Mega Man Archie Comics

Psycho Yuffie · 94739

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: October 04, 2013, 12:00:02 AM
Spaz doing Mega Man X.  It is not physically possible for it to be anything but awesome.

(and somehow the Command Mission title theme chimes in my head whenever I see that preview image)

Looking for passionate love?

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: October 04, 2013, 12:04:38 AM
Funny enough, unless they decide to do it like the games did and simply jump from Classic to X, this might have the potential to be a first-ever 'official'.. Direct continuation kinda thing, not sure how to describe it, that fans have been pondering for years.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: October 04, 2013, 02:06:35 AM
Now all that's left is for Udon to localize the X mangas, and I can die happy.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: October 04, 2013, 02:41:02 AM
Since I read that Archie is starting on X, I looked its site and I woild like to know what series is that eventually leads to X. From what I saw was MegaMan Arc and MegaMan Graphic Novel.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: October 04, 2013, 03:56:47 AM
If it's like the classic series, it'll just go through the games.

Which is cool! XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #255 on: October 05, 2013, 02:16:33 AM
Looking for passionate love?
I actually meant the title screen and not the opening video.  But I could honestly see either-or working.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OC8qhDvvlA[/youtube]

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:10 PM
Hope people are still reading this.  The last few issues have been knocking it out of the park, and I'm enjoying the start of the Archie take on X.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: March 21, 2014, 05:10:57 AM
Just finished issue 35
[spoiler]lots of emotional stuff from Breakman...[/spoiler]

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: April 10, 2014, 07:41:57 AM
Just finished issue 35
[spoiler]lots of emotional stuff from Breakman...[/spoiler]
Good God, Breakman... you sad [tornado fang].

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: April 11, 2014, 01:05:12 AM
This comic keeps finding new and exciting ways to destroy its readers.

Breakman, seek help.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: April 22, 2014, 11:50:37 AM

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #261 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:48 AM
I like MegaMan comic #36 where I saw....

[spoiler]Phoenix [tornado fang]ing Wright! :D

I am pretty sure it's him! Same color tie, same suit color, in the court room. No doubt about it! :D[/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #262 on: April 30, 2014, 03:07:22 AM
Yeah the preview images showed him and the Judge, and the blog entry on Capcom-Unity showing them even alluded to that fact.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: June 22, 2014, 12:26:46 PM

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: June 22, 2014, 05:46:48 PM
Nearly forgot about their X series, how is it so far?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: June 26, 2014, 09:11:27 PM
It's not really a "series" (yet). I'd say it's pretty good; the same kind of thought that Ian puts into the main book is present here, if that makes any sense.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: June 26, 2014, 11:44:13 PM
I've enjoyed their classic series quite a bit, I'll have to track this down someday.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: July 15, 2014, 02:52:03 AM
Just got Dawn of X Part 3, which is actually less Classic and mostly X this time around.  Cool stuff.  Oh, and if you thought the slide removal was the last of their poking fun at ridiculous classic series mechanics, think again.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: July 15, 2014, 04:47:27 PM
I got as far as the Sonic cross over and I enjoyed that alot, the writing was snappy and it didn't take it's self too seriously; very much interested in continuing. Would you say the writing has stayed at the same level as the earlier stuff?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: July 16, 2014, 02:38:48 AM
Been pretty consistent across the length of the comic, I'd say.  I've been a fond of Ian Flynn's writing ever since the 170's or so of the Sonic The Hedgehog comics (though I'm not happy with Sonic's post-crossover-reboot, that's largely believed to be more due to Penders and Sega than to Flynn).

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: July 16, 2014, 02:46:47 AM
I'm trying to remember the last time I read the sonic comics, I think it was back when sonic was kidnapped and turned into mecha sonic. Glad the writing has remained consistent, I'll need to check it out soon once I have some disposable money.

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: July 22, 2014, 02:35:53 AM
I'm enjoying the X stuff, but I'd say the Classic stories are where the book really shines.

Been pretty consistent across the length of the comic, I'd say.  I've been a fond of Ian Flynn's writing ever since the 170's or so of the Sonic The Hedgehog comics (though I'm not happy with Sonic's post-crossover-reboot, that's largely believed to be more due to Penders and Sega than to Flynn).

Mainly Penders and Penders, with a side of Archie.  The deal with SEGA way back when the book was starting was that SEGA would own e v e r y t h i n g.  All creators were meant to sign contracts stating they gave the rights to their creations to SEGA.  Either Archie just plain forgot to get him to sign, or (more likely) his contract was lost years ago. A former Archie staffer let slip in court documents that apparently they lost a lot of contracts from their warehouse in the 90s.  The settlement with Archie was apparently them refusing to acknowledge he owns anything, but agreeing not to sue him for use of the characters he says he came up with. They couldn't say he owned anything without angering SEGA, who Ken was trying to sue. And he'd still like to, but after the settlement was agreed on it turned out that he'd botched the lawsuit against SEGA and his chance to sue over Sonic Chronicles expired. So now he's saying he'd be happy licensing if Archie agreed to a bunch of looney conditions, but Archie can't license because they refuse to admit he owns anything, and besides SEGA wouldn't want money going to a man actively looking for ways to sue them.

So in the end the only winners in this mess were the lawyers. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:13 PM
That new Dawn of X was pretty fun.

it's really the little things.

Like Sigma doing his pre-battle cape toss and pose, or the Wily Walker recognizing Zero as a Wily robot

I'm not entirely on board with their decision to use the Zero vs Sigma fight as the explanation for Sigma's scars. that was always a very stupid idea. Half his face should be purple.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: July 28, 2014, 01:28:58 AM
Wasn't Sigma's scars from X pulling off the Shining Finger on him in Day of Sigma?  XD

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:02 AM
That new Dawn of X was pretty fun.

it's really the little things.

Like Sigma doing his pre-battle cape toss and pose, or the Wily Walker recognizing Zero as a Wily robot

Yeah, it's pretty solid. And the explanation for why the Wily Walker is a threat works well. Obviously it was never going to be easy since the final Wily mechs tended to have tons of armor with little weak spots, but throwing in the threat of chemical weapons being released makes it more plausible that the whole Mav-Hunter squad would be having trouble.

Does Vile seem a little too chatty to anyone else though?