I come bearing sprites...

Ultimate Carl · 3338

Offline Ultimate Carl

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: April 24, 2009, 02:27:54 PM
Hey everyone!  This'll be my first post here...  I love the entire Classic Rockman series, and I'm mainly interested in fangames and sprites.  So, here's some sprite edits I did!

First up is an 8-Bit Forte sheet.  It isn't done, yet.  I'm mainly working on it in the context of a fangame.  It's adapted from his NeoGeo Power Battles sprites, but mainly with added color.  In addition, I chopped down his number of frames so he's in line with the same number that Rock (and Blues in MM9) have so he's easier to shoehorn into a game or romhack.  I also gave him a "throw" animation (for, say, Metal Blade) along with Top Spin frames.  Eventually I'm also going to give him ladder frames and "holding" animations for when you're holding up a block from Gutsman's power.  Nothing too fancy, and like I said, still WIP.

Second is Top Man done in Power Battles style.  He's one of my favorite RMs, but he never got a 32-bit makeover!  I used a lot of different Power Battles/Fighters RMs as a base.  Most obviously, his torso came from quick, but I also used bits of Plant, Gyro, Shadow, and Dive.  The tops and his head were from scratch, and I hardly ever simply recolored something, even if the edits were subtle.  Since most RMs got extra moves or a different pattern in Power Battles, I gave him running, jumping, and knocked down sprites in addition to everything needed to remake his NES pattern.  Overall I think it turned out well!

Finally, the very beginnings of a Power Battles-style Fire Man.  I'm on a bit of a kick making 32-bit sheets for any RM that doesn't already have one in hopes of spurring someone to start work on a fangame of Power Battles that includes every RM in the series so far... 8D  This one is a bit dangerous.  I actually did this one entirely from scratch, which is scary because I don't normally draw, at all.  I figured I'd try my luck and I think it came out decently...  There's so many practically identical-looking frames because that's supposed to be his idle animation.  The fire flickers.  Okay, so the eyes I got from Magnet Man and the fire I got from Heat Man, but other than that I did it from scratch.

Please, let me know what you think! :D

(EDIT: Replaced attachments with links, should be a lot more convenient. :P)

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:46:12 PM
I like the Top Man sprites. I also find it hilarious that you're doing 8bit Forte off the NGPC, because I'm doing the same thing.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:55:35 PM
Saving them as a BMP will not to good, it will automatically convert them, for sprites, PNG file types are good.

Fireman looks akward to me, try to reduce shading a bit, sometimes MMPB&F ignores lightsource. Topman is obviously, a Shadowman edit.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Ultimate Carl

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:34 PM
I like the Top Man sprites.
Thanks!
I also find it hilarious that you're doing 8bit Forte off the NGPC, because I'm doing the same thing.
Haha, yeah, well I've seen supposed 8-bit sheets of him before, but they're mostly just direct copies of the NGPC one.  Like I said, I'm trying to edit him to be more colorful, as well as in-line with NES Rock. :D  Let me know how yours turns out, it'll be interesting to compare!

Saving them as a BMP will not to good, it will automatically convert them, for sprites, PNG file types are good.
They are .pngs. O.o;  Did tinypic convert them?
Fireman looks akward to me, try to reduce shading a bit, sometimes MMPB&F ignores lightsource.
Well...  Like I said, it was my first try...  I'll look at the shading, though, thanks!
Topman is obviously, a Shadowman edit.
Actually, he only uses Shadow's legs and sometimes one of his hands.  In fact, there's no Shadow at all in any of his injured/stand up frames.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 11:28:38 PM
Well, no. The only way they are like this as BMPs are converted into Jpeg files, I need an actual screenshot of it's origional file type (Right Click, Properties, Print Screen button, Start, Programs, Accessories, Paint, Right Click, Paste).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:32:13 AM
These sprites are pretty good.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection