Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:55 AM
No this isn't a game.  >3<
I play alot of games. RPG, Racing, Sports... and MMO's. Question is... what do you play?
There are tons of various games. World of Warcraft,Luna Online,Champions Online and Hello Kitty Online.
Me? I play World of Warfact. Altough that has gotten boring as of late because of lack of content. However 3.3 is just around the corner.
Now i did see the Luna Online thread, and i did play it before you guys even talked about it. But it had some stuff i hated. Cash shops's and trade spam.
The usual things.
But, enough of that. Know of any good games to try out? What are you playing and why?

Discussion of various MMORPG's.

I recommend WoW, Grand Chase and LaTale.
WoW, for it's massive Quests and Content.
Grand Chase, for it's fast paced combat.
And Latale for it's 2D fighting. Dragonica is another fine example.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:34:38 PM
I'm playing the most life-like 3D MMORPG with stunning visuals and a feast for all the senses.
It's called Real Life. *shot*

Ok, ok, seriously, I've never played a MMORPG.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:41:07 PM
I stopped playing MMORPG because the games slows down my computer. So, I only played Web-Browser games like Runescape, DragonFable, Mechquest or AQWorlds. If you want to know what MMORPG games I played, I played:

Scions of Fate:
My first MMORPG game. I had no idea why I like it. But I stopped it because my sister said so, and boring of lvling up for just killing monsters everyday.

Runescape:
Easily bored after finishing all the quest except one last quest. Most fun stuff always goes to the members. I only come back when there's holiday events like Halloween, Christmas etc...

AQWorlds:
Well, I stopped because of boredom also, but there are lots of events I missed. It has a storyline of Good and Evil. I might come back someday.

Luna Online:
My last downloadable MMORPG. Well, how could I say this? It's boring. Lvling up and killing monsters, yeah. Well atleast there are some quest that can do it again, and what does the dating system do?

FusionFall:
Well, I played it on my sis's computer. :P Yeah, they bring old Cartoon Network characters. There are lots of quests to do to keep you busy, but the only bad thing is... you can only lvl up to lvl 4! I really want to see the other characters, like Mac and Bloo! ;^;

Yeah, that's all I played.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:05:23 AM
Alright, here's some MMO stuff..

City of Heroes to Xteel.

- CoH

- Adventure Quest Worlds

- etc. (Grand Chase, Maplestory, Fourm RPGs (yes, there are fourms that make and mantain thier MMORPGs).. you know the drill)

I've done MMO gaming, but eh. most of these felt like a long and tedious campaign mode from a shooter.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 04:13:48 AM
I dabbled in the likes of City of Heroes for a summer, few years back. After that, I lost interest.

Until MMOs do more to stop being what they've always been, grind-fests? I'm not likely going to take the genre seriously. I've got plenty enough games that can do more to take over a good portion of my life, and except in some rare cases, I DON'T have to keep paying for them.  8D

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 04:19:05 AM
It's not exactly an MMORPG, but I used to play Club Penguin (back in 2006, I believe).

Other than that, the only Online Games I play are First Person Shooters.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 04:45:14 AM
I have an on off thing with mabinogi, if only my friends could get, its always funner with friends, I remember one dorky time I saved a girl from a legion of these black armored soldiers, ah, good times. Same thing with maplestory, but last time I played was....sometime, they gave me one of those "COME BAAACK" emails, wish the peole from mabinogi got one, downloaded it again.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 04:48:17 AM
I played Fiesta for 3-4 days... then I never touched it again.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 04:48:58 AM
I've only really played 2 MMORPGs
-Maple Story
A friend of mine told me about it. I had fun at the beginning, but for some reason I lost all interest when I reached level 10.

-Pirate King Online/Tales of Pirates
Now this one I dedicated a lot more time. I have no idea what this game has that made me like it so much, I mean, it's your usual MMORPG grindfest with tons of fetch quests, but I just kept playing day after day after day...until Christmas time when I completely forget about every other game that is not one of my presents.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 04:52:30 AM
I've only really played 2 MMORPGs
-Maple Story
A friend of mine told me about it. I had fun at the beginning, but for some reason I lost all interest when I reached level 10.

I lost interest aorund 25 when it became so tedious to grind grind grind, and I wanted to become an assasain class, my friend told me it gets fun when you can do PQ's but 500 hours of grind aint worth it, I despise it. BURN BURN BUUUURN!!!

Offline FalconRD

• Net Navi
  • Mostly Comptetent Gaming
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 01:14:18 PM
I played World of Warcraft once.

once.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 02:11:38 PM
-Pirate King Online/Tales of Pirates
Now this one I dedicated a lot more time. I have no idea what this game has that made me like it so much, I mean, it's your usual MMORPG grindfest with tons of fetch quests, but I just kept playing day after day after day...until Christmas time when I completely forget about every other game that is not one of my presents.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 03:06:08 PM
I spend more time editing this character then playing the game.  :'(

Champions Online - Airon

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 05:59:41 PM
Last year and this summer I played a lot of City of Heroes. Now, a few of my friend bullied me into getting World of Warcraft. When it comes to how much I play, it's not one of the options. I play maybe about an hour each day--if that. I'm a very casual player.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 12:51:01 AM
AQ worlds I kepe playing for the fact no download and I have lotsa friends playing it, but thats almost all I play it for.
Last year and this summer I played a lot of City of Heroes. Now, a few of my friend bullied me into getting World of Warcraft. When it comes to how much I play, it's not one of the options. I play maybe about an hour each day--if that. I'm a very casual player.
My friend let me play this game, I hated it , boring, slow paced, graphics suck especcially since I would be paying monthly, hell no im not gonna pay for this carp for brains. Another friend of mine plays, ALOT. He has like, 3-5 level 80's and hes only had this for a year, almost everytime I visit him he is playing, I think hes a wasting his time, but thats just my opinion, people probly pay becuase they worked so hard and have so many friends on it

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 01:58:19 AM
You are right about one thing: World of Warcraft has to be played with other people. After all, it is an MMORPG. Not only that, though, I think you need to know who you are playing with IRL too.

When it comes to the pace of the game, if you know what you're doing, it actually is pretty fast. Also, there isn't any grind. The experience is very quest-oriented, so you always feel like you're getting something done. You don't just run around a map and smack things for hours. If you are trying to level like that, the pace is obscenely slow. Since World of Warcraft is so story-based, if you aren't questing, the game pretty much punishes you for it. The monsters don't give you that great of EXP compared to quests. You can easily get to Level 10 in about two hours or so. That's pretty much a single session--at least for me. After that, if you keep questing, you'll keep a good leveling pace. The problem is that if you don't use things like the auction house and professions effectively, you're going to struggle a lot.

Besides, World of Warcraft is a pretty expansive game. No one is forcing you to go fast or go slow. You don't even really need to level very much to be successful. There's events always going on, you can work on your various professions, or PvP. I'm not much of a PvPer, though.

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of World of Warcraft, either. That was way back in the day, when I was just playing it by myself, though. I wasn't really sure where to go or what to do. Without someone there to explain the basics of the game and help me out with the more advanced game mechanics, anyone would have a rough time. Luckily, I did have help this time.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 02:38:49 AM
When you say it like that, I am kind of interested into playing this game for a while more, but I would rather not download it, do the trial thing though the fact that if I found friends on it I would have to then really play and get hooked, of course I wouldnt get addicted and all that. I prefe rhaving IRL friends to play with, but my friends who plays it is kinda a  dip when it comes to competition and stuff like this. Plus my other friends are as cheap as I am, plus one of them is one out of 4 children and they share one computer with thier sis, three boys, one sister, and the computer is in the sisters room, so they almost never get to use it, I wish I could play mabinogi with people I knew, like outside the game. That would be nice, being back in the fire after a long day of questing, sharing food with each other trying to master our skills and resting before sunlight returns so we may return to our hunting and slaying and forging, ahhh.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 02:52:07 AM
You commented on the graphics. Well, you have to remember that World of Warcraft is five years old now. Back then, they were okay. Not great, but that was pretty much the limit for MMORPG's back then. Actually, World of Warcraft is pretty good when you remember that people still play the original Starcraft and Warcraft.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 03:41:48 AM
Well I dont bugger much about the graphics, mabinogi has worse, but since its cel-shaded esque I think it works, I only made that point becuase with all these upgrades they do they should at least try and fit in a little grapical upgrade, especially when your paying around 20 bucks a month, or so I heard. Though I wish something of that sort would work but I understand that upgrading graphics is very difficult, though cataclysm would have been a chance to create a new WoW with a better graphics engine, but that would take a long fricking time, ah well, im still not paying for it, I shall stick to mabinogi.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 08:11:46 AM
Oh where do I begin? I play Grand Chase off and on. I also have Trickster, Perfect World, and Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE accounts. I've also played Maplestory once or twice, but I cant get it to download onto my laptop properly.... And I forgot my account information for it.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 08:29:30 AM
The only MMO I play is MegaTen, and currently, I don't play it very often. :V

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:29 PM
CoH was fun for a while. Particularly enjoyed being Cpt Falcon and kicking thugs off high ledges. Too bad there were so few punches in the Martial Arts set.
Still enjoy PlanetSide, though I'm not subscribed, but it's a MMOFPS rather than RPG...
Betatested Champions Online, shitsux.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 09:07:16 PM
4-5 hours a day isn't casual. Casual is playing it for like 2 or 3 weeks at a time, then stopping for a while.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 11:32:51 PM
I played Maplestory for 2 years or so, when it went Open Beta. I can't say I'm proud of that.

I also played RO for a couple months on a low rate pserver with my friends. It was mad fun, because our guild was quite retarded. Whenever we joined our Alliance during War of Emperium periods we would fail miserably, but we laughed to our hearts content. Sadly, the server had some problems and they had to rollback it several times. I did the goddamn Bard Job Change Quest three times or so on my only character and I never went past level 75. Then they resetted the server and we all had to quit. Now whenever I try RO again I always get a Bard, but I quit before I can join a guild.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 01:07:44 PM
Luna Online has so far been the ONLY MMORPG to ever  tempt me to join.
Seriously. And that's sayin' something.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.