Do you think ZX series would sell more if it was on Wii?

ParasiteBirth · 28514

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Yeah.. I've been having these toughts recently.. or since a long time should I say, imagine all those cutscenes, all those stages, all those biometals in a wii game, I personaly think that the ZX Series would have brought more money to Capcom if they made it for wii, the games could have been even better and cooler that way. What do you think guys?

Maybe we could have online interactions like in MM9

-Downloadable Content
-Challenges
-Scores - For the arcade games etc.. -
- Online Battles - Would be epic win -

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:35:06 AM
The only way it would have been acceptable on the Wii is if it was Wiiware. Other than that, I would rather it remain on the DS. Though, I'm sure at some point, there may be a DS to Wii component to perform such, as the GBA and Gamecube did...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:40:21 PM
If they spent proportionally more money on it you mean? I dunno, platformers don't seem to do well nowadays..

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:05:52 AM
I believe we established in another thread that ZX sells fine overseas, it's the Japanese market that was the problem.

Regardless, whether or not ANY MegaMan game would sell better on Wii is really speculation unless there are some MM9 numbers to compare.  In terms of MegaMan in general, yes I believe it'd sell better on the Wii.  MegaMan's as oldschool as Mario, the sooner Capcom stops denying that the better.  But at the same time, I do believe they could be doing more with the franchise.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:08:10 AM
I'd buy it. As for the mass market? It's a gamble.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:53:29 PM
Do you think ZX series would sell more if it was on Wii?
NO.

Though, I'm sure at some point, there may be a DS to Wii component to perform such, as the GBA and Gamecube did...
ZX3 <---> DASH 3

Yes! They can! 8D

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 11:25:03 PM
NO.

Thank you for elaborating this ''NO'' and tell us why.  :P

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 05:06:14 AM
"NO" because first of it will cost more for the production and doesn't change the sad truth that...
platformers don't seem to do well nowadays..

Yeah basically what like Mr. Align mentioned.  :(

*insert my rage with gotta catch them all games*  -_-

But I have hopes that 2D platformers will flourish again. Besides it's just a matter of execution. You can't really say that a game will be more good/sellable just because it's in a better console. ZX series is fine with the DS. It boils down on how they execute it properly. Creativity is the key.

imagine all those cutscenes
Meh, I personally want to get rid of those Anime-ish cutscenes & focus more with the quality of image cutscenes or just simply make a one solid anime-ish intro.

Though I recall that I actually thought similarly before about the future ZX title to be on the Wii. I was day dreaming during that time. That was on the topic where Model Wii pic is I believe.  XD

*insert Livemtal Model Wii pic* anyone?  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:14:31 AM
ZX1 was incredible. Bright, colorful, innovative, it was an all around mind blower megaman game. the music was incredible too, what with Green Grass Graduation being pretty much the theme of Megaman ZX.

then we get a bleak, drably colored, ZXA. with watred down forms, and less exploration. (most of it is more annoying that its worth) and a rip off price for E tanks. ZXA in comparison with ZX was not all that great. Visually anyway. the music was also, while good, not as good as the first game's. with in the wind and soul ablaze possible exceptions.

that's probably why it fell short.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 08:17:08 AM
Now that you mention it you're right ZX did have better graphics and music.  Heck I could never remember the boss music for ZXA because ZX's boss music was way better.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 08:21:33 AM
I see it as - Inti: "We just made a new Rockman series with familiar gameplay but an original way of playing. But, you have to admit, more of the same might get too tiresome. So, let's switch things up abit!" *after release - sales are watched* "... Well. [tornado fang]. That wasn't a good idea. Maybe we should stick to the "tired-and-true" method we used for the Zero series, and Inafune did for the other series.."

If I remember, wasn't Advent released before Rockman 9?  :\

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 08:23:56 AM
If I remember, wasn't Advent released before Rockman 9?  :\
Yeah Advent was realesed in November of 2007 in the US.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 08:31:53 AM
with Model a as that minigame meant to see how players reacted to an 8 bit game.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 08:47:09 AM
Yeah Advent was realesed in November of 2007 in the US.

Ouch ouch ouch!  >3<  X( 2 years of no new ZX game.  ;O;

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 10:01:53 AM
It's a nice thought, to have zx on the wii, but to be honest, I don't see it happening.

Revolutionary

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 11:09:46 AM
with Model a as that minigame meant to see how players reacted to an 8 bit game.

I love the fact that I wrote a wall of text about it in another thread~ ^^ </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 01:47:52 PM
then we get a bleak, drably colored, ZXA. with watred down forms, and less exploration. (most of it is more annoying that its worth) and a rip off price for E tanks. ZXA in comparison with ZX was not all that great. Visually anyway. the music was also, while good, not as good as the first game's. with in the wind and soul ablaze possible exceptions.

Complete and utterly disagreed, Flame. ZXA > ZX in all respects.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 01:58:48 PM
ZX beats ZXA in terms of useful transformations. Half the ones in Advent are completely pointless.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 02:04:06 PM
ZX beats ZXA in terms of useful transformations. Half the ones in Advent are completely pointless.

Except ZX has exactly the same transformation as ZXA, only ZXA has many more added to that.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 02:41:18 PM
Who cares if they added more when all they do is get in the way when you're trying to scroll to a form that's actually useful? Besides, almost all the models from ZX got nerfed in the transition, so they're not really the same anyway. OIS was kinda ridiculous, but at least it gave you a reason to use something other than Zx against bosses. Now there's pretty much no reason to use anything but Zx at any time aside from when stage puzzles demand it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 03:08:37 AM
I think ZX is SUPPOSED to be the "ultimate power form" on the player's end (storywise, anyway), I just wish they'd given it more varied enhancements instead of just offering one new attack and nerfing the rest of the game's arsenal.  The form is basically Z1 Buster/Saber Zero with a superior roll but otherwise crappier saber, no dash roll, damage barrier mechanics tweaked to allow boss raping, and the buster shot tweaked to allow stage-enemy raping.

Complete and utterly disagreed, Flame. ZXA > ZX in all respects.
One cannot deny that ZX > ZXA in arsenal (save for Vent's Rising Fang, anyway).  Otherwise, it's a matter of opinion.

For the most part, I found ZXA to have an all-around superior presentation and variety (not to mention LOCALIZATION, you lazy bastards who silenced the first ZX), but it may not have been the best sequel.  Maybe they thought they were doing something clever with the whole lack-of-numbered-game thing, but I think reducing Vent and Aile to NPCs with Model ZX as an A-Trans was uncalled for.  They could have at least been unlockables.

And of course, there is no "super form" to take the place of Models X and OX.  Evidently unused life gauges suggest they had planned otherwise; they should have stuck to finishing that.  Would have went a lot further than GEM BUSTING, that's for sure.

There are of course, numerous improvements that one shouldn't ignore.  Perhaps most appreciated is the ability to rematch non-animaloid bosses in the minigame menu (although earning that right through Survival Road is a hell of a time).

Side-quests were a mixed bag.  The organization of the quests themselves was improved, but the one-way Trans Servers made completing a lot of them rather tedious.  Chip distribution is also horrid as half the game's library isn't even available until after you're on a Clear file.  In that manner the game demonstrates as much as the first ZX why New Game Plus shouldn't have been axed.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 03:13:11 AM
One for the topic:

I think whenever a game sells badly it's because of bad marketing.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 03:15:26 AM
When does MegaMan NOT have bad marketing?

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 03:48:14 AM
Odd think is, I don't remember Advent getting much marketing overseas besides the occasional magazine ad, and yet it did far better than it did in Japan, where it probably got far more marketing.

DAMN YOU KIDS AND YOUR POKEMON AND YU-GI-OH (and other series that inspire collection crap)  O:<

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 11:04:30 PM
I was sure Rockman would have been what kids would buy the most in japan... or at least.. one of the best sellers  O^O

Megaman card games weren't as great as Yu Gi Oh.. Oh Wait!  O:<