• View Profile
on: November 28, 2008, 11:51:48 PM

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:55:35 PM
Day one!

My only real qualm against the game is the removal of the "gibberish" dialogue. Oh well.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:21:48 AM
So that rumor about them possibly redesigning Klonoa was just a rumor after all. 8D
Happy days. This will be mine once it hits stateside.

...what?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 01:21:53 AM
I'm getting it on day one too!
I loved the original on the PS1 and this will be worth my time too.

I still cry over the ending. ;w;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 01:27:15 AM
I've seen the ending of the game... whoa it's [SPOILER BLOCK] and I hardly cry... sometimes... when anything ends like that.

I really want this game now!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:00:44 PM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 07:19:59 AM
I got this game for my birthday, and got up to the Final Vision from about 6 pm to 10 - not 100% completion ratings up to that point mind you, but just a straight-foward playthrough with some diversions. It was rather easy and short, and only select parts in the endgame levels caused trouble for me. Nonetheless, the gameplay was retained solidly. Sometimes, however, the controls (at least, my Gamecube controller) tended to be alittle too touchy when it came to the movement precision needed in the aforementioned endgame levels.

But while the game is great and all, it just lacks the... Charm, that the original game had. Klonoa doesn't have as many lines as I remember him to of had and often enough just spouts one-liner encouraging stuff, the script was rewritten to "modern" standards and feels alittle downplayed on certain things while being more heavy on explanations, and somehow fuzzy pixelated sprites and now "outdated" CG cutscenes had far more emotion than the revamped graphics do (although in-game the fresh coat of paint does wonders). And I played with the Phantomile voiceovers, having heard enough gripe about the full English ones. Maybe i'll go back and check that out sometime.

This being my first full "playthrough" of the game though (seeing as I sucked so bad back in the PS1 days that I don't think I made it past Vision 3-1), some scenes were quite surprising,
[spoiler]*cough* Poor Grandpa getting killed, and the nasty twist at the end *cough*[/spoiler]
and the game really was rather.. Interesting. Too bad it lacked solid character backgrounds and development, prefering to trek you off to the next location to save the next major character usually or the like. Unfortunately, this design decision made the ending alittle too much of a "random bombshell" - those who've seen it may get what i'm talking about. For what it's worth, though;

Klonoa (Wii), the official Klonoa series 10th anniversary remake by Namco of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS1), gets a single thumbs-up from this gamer - good, but could've been better. Glad to see the series get atleast some good attention after all this time. Now then.. *searches for Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil*

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 01:13:44 PM
Chandler Bing from Friends plays Klonoa. ^^;

But there's also:

Too Much Information About Matthew Perry's Klonoa Habits.

Quote from: TaggarT6 coming soon to a theater near you! (comment)
I play Klonoa with my pants down...though probably for different reasons.

(c) Sky Child~