Megaman vs Street Fighter Fangame

SonicZH · 60616

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: December 16, 2012, 04:10:46 AM
Im assuming that Akuma will be the rival boss like Bass.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: December 16, 2012, 05:34:22 AM
Sup, Blues and RPM. Been a while, hasn't it?

Yeah, I agree they do. But I believe S-Kill and Sven already told us months ago to "keep our expectations" in check. So with that said, I would say the smarter tip is to not expect much at this particular event. Though I'd certainly love to actually be surprised... -u-'

But perhaps that we'll see dotted events through months ahead. Though if Capcom wants to have surprises unveiled at Japanese events like World Hobby Fair, you can only hope that these are already in motion.

BEN! I've missed you, buddy. Check out the newest Bitchslap additions if you haven't already!

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: December 16, 2012, 06:02:31 PM
This probably isn't the thread for it, but wouldn't it be wild if one of the announcements is some kind of videogame Mega Man X Sonic crossover? To coincide with the Archie Comics?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: December 16, 2012, 06:43:47 PM
This probably isn't the thread for it, but wouldn't it be wild if one of the announcements is some kind of videogame Mega Man X Sonic crossover? To coincide with the Archie Comics?

Both companies have said that they're not planning on it.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: December 16, 2012, 11:39:35 PM
Both companies have said that they're not planning on it.

Truly a pity too. Even a Power Stone-like arena fighter would have been something interesting to see. And it's not like Sega couldn't use the money~!

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: December 16, 2012, 11:39:48 PM
Better question: who's betting they'll release it at midnight tonight?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: December 16, 2012, 11:56:47 PM
Truly a pity too. Even a Power Stone-like arena fighter would have been something interesting to see. And it's not like Sega couldn't use the money~!

I so want a Power Stone 3.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #107 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:53 AM

I'm wondering this myself. It's 8:50 PM EST here, and Japan is supposedly ahead of us? I wonder if they're going to wait until everyone is either hit, or past Midnight when they release it?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #108 on: December 17, 2012, 03:07:24 AM

It'll be better if you ask the fans, there are already sprites of Sonic and friends in 8-bit to boot!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: December 17, 2012, 03:43:21 AM
Vega was "revealed" well to me.. Im not sure if he's a Fortress boss or just a regular one. Rock and Vega can both climb on the wall, which is interesting. (Just like in Alpha 3! :D)

Guessing the Fortress bosses are Vega, Balrog and Sagat, meaning the final boss is M. Bison or maybe even Seth. The creator of the game said that there's a secret boss, idk who that might be. Probably Dan.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: December 17, 2012, 04:12:53 AM
So you went with the alpha sprite, not the SF2 version?
May be off topic, but there is something I never liked about the alpha version of his climbing sprite. Either the claw is on the wrong hand, or the snake tatoo is on the wrong arm. Either way, one of them needs to be switched so that his gold arm band is on the same side as his claw.

Not your fault, I just like to point out those noticeable graphic errors. I'm not sure how Capcom messed that up. ;)

Anyway, back on topic. Is it just me, or are some of the 8-bit street fighter characters have more colors than the 'supposed' limit? I know they are not working with any color limits here, but if they were going with a true 8-bit feeling, I imagine they could be at least trying. I think from what I can tell, Vega may have too many colors for an NES sprite. Though I'm not entirely sure what the color selection they are going with in this game. We'll just find out really soon I guess.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: December 17, 2012, 04:31:53 AM
If I remember correctly, Plantman had 6 non-transparent colors to his overall palette.  Which is why my 8-bit Joseph sprites also do.  I'd say it's perfectly plausible for a sprite to have 6 non-transparent colors (on two layers) to it.  9 might be pushing it a bit and 3 would be far too simple, most of the time.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: December 17, 2012, 05:03:31 AM
Hmm..... I think Plant Man was an only exception. If that's the only robot master to have more than the limited colors.

Come to think of it, I think Mega Man's whole body was 3 colors, 1 sprite, and Mega Man's head was another 3 colors, and a separate layer sprite. So I guess Plan Man's sprite colors are pretty much designed the same way as Mega Man's colors are designed? Though that doesn't really explain the color count for this game though. It only explains how Plant Man's colors worked as separate layer on the NES.

I guess what I'm saying is, I wonder how much thought they put in to the color limits on these sprites. If they considered the options of how other sprites worked in the NES engine, or if they just worked on the sprites without considering any limits.

EDIT: Does anyone else besids me wish there was a 25th anniversary live stream event like they had that one year?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: December 17, 2012, 09:14:14 AM

Eh, 2AM is close enough to them I guess.

Oh, and hey, Ben, didn't think I'd see you around here again.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: December 17, 2012, 09:45:30 AM
So, I just beat the game.  It was incredibly short.  And disappointing.

Was Capcom financially backing this?  I forget.

I'm never trusting Capcom again.

[spoiler]I'm lying like a rug.  I'm actually still downloading it.  The site is freaking overloaded or somethin'.[/spoiler]

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #115 on: December 17, 2012, 11:39:40 AM
I'm stuck on the final stage where you have to re-fight the "robot masters" again. This game is a bit unforgiving. You don't even get the big health capsules when you defeat the bosses again . At least you keep your E-Tanks when you lose all your lives and continue.

[spoiler]Nevermind, it turns out you can get a big weapon and health energy pellet when you shoot those spinning orb things floating above the hands.[/spoiler]

With that said though, I liked it. It's not too bad, just a bit difficult. The weapons are cool. I like the Yoga Flame and Optic Laser. I hope some of these weapons (or their concepts) make a return in an official Mega Man game. I really like the music too. Apparently, there's going to be a free release of the soundtrack some time tomorrow.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #116 on: December 17, 2012, 11:56:45 AM
I can't even get that far.

I think my computer's too weak or something, but once I get to the stage select screen the only thing I can do is hit enter. I can't move anywhere. Also the music gets skippy and restarts a lot. :|

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #117 on: December 17, 2012, 03:09:37 PM
Mirror (US version though, dunno if that's important):
http://www.mediafire.com/?w66z66h65r9bb79

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: December 17, 2012, 03:41:01 PM
I'm glad to say that I've cleared this game. I have never been more frustrated with the Vega boss battle. I can't seem to figure out, HOW THE [Tornado Fang] DO YOU DODGE HIS F.B. ATTACK, IF HE HOMES IN AT THE SAME SPEED AS YOUR SLIDE! O:<.

But now the question is, was there really a secret boss? And I am assuming it requires you to not continue if all lives are lost.

I seem to ran into a few glitches, where the Boss battle, Victory and Ending themes were not playing. Anyone encounter these?

Fear me.

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: December 17, 2012, 04:18:02 PM
Let me know about the glitches here, also, please down load from capcom web even tho its slow. They are judging the game base on response there...

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: December 17, 2012, 06:51:07 PM
Anyone know how to change the controls? I am NOT comfortable with the current set up. I am used tot he keyboards arrow keys. I need to be able to configure the controls. :-/

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: December 17, 2012, 07:18:18 PM
Press F2 in the weapon select screen. The default controls are really uncomfortable, so I switched it to a similar control scheme I used for Rokko-Chan and Rockman 7 FC.

Also, this is apparently the recommended boss order:

[spoiler]Ryu>Chun-Li>C.Viper>Dhalism>Blanka>Rose>Rolento>Urien[/spoiler]

Also, more spoilers on the final bosses:

[spoiler]Balrog = Pit, Vega = Lightning Kick, M. Bison = Hadouken[/spoiler]

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: December 17, 2012, 08:03:54 PM
E-Tanks don't respawn EVEN after continue :(
Also, this game supports gamepads.

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: December 17, 2012, 08:12:22 PM
They don't? That's odd, when I continued from C. Viper's stage after losing all my lives, I was able to keep all my E-Tanks.

Oh! You meant when the E-Tanks don't respawn in the stage after losing all your lives? Oh. I thought you meant the ones in your inventory. Yeah, that does suck. :(

I just beat the game a few minutes ago. I already said my thoughts in my first post here.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: December 17, 2012, 08:32:49 PM
I really have beaten this game now.  Here's my spoiler-free rundown:[spoiler=Spoiler-free, but clipped for size.]
- The physics felt spot-on.
- It didn't seem like some of the "Street Fighters" had weaknesses at all.
- Most of the weapons were pretty useless, aside from Dhalsim's and C. Viper's. (Those two weapons were a bit redundant...)
- Most of the bosses were push-overs, even using the buster-only.  Some were easier to buster-only.
- The charge shot is nigh-useless at times, a'la Rockman 7.  Too much start-up time.
- Ryu.  Has.  Far too many invincibility frames of animation. (If I remember right, he can only "dodge" projectiles on the start-up of his Tatsumakisenpuu Kyakuu or Shoryuken.  In this game, he was completely invincible during his Tatsumakisenpuu Kyakuu.)
- The Boss Rush stage was more brutal than I would have liked to admit (even after I figured out how to regain health).
- The lack of a "password" option really hurts the replayability of this title.  At least for me, anyway.[/spoiler]
All and all, it was a fun two hours spent.  I didn't find the secret boss, but I have theories as to how to access it. (One-credit finish?  8 consecutive perfects?  Defeat the Final Stage 1 boss?)

I might play this again some time.

Edit: You know what?  I changed my mind.  It's still a fun game, but the fortress stages were extremely lazy and annoying.  The fortress bosses weren't much of a challenge, either.  I was pretty disappointed by those stages.  But the rest of the game was pretty good.  I give it a definite 4 out of 7 -- it's not the best Rockman game, but it's by-far not the worst.  Official, or fan-made.

Let me know about the glitches here, also, please down load from capcom web even tho its slow. They are judging the game base on response there...
[spoiler=Spoiler-free, but clipped for size.]- Holding start on Rock's portrait in the Stage Select screen will endlessly play the "error" sound.
- If you hold Down and press Jump repeatedly, Rock will throw out dust clouds like crazy.  However, this will not make Rock slide forever.
- The Neo Rock Buster charge shot does about 6 damage to most minor enemies rather than 3. (Intentional?)
- Large Energy Capsules restore about 8 energy.  They should restore 10.
- As Splash said, E-Tanks do not respawn after you continue. (Intentional?)
- Rock does not teleport in from the top of the screen if you continue from a checkpoint.
- Projectiles reflected from Ryu (using Urien's weapon) can sometimes fly backwards, under the right conditions. (They work just the same, though.)
- Dhalsim will sometimes face the wrong way while using his Super Move.
- Blanka and C. Viper will, on rare occasion, forget where they are in their boss rooms and "cling" to a corner until Rock moves away from said corner.  This is especially strange for C. Viper, as she does it during her Super Move.
- It is impossible to get a "Perfect" on a boss if you have less than 32 units of health, even if the boss never hits you. (Intentional?)
- If you die in the Boss Rush stage, the background of the teleporter room resets to normal. (It's supposed to change after five bosses.)  After you beat another boss, though, it changes to the second background again.
- On rare occasion, the game won't pause while recovering energy. (This only happened to me during the Boss Rush stage, however.)
Cannot slide through boss doors.
Pausing loses charge.
Cannot fire small shots while charge shot is on screen.
Cannot charge until charge shot has left screen.
[/spoiler]