Who of you plays Yu-gi-oh? Doesn´t matter if play it in Real Life or on a medium

Thanatos-Zero · 19393

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
That is the question.
I still play it constantly, however many of my former friends stopped playing it. So I wanted to ask if you still play it. Many people see in it still as a children game, but it has gained all over the years more varity. So do you enjoy it like me? I really like it.^^

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:56:57 AM by Thanatos-Zero »

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I have cards but all they do is sit in my desk.

Everyone I know who plays is self-righteous assholes.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
i play from time to time. i don't have any cards, so i always use my friends' decks. usually i use my one friend's Zombie deck, which is really sweet. it would be even better if he got another Il Blud.

two of my other friends use Gladiator Beasts. they are the bitchiest cards i've ever seen.

i know people who play the game NONSTOP. it's impossible to hang out with them. it's all they do.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
What Fabulous-chan said~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
i have a small tin somewhere in my room with cards that i haven't touched in 6 years.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I have lots of cards, but haven't bought any booster packs in years. I would probably play if anyone around me still played =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I had AWESOME cards. Like that Ultra Rare Dark Magician that came in that Dark Beginning's booster pack...good ol' 8th grade...

But I was pretty darn horrible at it. So I just stopped playing.

If I'd kept my cards I could've made a fortune by selling them. -_-

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I have em....about....more than 1000 pieces....most of em are useless....the only useful ones are in my deck.......also have the egyptian god cards....dont know wheter its original or not......but since the color behind the cards are the same with the color of those divine beast...maybe it is....

im curios why it showed up in a booster pack after i just watched the movie Yu-gi-Oh Pyramid of Light  8D

i stopped playing it since i transferred to somwhere else because i had no one to play....seriously.....i missed the old days~

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I hadn't touched my cards in years until last year when Lou, JoshMack & I decided to duel occasionally from time to time.  The 3 decks I have together right now are my Dark Paladin/Last Warrior Magician/Warrior Deck, my Fiend deck, and my always fun Burn/Heal deck.

LoL, I think it's because of people like me why they restricted SO many Burn deck cards!   8D

Posted on: February 15, 2009, 06:32:15 PM
Oh, and for the record, I'd out duel you ALL!   8)

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
I have lots of cards, but haven't bought any booster packs in years. I would probably play if anyone around me still played =/
same here and PB no way you could duel out all of us especially me i wouldnt go down without a fight

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
theres too many overpowered cards in the game. back in the day, blue eyes used to be the strongest. and you were considered a GOD if you had a blue eyes ultimate.
and dont start me on Exodia. he was just a legend.

Freshman year in HS, and some of sophomore, there was this "yugioh corner" in breakfast. but Ialwsy sucked at building a good deck and they were too good.

I will admit though... 5D's is tempting me to come back into playing...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Ah yes, played the game much.  I stopped shortly after buying Rise Of The Dragon Lords structure deck, mainly 'cuz my brother got tired of losing against me, and I got tired of losing against everyone else.  >.>

The problem with all TCG games is that, given that they survive, sooner or later I get sick of keeping track of constant updates that break all the old strategies (money-sucking when looking for a specific card, and that damn banned cards list don't help any; I miss my Metamorphosis/Thousand Eyes combo...).  Issues could be solved by playing a dead game (ie: Austin Powers), if you could actually find someone to play WITH.

Oh yeah, and I also have the Japanese Worldwide Edition on GBA, you know, for those english-print god cards and all.  Ah, Slipher, you look good enough to eat...
-_-  *hides the tooth marks on the card*

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I waisted $20 on a structure deck a week ago....

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I still occasionally buy that pack that has the english Magician of Black chaos.
im STILL searching for him. and Ill never give up til I get him adn the ritual.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Wasn't he in one of the old Starter Decks?  I'm not sure but I think I have him.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I used to play them, I have a book filled with old and new cards from each series. I just gave up when I lost intrest though.. Good 'ol days.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
I still occasionally buy that pack that has the english Magician of Black chaos.
You know, ritual monster cards makes rarely for you card advantage, only Demise, king of the judgement day, is really worth to be played, since he cleans the entire field except himself by summening him. If you want to play the Magican of black Chaos, why not the Dark Magican of Chaos? He has a really good effect. Besides you can pick up a Magic Card from the graveyard after sucessful summening, he removes destroyed monsters by himself from play. The only disadvantage is that he removes himself from play after he gots destroyed. But that makes him useable in Shift Decks.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
theres too many overpowered cards in the game.

and they're all banned. except for Monster Reborn, for some cockimaney reason. it still baffles me why that's legal, where Premature Burial and Call of the Haunted are banned.

i used to play with a friend's Envoy deck. it could've used some more banned cards, like Yata-Garasu. even still, it was fun, especially with a couple Horuses in there. there was a Sorcerer of Dark Magic in there for a while too. imagine how bitchy it would be to have that and Horus LV8 out there at the same time.

from what i've heard, Synchro monsters are a [sonic slicer] to fight too. unless you have Compulsory Evacuation Devices.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
and they're all banned. except for Monster Reborn, for some cockimaney reason. it still baffles me why that's legal, where Premature Burial and Call of the Haunted are banned.

Wait, you mean they unbanned it? I remember it being in a banned list quite a while ago.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I remember one game that I took complete advantage over my brother with the Snychro monsters, nasty beasts. mix them with fusion monsters and you got something killer.

Oh, 75% of the cards are banned from official tourney play. most likely as they go, corrections are being made.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

I beat the GBA game, which I pirated, with the just the help of a handful of Summoned Skulls and some high defense cards.  For a card game, it has no strategy.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
there are like 12 YuGiOh games on GBA.

Wait, you mean they unbanned it? I remember it being in a banned list quite a while ago.

it's been unbanned for quite a while now.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
there are like 12 YuGiOh games on GBA.
Over 800 posts and you still take Sub Tank seriously?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

I have like 3 or 4 of him and the Ritual Card.   8D

Yeah, the unbanning of Monster Reborn puzzled me as well.  LoL, but it went RIGHT into every deck I made, as it should!

And ahhhh the Yata-Lock.  NO duel will ever give me more pleasure than beating that cheap ass Yata-Lock deck with my Burn/Heal deck.  Oh man, I could FEEEEEEEEL HIS ANGERRRR.  The best is when he realized it too. 

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Seeing as how my deck at the time focused on bringing out three Blue Eyes almost immediately for an instant sweep, I can't really speak of the game since I stopped playing some time after... I don't know. I don't remember the names. I just know it was sometime in early 2003.

Also...

SLIFER THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER! He'll executive produce the crap out of you!