Borderlands

Pringer X · 1891

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: November 19, 2009, 04:45:33 AM
Well, I finally got a copy of the game, and I have to say, it ain't half bad. The music's nice and fits with the scenery, the landscape is pretty barren, but considering how that's half the point, at the very least it fits with the game. The story's almost non-existent (you're a treasure hunter but let's face it, you're playing the game to blow [parasitic bomb] up, and gives you a number of options to tear a new one in everything you see), and the number of characters are fairly low, but overall it's an interesting game.

So what are your thoughts on the game? Where are you at, what character did you pick at the start and so on?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 04:54:32 AM
My dad's beaten once (As Soldier), and I just started! (For the fact that I wanted Soldier for regenerative bullets, but gotten Sniper due to an odd roullete by Joypad, you guessed it, the Sniper)  XD

I've been doing well for my class, getting those headshots as Sniper. Made a few levels too.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:00:19 AM
My dad's beaten once (As Soldier), and I just started! (For the fact that I wanted Soldier for regenerative bullets, but gotten Sniper due to an odd roullete by Joypad, you guessed it, the Sniper)  XD

I've been doing well for my class, getting those headshots as Sniper. Made a few levels too.

I freakin' LOVE the Hunter XD The skills he gets on the Sniper side are freakin' awesome. Exp Boost, Damage boost after killing to make mobbing easier, and making head shots with the sniper rifle are freakin' amazing (that and the amount of damage snipers do when they strike a critical hit/head-shot is enough to take out almost half the enemies HP at the least). I want to know when exactly you can mod weapons though, unless modding is nothing more than seeing various stat differences and changing what your grenade does. I love the shotguns as well, they round out the damage end so that if far away, pelt with sniper, and upclose blast with shotgun (though, I'm not sure if I like the Wave Shotgun since you have to be at point-blank to get the entire effect, whereas others give you SOME space to work with to deal a ton of damage).

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 05:08:47 AM
Oh yes, setting up Skrags for the kill this way are helluva fun, especially close-range combat. Quick jabs at close enemies and they are done.

.. It's just one of those games that just don't need a sequel, it's fine where it is... yeah, it's just one of those shooters.  owob

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:39:15 PM
Nice game. Could be better, but the basics are fun. Needs more variety on enemies and scenery.

I have a Level 38 Soldier, waiting for someone to go with through playthrough 2

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 01:49:43 AM
i played this at a friend's house a while ago, i really enjoyed it

brick looks like the heavy with less sandvich

squemp

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 07:43:00 AM
I'm sort of going through with the Siren. I'm level 35 or so, although I only really play with other people... kinda dull alone.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 07:50:18 AM
If you have it on 360, and have a Gold Account, play with Lou!  He has the game.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 02:09:09 AM
If you have it on 360, and have a Gold Account, play with Lou!  He has the game.

I'd love to, but as far as my 360 is concerned, I'm internet less until I buy an adapter for the thing :\

I'm starting to REALLY love the hunter now. I have access to the final set of Sniper skills and if the pattern continues at this rate, the final skill at lv. 5 allows me to completely ignore an enemy's shield 100% of the time, which is great for ones that have a 'wave' effect or are really powerful but the actual HP is pathetic.