01, 2009, 07:09:59 AM
But that IS Tornadoman. XP

Not very, but there was a hand going where it shouldn't.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #946 on: August 01, 2009, 07:15:08 AM
Oh snap. X3

Oh snap times two. XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #947 on: August 01, 2009, 06:17:30 PM
And now I've scanned it! Huzzah!

Fished out of two large stacks of old papers. On the left, the pic where that fox OC came from, before I knew that apparently "fox OCs in fandoms without lots of foxes = evil". On the right, what might be my first drawing of Megaman ever. It's either that or that school drawing.

Thank God I got better.

...Of course, nowadays, Proto would be trying to bat her off.

Bonus proof of my inability to draw manly men:

Drawn sometime in '05, coloured with Sharpies. From left to right: The main character from La Blue Girl (I didn't know any better then), Cosmo, Marina Liteyears, Shyna Nera Shyna, Milk-chan, Orta, Ulala (I swear I'll get SP5 by this Christamas), Felicia, and Zohar Sandalphon.

I didn't like drawing boys back then. Consequently, all my men now look like women. Aaaarararagh.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #948 on: August 01, 2009, 06:22:05 PM
The first pic is actually really cute, with that fox girl going <3 like that... :3

And the second.
Never expected to see La Blue Girl here. >0<

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #949 on: August 01, 2009, 07:14:41 PM
If only I'd known...Then I'd be scarred for life much earlier.

How Megaman looked for all of one 2005 drawing of mine. (It's in my scraps now.)

He should cut his hair. XP