Any neat boss fight experiences you would like to share?

OKeijiDragon · 2494

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
So yeah, I'm the kinda player who wants to find creative ways to finish off a boss in games, just because I simply think it looks awesome. <airhead talking>

One day, I played Kingdom Hearts II again from the beginning up till that point where you fought the Twilight Thorn. I got it's HP down to 1, but I didn't land a finishing move on it. It played that Reaction Command sequence for the final time, but after when Roxas throws that Keyblade at the boss and falls back to the ground, the boss lands on his head and is defeated, to my surprise. The head slam counted as a Finisher, while Roxas is still lying on the floor! I laughed so hard at that.

If it will make any more sense, I have it all on video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSw53drbvIA

So to reiterate the question: Do any of you recall any interesting boss fight experiences that you would like to share? (Examples: Won the boss with 1HP with no items, miraculous victory in the end, seemingly good battle turned upside down, sudden stupid death by accident, etc.)

(Yeah, it 12:30AM here, gotta get to bed. zzzz)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:14:46 AM
Final Boss fight in Stryder. Double K.O. but since I´ve killed that SOAB first the ending credit started rolling and I was all like "Yep, I´ve beaten the game without actually beating it"
I have also defeated dr. Weil´s final form in Z4 with Z-buster only (Ok, I´ve used the burning shot ex-skill which can hurt Weil even with his shield on, but who cares :P).
After I´ve defeated Master Hand in SSB with C. Falcon I think, I´ve fell down the arena, but still have won the match :D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:31:30 PM
the hilight of my Mega Man X5 8boss speedrun: Segment 7: Zero Space 1. the luck i got on the Black Devil was so amazing, it threw me off guard.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:21:07 PM
Not even Wesker stood a chance against the power of the infinite rocket launcher.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:40:47 PM

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 10:58:14 PM
I beat Dream Devourer in 4 hits with Robo Only (All 4 were critical hits.).

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 01:07:02 AM
Clock Tower Nemesis RE3, Knife only.

Never again.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 01:13:37 AM
The first time me and my friend passed Megaman 2 on normal, we laughed at how fast you could take out Metal Man with only one shot of a Metal Blade.  8D

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 05:47:44 PM
Yesterday during the second round of Graduation Party-ing, we all smoked TMNTIV:TiT on Hard without using even one continue. My buds were on "00" for lives, but I was pummeling Super Shredder, then, SLAMMED the Special Attack button for the last hit, he goes down!

**** YEAH!

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 05:56:36 PM
well they aren't really boss fights, but in the Hitman series i just love to find and execute my targets in the most extravagant manner i can~

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 08:03:12 PM
1. Killing The End by shooting him in the head before the starts actually starts.

2. Killing The End by playing with the calender of the Playstation.

Also:

Killing Audrey by shooting her with an egg before Kamek makes her grow.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 08:12:50 PM
-I´ve defeated the final boss of Mafia using the 1911 Colt.
-I´ve defeated the final boss of Mafia using up all 50 bullets of the Thompson without missing once and without stopping the fire......the bastard still survives that....such a cheap bastard....
-Not sure if it counts as boss fight...but in one mission of Mafia, after you´ve cleared a motel full of mobs, you have to get a guy who ran off with your money and he took a car. You have to take your car and get him. But I´ve said screw the car chase, took my Thompson and blew up the car with it.....the money survived  8D

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 09:22:05 PM
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, X mode on Hard. I had brought my PSP to summer school class to show it to my Megaman fan of a physical science teacher, and decided to fight the final boss during a five minute break. Being ignorant and messing around, I didn't realize that my subtanks were all empty. Got hit alot, had about 5-7 units of life left for Sigma's final form. And I absolutely pwned the crap out of Final Sigma, no damage, no mistakes. Finished up and viewed the whole ending before the five minute bell rang.  :D

Also, it IS possible to hit Sigma's final form with the Hadoken, at least in MHX. Oh, the expression my face when I used Sting Chamelon's invincibility charge and one-shot-killed Sigma.  XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 11:17:15 PM
In X5, the Shadow Devil would do the 1-Hit Kill move on Lou.  He did it about 20 times before Lou finally beat him.

When I played after him, he didn't do it once and I beat him!   8D

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 11:24:47 PM
i never make it to any bosses.