22XX: Grand Tournament

blackbeltdude · 24176

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: January 09, 2009, 03:50:34 AM
Hey everyone! I'm not posting something fake this time!

I've posted about this game here before, but you know... forums die and stuff... so, here it is again.

Here's some screens of the game:

Here's the post the programmer, Inch, made over at Sprites Inc:

Quote from: Inch
Hey everyone,

The long wait is over!!!! 22XX: Grand Tournament demo 2.5 is FINALLY complete! With NEW challengers, more stages and for the first time in 22XXGT a boss character has been introduced. But that's enough of the epic talk from me :P, here's what you've guys been waiting for.

Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/181246107/22XXGT.zip.html

Megaupload    
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1ZP3PAJ

I'd like to thank all of the people who have contributed to this game, whether it may be characters or not. I'd like to thank the fans for their never-ending support just reading "I can't for this demo", really makes the effort we put into this game worthwhile :).

A few things I gotta mention, as this demo was supposed to be Demo 3 :p, there's still things that still need working out and things that need to be added in. Whenever we get the chance we will post small updates to you guys. Like right now Axl and Worenx are still incomplete so when they're done we'll upload the demo again for you guys to try them out. Blackbeltdude and I noticed that the game freezes from time to time, if this happens to you please refrain from making a post of you complaining that it freezes, as we're still figuring out why it keeps doing it :P.

Anyways, enjoy the demo, hope to see loads of responses and maybe some YouTube videos >.>. Oh, one last thing GOOD LUCK with trying to defeat Omega Zero. :p

And here's my post I made after that:

Quote from: Blackbeltdude
Just thought I'd mention the game takes a bit of time to load once you open it. ;)

Also, it'll load inbetween fights if you're X or about to fight him (because he's got an extra bit of code where he needs to check the other character).

But yeah, we're really glad for all the support you guys gave us! We hope you enjoy Demo 2.5!

We'll wind up posting updates too; one for when Worenx and Axl are ready, another for some stages, and bonus stages.

We still have a fair amount to put into demo 3, so please look forward to it!

Ah, and just before I forget... Inch and I want to thank any of the guys at forums we aren't posting at, but still want to play the demo! We've found a few through google searches (I know there's a Vietnamese forum that wants to play the game). ;)

Have fun, and good luck beating the boss! Some characters are going to have an easier time than others, but it's very possible to beat the boss. If you do manage to beat him, wait until after the credits to see the characters who'll be in the final version of the game!

EDIT: Ah, one more thing. We recomend using the keys ASD ZXC for the attack buttons, if you won't be using a controller. Keep in mind you'll have to assign second player's keys aswell, since they overlap with those commands.

So, we hope you guys like the demo!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:52:28 AM
Oh very cool. =o

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 04:09:07 AM
Awesome, this is a Megaman MUGEN game, right? First time I see one.

I'll download it and see how it is =D

Posted on: January 08, 2009, 09:06:06 PM
Oh, and the Rapidshare link is down btw.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 04:19:44 AM
Ah, thanks for letting us know Rapidshare is toast! Inch is re-uploading it.

And yeah, it's a Mugen game. But we locked the game up, so no one can access the assets of the game.

EDIT: Rapidshare link is fixed now!

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 04:39:53 AM
VERY nifty looking! Definitely going to check this one out.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:18:54 AM
A few things I quickly found during Training mode with Axl:

-His Axl Bullets won't hit if you're right next to the opponent.
-While air dashing, sometimes he'll leave a "clone" (no, not an afterimage) that stays in the air for the rest of the round.

Other:
-Is Atomic Butterfly supposed to turn black & green while falling?

Posted on: January 08, 2009, 10:55:52 PM
Uh, do you think you could leave us a movelist or something? It's hard to test stuff if you don't know what to do  -u-'

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 06:29:38 AM
When can we expect other visual updates?  Specifically other characters, and/or bosses.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:01 AM
Uh, do you think you could leave us a movelist or something? It's hard to test stuff if you don't know what to do  Nervous Laugh

Heh, well, you can take MOST of the characters to the training room in training mode and find some or all of their moves (except supers). But, if the first screen of the game is any indication, we want the game to kind of be like the arcade. Instead of looking up the moves, you've got to ask your friends how to pull them off, and help each other out.

Either way, there's only a handful that are pretty tricky, and I think the training room shows what they are. Many characters will use the same motions as other characters for their super and special moves...

When can we expect other visual updates?  Specifically other characters, and/or bosses.

If you manage to beat the game, you'll see what is tentatively the final roster, including some bosses (not their final forms though). But we've got plenty of other stuff planned for the game (side scrolling sections, bonus stages... quite a few things).

And yes, we didn't have time to polish up the characters, because we wanted to release the demo around new years. However, we'll be posting constant updates up to demo 3.0, which will include fixes to these glitches in the game (we think we know all of them, but point out others just in case!).

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 04:54:50 PM
Heh, well, you can take MOST of the characters to the training room in training mode and find some or all of their moves (except supers). But, if the first screen of the game is any indication, we want the game to kind of be like the arcade. Instead of looking up the moves, you've got to ask your friends how to pull them off, and help each other out.

Either way, there's only a handful that are pretty tricky, and I think the training room shows what they are. Many characters will use the same motions as other characters for their super and special moves...

I can see that, it's just that I had no idea how I pulled out Axl's special (which btw has a graphic glitch I think).

Also, what's Zero's special supposed to do? It just stabs them, does low damage, and that's it?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 05:03:55 PM
So many empty slots in the chara selection screen?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 06:49:18 PM
More things:

-Reaver.O's first special (hcf+1) is [tornado fang]ing overpowered at close range, it does about 95% of damage. You may want to fix that. Also, I just noticed it didn't drain my super bar. You REALLY need to fix it.
-WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! Seriously? Awesome, Omega Zero is Dio Brando. XD
-Speaking of Omega Zero, his mugshot didn't show in the first round.
-Is it even possible to defeat him if he transforms?!
-I think it's safe to say you guys created a monster XD

Posted on: January 09, 2009, 11:20:58 AM
Just finished it, pretty good game. Omega was very overpowered, but that's how endbosses are. After watching the credits, I'm looking forward to the finished product.

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 01:10:37 AM
I can see that, it's just that I had no idea how I pulled out Axl's special (which btw has a graphic glitch I think).

Also, what's Zero's special supposed to do? It just stabs them, does low damage, and that's it?

Axl's is just left over coding from X's. :P He's incomplete, but once he's done, that'll be gone.

Zero's just needs finished. :P

So many empty slots in the chara selection screen?

If you can beat the game, Acid, you'll see who'll fill them. ;)

More things:

-Reaver.O's first special (hcf+1) is [tornado fang]ing overpowered at close range, it does about 95% of damage. You may want to fix that. Also, I just noticed it didn't drain my super bar. You REALLY need to fix it.
-WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! Seriously? Awesome, Omega Zero is Dio Brando. Laughing
-Speaking of Omega Zero, his mugshot didn't show in the first round.
-Is it even possible to defeat him if he transforms?!
-I think it's safe to say you guys created a monster Laughing

Yeah, we haven't done a lot of character tweaking yet, but we will. And yeah, the WRRRYYYYYY was Inch's idea, and was totally awesome. Sometimes his mug shot glitches like that... we plan on fixing it. And it is possible to defeat him, but it's tough!

And we're glad you're looking forward to more! :)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 01:11:46 AM
If you can beat the game, Acid, you'll see who'll fill them. ;)

OH YEAH? IS THAT A CHALLENGE? SOUNDED LIKE A CHALLENGE TO ME!

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 01:16:43 AM
OH YEAH? IS THAT A CHALLENGE? SOUNDED LIKE A CHALLENGE TO ME!

Maybe!  >BD

Really though, give it a shot. :P Some people think it's easy, others think it's practically impossible.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 01:30:06 AM
I like X's techniques.

The controls are pretty awesome.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 01:32:30 AM
I beat the game twice with X, didn't unlock Omega Zero. Also, the AI likes to get hit by GREEN SPINNER FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE a lot. Omega Zero's usual form is piece of cake once you learn his attacks are overpowered. White Omega goes down once he falls down just Z-Saber him and it's certain K.O. I WTF'ed at Golden Omega and beat the [parasitic bomb] out of me, though. It's like half invisible...

Needs some good blocking effects

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 01:40:12 AM
Something funny happened. I totally punched WorenX into the sky. Then, he suddenly stopped. And started ascending. He kept ascending and eventually hit the ground.

But his journey wasn't over oh no! He transmigrated THROUGH the floor! I think he became one with the planet since he did not return.

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 01:46:57 AM
Something funny happened. I totally punched WorenX into the sky. Then, he suddenly stopped. And started ascending. He kept ascending and eventually hit the ground.

But his journey wasn't over oh no! He transmigrated THROUGH the floor! I think he became one with the planet since he did not return.

Yup, Worenx is really glitchy right now. He'll be fixed and complete in the next update we post though.

I beat the game twice with X, didn't unlock Omega Zero. Also, the AI likes to get hit by GREEN SPINNER FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE a lot. Omega Zero's usual form is piece of cake once you learn his attacks are overpowered. White Omega goes down once he falls down just Z-Saber him and it's certain K.O. I WTF'ed at Golden Omega and beat the [parasitic bomb] out of me, though. It's like half invisible...

Needs some good blocking effects

You can't unlock Omega Zero. :P Sometime after demo 3.0 though, Inch and I might release a version where you can be though. And yes, we didn't have a lot of time to fine tune some aspects of some characters, since we wanted it out by New Years. But, we'll update the game to fix that. Omega being knocked down will also be modified so he's harder to kill, and Golden Omega so he's slightly easier to.

And we actually a few effects to throw in... >.>
I like X's techniques.

The controls are pretty awesome.

Thanks! Try charging your buster first and then see what happens!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 02:45:00 PM
Man, this was fun...
Omega Zero was easy in his first form, I used X's... that gravity sphere thingie... XD

Though the Omega form totally squished me like a bug...
So, I have to first hit his body to reveal the green in his chest, so that he falls down and then I can deal damage to him?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 01:52:42 AM
I love this game. keep up the good stuff.
hey, BBD, I once saw most of the characters from this game as Downloadable characters for Mugen... mostly this starting roster. (Minus X and Axl I think...) and I was wondering if it was authorized by you guys. m guessing not since they didnt work all that right... (theres like a few minute pause when you beat then before mugen finally says "ko", but...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 02:20:00 AM
So, I have to first hit his body to reveal the green in his chest, so that he falls down and then I can deal damage to him?

That's right! But if you aim a bit higher, you can also damage him that way...

hey, BBD, I once saw most of the characters from this game as Downloadable characters for Mugen... mostly this starting roster. (Minus X and Axl I think...) and I was wondering if it was authorized by you guys. m guessing not since they didnt work all that right... (theres like a few minute pause when you beat then before mugen finally says "ko", but...

That would be completely unauthorized. :P They won't work properly in other people's games since there's a lot of custom coding in ours, but that didn't stop people from using our assets. That's why we locked up the game this time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 02:26:40 AM
Thought so. I noticed that this game does that thing where you deliver the killing nlow once you beat an enemy right?  in Mugen, it waits for you to do that, but once the match ends, you cant move, so it stays like that untill the game says ko after a while.
though I MUST say, that using that Zero was pretty awesome, esspecially since he has two different saber comboes. against most other mugen characters it was [twin slasher]. but anyway, when I saw this game, i was like, OHHHHH, so thats where they had come from...
if I knew where they came from, I would tell you, but I had gotten them from my friends Mugen. that and I dont even have mugen anymore, so i cant check.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 08:01:04 AM
That's right! But if you aim a bit higher, you can also damage him that way...
Oh, no wonder hitting his head seemed to work... XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.