Mega Man PC: CRORQ Chronicles - HELP NEEDED!

Brahman · 6969

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: March 09, 2011, 08:20:02 AM

I'm not sure how many people remember this project, but around the summer of 2008, I started working on a project to completely redo BOTH of the DOS games in the Mega Man series.  The general idea was to combine them both into one fluid game, editing the stage-select to have 9 robot masters available from the start, and adding in some of the Dreamworks bosses as fortress baddies.

Well, for personal and work-related reasons, the project has come to a stand-still since late-2009 or so.

Right now, all of the music has been completed, all of the sprite work and all has been done, and we've got a good layout for how the story (such as it is) should play out in the game.

The problem is that I myself no longer have time to work on this project, so I am hoping to find someone that is skilled at game design, and who has the free time, to pick up this project and see to it's completion.  I think the fans deserve that much.

If you are interested, feel free to reply to this thread.  However, it may be faster to simply email me at:  jesseebrownjr@gmail.com

Thanks!

Offline chimera_king

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:15 PM
I remember it; there is even a TV Trope http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MegaManTheCRORQChronicles about it! I was wondering what happened, wish I could do more then just remember ....I kind of suck at art and had to look for artists, musicians, and XML help lol. BUT I am supportive and would gladly play test for you :)

----

Depending on the engine however I could take a look into coding!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:47:44 PM by chimera_king »

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:20:50 AM
I never saw that thing at TV Tropes...

Anyway, I'm pretty swamped in real-life, so what I'd like to do is get all the files (grahpics, sprites, music, etc.) to someone who has the time and skill to finish this and let them take the reigns, with little guidance, and get the project finished.  Hopefully someone who is interested and has the skill will want to do so.

If you really want to take a look at it, I can always send the files to you.

Offline Phi-Zero

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:43:20 PM
Long time no see Brahman!  You're not the only one who's been super-busy. X(
In case you don't remember, i was one of the guys who chipped out a bit at the beginning, but once my college semester started up i couldn't devote much of my time anymore.

Anyway, did you know that there's another remake project of the Mega Man PC games going on?  Here's the URL: http://www.dimondsoft.com/mmpc/index.php?pid=1

In order for this to work, you really need a team behind you.  At this point i think you have two options.  You can scrap the project, which would be a damn shame in my opinion.  Or you could pool your resources with these guys.  Assuming you still have all the development data so far and don't need to wrangle Gauntlet or Eric the Red for it, i think they would be pretty impressed with what you've done so far.

Now granted they have a bit of a different vision for their project, but even if all the sprite work needs to get updated to match their MM7-style, that's way better than just letting all that work go to waste.

I really hope you get a chance to read this! :D