News Roundup: September 10 - September 18

Protodude · 7433

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: September 19, 2009, 07:07:00 PM
'Mega Man: Complete History' Book Canceled

Remember Mega Man: Complete History? The book that showed up on Barnes and Noble not too long ago? Well, according to the publisher Chronicle Books, it's been canceled.

"Unfortunately this book will not be published, but we are coming out with a Street Fighter book. I let the person who worked on this book know and she is going to make sure that the information gets taken off the website. Thank you for your concern."

That's a real shame. However, we still have a lot of books to look forward too, particularly the soon to be released Mega Man Official Complete Works!

'Chip Tuned Rockman' Soundtrack Announced

"Chip Tuned Rockman" consists entirely of newly arranged chip tune-styled songs from the classic series. The 20 individual tracks have been arranged by different artists, each specializing in chip tune mixes. A full track listing and a lone sample track are available here.

The album is also said to include a booklet featuring interviews with the composers and artwork from series artists, Hitoshi Ariga and Shigeto Ikehara.

Chip Tuned Rockman will initially be sold at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, and see a wide release on October 15th, 2009 for 3,000 yen (roughly $33).

Irregular Hunter/Rock Rock Soundtrack Details

Thanks to Dark Messiah, we now have ourselves the complete track list for the Irregular Hunter X+Rockman Rockman soundtrack, a bonus CD that was included with with first print editions of the IHX/RR PSP value pack. There's 30 tracks in all; 15 from IHX and another 15 from RR:

Irregular Hunter X
[spoiler]01. Irregular Hunter X title theme
02. Stage X - Opening theme
03. Stage Select
04. Launch Octopus
05. Chill Penguin
06. Boomer Kuwanger
07. Sting Chameleon
08. Spark Mandrill
09. Armored Armadillo
10. Boss Battle
11. Sigma Stage 1
12. Sigma Stage 2
13. Sigma 1 Battle
14. Sigma 2 battle
15. Vile's Theme[/spoiler]

Rockman Rockman

[spoiler]16. Title Theme
 17. Stage Opening
18. Start Stage
19. Cut Man
20. Guts Man
21. Fire Man
22. Elec Man
23. Time Man
24. Oil Man
25. Boss Battle Theme
26. Wily Stage
27. Wily Battle
28. End Roll
29. Construction
30. Japan Construction Stage[/spoiler]

-------------
Mega Man ZX Manga Pre-Order On Amazon

Udon Entertainment promised it and now you can buy it!  Slated to ship on March 29, 2010 is Mega Man ZX Volume 1, the manga by Shin Ogino.

The first of two volumes, Ogino's Mega Man ZX retells the happenings of the first ZX game with a blend of over-the-top humor and action.

Grab yours at Amazon

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 07:12:20 PM

"Chip Tuned Rockman" consists entirely of newly arranged chip tune-styled songs from the classic series. The 20 individual tracks have been arranged by different artists, each specializing in chip tune mixes. A full track listing and a lone sample track are available here.

The album is also said to include a booklet featuring interviews with the composers and artwork from series artists, Hitoshi Ariga and Shigeto Ikehara.

Chip Tuned Rockman will initially be sold at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, and see a wide release on October 15th, 2009 for 3,000 yen (roughly $33).

this makes me soooo happy

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 07:31:53 PM
'Mega Man: Complete History' Book Canceled

Remember Mega Man: Complete History? The book that showed up on Barnes and Noble not too long ago? Well, according to the publisher Chronicle Books, it's been canceled.
"Unfortunately this book will not be published, but we are coming out with a Street Fighter book. I let the person who worked on this book know and she is going to make sure that the information gets taken off the website. Thank you for your concern."

That's a real shame. However, we still have a lot of books to look forward too, particularly the soon to be released Mega Man Official Complete Works!

Such a real shame, some of us were expecting a fix in the timeline with the Complete History book, but as of now, it's not happenin'. I will still be looking for the Official Complete works anyway.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 08:02:39 PM
this makes me soooo happy

More Ariga art and chiptune music? Hell yes it should make folks happy. I know I am! 8)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 08:20:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the chip tunes soundtrack.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:28:08 PM
First post updated with ZX manga news!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:02:12 AM
Chiptunes! Yay!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 08:01:00 AM

Man, the sample is just so awesome...
And pity the Complete History book is cancelled...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 09:47:11 AM
Wait, what was the Complete History about? It is about the information about the Original Megaman series?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 10:28:02 AM
Quote from: Protodude's Rockman Corner
"From napkin-scrawled idea to production to million-selling success, both series’ histories will be told in extreme detail in original text and interviews with the developers, animators, and other industry folks. We’re going to pack in tons of art, too–early concept stuff as well as memorable character sprites. My favorite part may be the package itself, though–these are going to be paperbacks, but they’ll come in a partial slipcase that looks like an original Nintendo cartridge sleeve. "

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 07:14:44 PM
*sigh* Guess we'll have to wait for Retro Gamer to get around to "The Making of Megaman".

By the way, the comments about the lack of WiFi in OSS make me wonder why Protodude still allows comments.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 10:19:50 PM
What's wrong with them?  Are you saying it's wrong to want Wi-Fi?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 10:30:07 PM
What's wrong with them?  Are you saying it's wrong to want Wi-Fi?

They're mostly "No WiFi? YOU FAIL, CAPCOM!" and "This games sucks because no WiFi!"

And I'm not saying it's wrong, but good God, the vitriolic fanboy rage about its absence...(Though, I've never really used WiFi in any game ever, so it doesn't bother me...)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 10:34:35 PM
No, there's nothing wrong with "wanting" it.
It's just that fans are "nagging" about Capcom's choice removing it.
Can't we just like a game for what they offer us in the first place? o.o

If Capcom thought about it in a plot situation, WiFi is a new technology that the early EXE series didn't have access to "yet". Twin Leaders had local wireless too, remember. WiFi came out in full force when Shooting Star Rockman was out, along with friend codes, brother banding and everything. Time-traveling doesn't have to mean that WiFi would be automatically available, but maybe it could. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 10:53:56 PM
Can't we just like a game for what they offer us in the first place? o.o

You mean a slightly updated port of a game we played about 8 years ago that we can already play in the same console this is coming out anyways?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 10:55:56 PM
Yes please~ :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:08 PM
You mean a slightly updated port of a game we played about 8 years ago that we can already play in the same console this is coming out anyways?

I'm actually playing it right now.  However, man am I itching for that Internet Map.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:34 PM

~~~8 years ago~~~

Gah!! Stop making me feel old! ;O;

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 10:59:38 PM
Hey, I got that feeling too when I thought of that sentence, and now you must feel it too! >=(

I'm actually playing it right now.  However, man am I itching for that Internet Map.

Well, that's something I'd truely have to agree with.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 02:24:14 AM