Incarnate = Bleach?

Flame · 16651

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: February 25, 2010, 07:18:26 AM
Some may have heard of a new Manga by Nick Simmons, son of Kiss member Gene Simmons. Its called "Incarnate".

Seems though, that ol Nicky might be ripping off dat Bleach.

http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/02/25/bleach-ripped-off-by-american-comic-artist-nick-simmons/

Some scenes are more than a little similar.

from wikipedia
Fans are voicing concerns that the contents of his comic book series Incarnate were copied from various other sources. Simmons is accused of plagiarizing character designs, fight scenes, plot segments, dialogue, poses and expressions from both professional and amateur artists, specifically from both published manga and from art communities such as DeviantArt.

Possibly copied material includes popular mangas Bleach, Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, NANA, Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, Deadman Wonderland, One Piece and online artist Rae

The author has made no statements addressing this plagiarism at this time. However, VIZ Media, the American publisher of the Bleach manga, is currently looking into the matter and has "a team on it". Kubo Tite, the author of Bleach, has made a tweet acknowledging the plagiarism.

Discuss?

EDIT: The Nickko'sDA for your trolling pleasure. http://letsleepinggodslie.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:47:54 AM by Flame »

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:22:15 AM
Still not as bad as Narubo.  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:28:52 AM
lol forgot all about that. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:31:15 AM
Looks too similar. I smell a lawsuit.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 07:39:56 AM

If this one is seriously real...XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 09:01:14 PM
Oh Jesus, I caught on to this so late, but some of the stuff I saw is [tornado fang]ing hilarious. I also love how Kubo handled the whole situation. XD

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 09:14:12 PM
Can´t blame him. Everyone wants a Kenpachi in their comics :P
Oh Jesus, I caught on to this so late, but some of the stuff I saw is [tornado fang]ing hilarious. I also love how Kubo handled the whole situation. XD
What did Kubo do?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 09:17:21 PM
Kubo basically addressed the people following him saying he had been informed about this issue from beforehand and things were going along as they should. Then he makes an offhand comment stating that he's actually more concerned about the fact that Gene Simmon's kid is a mangaka than the whole plagiarism issue. XD

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:01 PM
Manga by son of Kiss member Gene Simmons.
ಠ_ಠ

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 09:25:22 PM
Haha, gotta love plagirisim. A "[tornado fang] you" to the writers and the fans. I personally find this hilarious (Personally, I don't care for VIZ and Shonen Jump). God, reminds me of the spanish mangas.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 10:02:29 PM
*falls out of his chair, roaring with laughter*

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 10:11:41 PM
Kubo basically addressed the people following him saying he had been informed about this issue from beforehand and things were going along as they should. Then he makes an offhand comment stating that he's actually more concerned about the fact that Gene Simmon's kid is a mangaka than the whole plagiarism issue. XD
Wait, he's more worried about this guy being a mangaka than he is about his work getting stolen? Wow, yet another major difference between America and Japan.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 11:11:07 PM
*joins Ky in laughter*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 07:58:03 AM
ಠ_ಠ
Kubo said in his second Twitter post that he is more interested in the fact that Gene Simmons' son is a comic creator, as opposed to whether there was actual copying or not.
http://twitter.com/tite_kubo/status/9607576469

I lol'd pretty hard.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 08:07:48 AM
Who would want to copy that [parasitic bomb]?

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 08:41:33 AM
Who would want to copy that [parasitic bomb]?
Nick Simmons!

I found he has a DA account...
I added it to the first post in case anyone wants to troll him.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 08:51:44 AM
Nick Simmons!

That figures.
But still...

Bleach of all things.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 09:00:23 AM
Oh dont worry. He seems to have copied the ART from bleach, but in terms of characters and story, and in some scenes, he's copied stuff like Hellsing, One piece, and a shitload of others as well. but more subtly.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 07:26:30 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAAHAHAHA!

Jesus Christ, this is some funny ass [parasitic bomb]. I used to do stuff like this, when I was like, what? Ten?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:02 PM
Oh dont worry. He seems to have copied the ART from bleach, but in terms of characters and story, and in some scenes, he's copied stuff like Hellsing, One piece, and a shitload of others as well. but more subtly.
So basically he's made an original story?
In so far that it's possible to make something original (spoiler: it isn't).
Wait, he's more worried about this guy being a mangaka than he is about his work getting stolen? Wow, yet another major difference between America and Japan.
or maybe it's a difference from person to person

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 09:27:07 PM
Its funny because you would expect someone like him to be into music and be with a band or something, and yet here he is, ripping off Bleach instead.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 09:31:24 PM
Still, you gotta hand it to him, he does a good job at ripping off another guy's art style. Or is it really easy and I just suck?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 11:12:17 PM
He just wants to plagiarize all night and make profit everyday.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 12:19:45 AM
Whats funny, is that the art on his DA look NOTHING like the comic. (sorta proving he actually sucks,) But then again, he doesnt have much, aside from a few bad sketches and a bad shoop.

Archer

Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 11:37:12 PM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/02/gene_simmons_kid_nick_is_a_comic_creator_a_doucheb.php
"Listen everyone... you're all digging your own graves posting on this forum. Facebook is looking into suspending this page and issuing any warnings for slander against me. I can't make this any clearer... I DID NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK!! I may have appropriated some styles, but I did not steal. My work is full... of homages to everyone in my medium - not theft! You guys are just a bunch of mean spirited mouth-breathers - except all my fans on here who have rightfully supported me. I will ask Facebook not to press any charges against you if you give me a sincere apology here in this thread. Please do so. Facebook keeps all your IP addresses and info... so they will suspend your account if I do not receive proper apologies."

• "Okay.. now looking at some of these photo comparisons, I can see why a few people are up-in-arms. I can tell you right now these are all purely coincidences. I never even heard of Bleach! Who would name a comic after laundry detergent? When I channel my energy when drawing my book sometimes I can pull stuff in that I never seen before. It's like i'm possessed when I start thinking and drawing. Perhaps I just got on the same wave length that all artists share. My dad just called and said I have a real case against all this slander. If Facebook doesn't give into my demands soon there's going to be hell to pay. Now, I have to damage control on another site - more people being mislead. Now I have to deal with this and my book's deadline. I'm not sure how I can think and draw under all this pressure."

• "I have no idea how people are saying my comic looks like that bleach magma. My book is in color and the other is not. My book reads left to right... the other reads right to left. Besides some vague similarities, they're nothing alike. I put my heart and soul into my book - great story and awesome characters... yet people are trying to pull me down. And NO... I didn't trace or copy other peoples work. Most of these photos are starting to look like photoshop manipulations to make me look bad. You can't trust everything you see on the Internet."