What Anime are you Currently Watching?

Satoryu · 464591

Archer

Reply #1575 on: December 13, 2011, 09:08:05 AM
Technically I've started a lot of shows, but I'm not even bothering to watch all of them because I'm lazy. Or the shows themselves are just plain boring (looking at you Kimi to Boku., whatever possessed me to start you I have no idea.)

What I'm actually currently watching is Fate/Zero, Persona 4 the Animation, Shakugan no Shana III and The iDOLM@STER (lol).

I'll get around to the others... eventually. Or maybe I'll just start something on my backlog instead, it's growing quite big.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1576 on: December 14, 2011, 01:21:55 AM
Episode 11 of Fate/zero was fantastic to say the least. Great dialog there. But goddamn, like 80% of the episode had horrid animation.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1577 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:15 PM
What animation?

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #1578 on: December 17, 2011, 08:30:39 AM
Just finished Steins;Gate.

Don't take it lightly when I say THIS IS THE GREATEST ANIME IN EXISTENCE!!!  *o* *o* *o* *o*

Disclaimer: I haven't watched Baccano nor Cowboy Bebop yet.  -_-

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Archer

Reply #1579 on: December 17, 2011, 08:55:46 AM
THIS IS THE GREATEST ANIME IN EXISTENCE!!!  *o* *o* *o* *o*

No, it's really not.

I don't see what either of those shows have to do with being the greatest anime in existence.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1580 on: December 17, 2011, 09:09:40 AM
Just finished Steins;Gate.

Don't take it lightly when I say THIS IS THE GREATEST ANIME IN EXISTENCE!!!  *o* *o* *o* *o*

Protip: cut down on the emotes.
Also you may think its the greatest, its a matter of opinion, I personally haven't gotten to it yet.

Finally catching up on Madoka, I'm going for 3 episodes a day, so tomorrow I'll be halfway through it.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1581 on: December 17, 2011, 01:32:43 PM
I watched the whole thing in two afternoons...my experience was Meh.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1582 on: December 18, 2011, 04:48:39 PM
Going back into MSG, if there are any real good Gundam Series/OVA's that I am missing from my list please recommend them to me so I can add them into the lineup.

Other than that my current standings for my other shows that I am currently watching:

K-ON! (1/24)
Madoka (3/12)
Oreimo (6/15)

I should probably look into making a MAL.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1583 on: December 18, 2011, 10:51:49 PM
K-ON! (1/24)
Madoka (3/12)
Oreimo (6/15)
Just looking at this list alone makes me want to punch kittens.

Anyway.
Steins;Gate might not be the best anime in existence, but... it's a VERY GOOD ANIME. And from what I see, it's also a good adaptation of the visual novel sooo...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1584 on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:49 AM
Yeah, I was planning on getting to that once I finished up with Madoka.

I'm mainly going off of stuff that shows up on /a/ frequently, so apologies if this is kind of a [parasitic bomb] list. Hell if I forget about K-ON again i'm probably going to drop it.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1585 on: December 19, 2011, 01:15:50 AM
Yeah, I was planning on getting to that once I finished up with Madoka.

I'm mainly going off of stuff that shows up on /a/ frequently, so apologies if this is kind of a [parasitic bomb] list. Hell if I forget about K-ON again i'm probably going to drop it.
Don't apologize. After all, it's just a matter of taste.
[spoiler]Even if your taste sucks. ; > [/spoiler]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1586 on: December 23, 2011, 07:29:54 PM
Just Started Zeta Gundam, Apparently from what I've been hearing Episode 11 is blocked off by AnimeChannel on Youtube in the US (Despite the fact that they're using the English Dub.) And apparently Wing was available till they decided to make it private, Gundam 00 is the only other Gundam series available on Youtube at the moment. So Wing, G Gundam, SEED/Destiny, and the OVA's will have to wait until I can locate the Dubbed versions (I've started with dub so I'm not going to switch to Subs for no reason in the middle.)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1587 on: December 23, 2011, 09:33:58 PM
Just Started Zeta Gundam, Apparently from what I've been hearing Episode 11 is blocked off by AnimeChannel on Youtube in the US (Despite the fact that they're using the English Dub.) And apparently Wing was available till they decided to make it private, Gundam 00 is the only other Gundam series available on Youtube at the moment. So Wing, G Gundam, SEED/Destiny, and the OVA's will have to wait until I can locate the Dubbed versions (I've started with dub so I'm not going to switch to Subs for no reason in the middle.)
I take it your GOOGLE-FU is weak, since you have to resort to dem youtewbz.

I'll give you a hint though... ENGLISH DUB KINGDOM.

[spoiler]google it okay?[/spoiler]

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1588 on: December 23, 2011, 09:44:02 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of non-dead Guilty Crown torrents? I was trying to get some off nyaa, but like every [tornado fang]ing one of them is slow as hell or seeders are non-existent.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1589 on: December 24, 2011, 06:22:47 AM
I take it your GOOGLE-FU is weak, since you have to resort to dem youtewbz.

I'll give you a hint though... ENGLISH DUB KINGDOM.

[spoiler]google it okay?[/spoiler]

Yeah, I have issues when googling things, mainly because I almost never find what I am looking for.

EDIT: Ah, this place is heaven for somebody who prefers dubs if they are available. Sure I have to download stuff (Not a big deal since I have the Storage for it, its the download times combined with a shitty internet connection that has a tendency to cut off larger downloads making me have to start from scratch every time.) But other than that this will do nicely.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1590 on: December 30, 2011, 11:53:35 PM
Completed Trigun.

Pretty entertaining watch, although the beginning is boring, It gets interesting later on when you find out the source of Vash's ideals. The characters as a whole don't really leave an impression on me, I found Vash to be the only person to stick out in the entire series. Wolfwood was okay, and Knives was decent. The problem is they focused on Vash's personality and past too often, not leaving room for other characters to develop (Wolfwood was the only other person to change and question his choice of killing). For an anime created in the 90s, the quality is definitely passable and the unique "wild" western feel is appreciated. Overall, I gave the series a solid 8/10.

Along with that, I also completed Trigun: Badlands Rumble. The best thing going for it being the stunningly beautiful animation and detail. As expected from a modern Madhouse production (released 2010). An okay movie, but not nearly as enjoyable as the series. Sure, they captured Vash's personality to act like an idiot and flirt with beautiful women to no end, but the plot and characters undeniably felt boring and sloppy.

I will praise the staff for improving on the western-type atmosphere of Gunsmoke planet. The variety of people in the bars and in the streets have unique traits and quirks to them, which the original series lacked in. Not to mention Vash has a brand new outfit, although it technically makes no sense since this takes place during the series (unless this is an alternate version of the story). I gave it a 7/10. Loved that they maintained the charm from the series, but the terrible filler plot leaves much to be desired. I would've liked them to continue from where the series left off.

Now that those are out of the way, I've started Full Metal Panic, which is shitty so far...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1591 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:48 AM
Hm, what don't you like about FMP so far?

Finishing up Macross Frontier.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1592 on: January 02, 2012, 08:39:53 PM
I marathoned the rest of FMP. Basically, the only somewhat enjoyable character was Sousuke. I hated Kaname to death, seriously, she's one of the most annoying main characters I've seen. Sousuke has to put up with her [parasitic bomb] in every episode. From the story point of view, It's not like this show is trying to avoid the cliche. Same cocky "best friend" and female partner who has to put him in his place. Secret anti-terrorist organization using super-skilled teenagers.

But even with the cliches, an anime can still be well developed and climatic. Unfortunately, this was not the case with FMP. It all felt underwhelming and had a few episodes where I didn't give a [tornado fang] what would happened (like the paintball contest between Tessa and Mao). The ONLY battles I enjoyed were the conflicts between Sousuke and Gauron. Overall, average series, with a handful of decent episodes.

I moved on to FMP: The Second Raid to see if it improved on the first series, and so far, It doesn't disappoint. Animation is beautiful and fluid. Can't judge on story quite yet. But from what I've read about it, Second Raid is the superior series in every way.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1593 on: January 02, 2012, 09:27:31 PM
So I'm gathering that you mainly didn't care for the High-School aspect of the series?
Yeah, Second Raid pretty much eliminates that and goes more for the serious military aspect. Which in my opinion wasn't a great move (I actually liked the High-School Comedy parts.) But Fumoffu took care of the silly aspect of the show so it wasn't really needed (or practical since TSR is only 13 episodes long)
Chances are if they actually put more development into the Whispered storyline the first series could've been more intresting (And Kaname would've had an actual purpose outside of "Tacked on Love Interest who is not very loveable"), but it seems that they completely dropped it with few mentions of it later on (Second Raid... IIRC they only mention it once.)

And the only "Teenagers" in Mithril are Sousuke and Tessa, Maybe Kurz (Young adult, maybe?), but Mao isn't, and the rest of the staff look to be 30-50.

Shame they didn't try and adapt any of the other books in the series, I would've liked to see the rest (As lets face it, Mecha action really doesn't work without motion.).

Anywho, putting all series I'm currently watching (Re-dropped K-on since I'm never going to remember to watch it.) on hold till I finish FSN.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1594 on: January 04, 2012, 02:43:14 AM
To me, It seemed that the first series was primarily High School "romance/comedy", and secondary militaristic fighting. And that was a problem for me. Granted, I can't deny that some situations were amusing.

Yeah, Second Raid pretty much eliminates that and goes more for the serious military aspect. Which in my opinion wasn't a great move (I actually liked the High-School Comedy parts.)

The complete opposite for me. I finished up The Second Raid, and I loved how much more mature and rooted it was from its predecessor. Kaname disappeared for half the series, which was a huge plus, although she was somehow made more tolerable than before. The action was fantastic, the darker atmosphere was appreciated and the music was solid. I especially liked the contradictory orders given to confuse that traitor.

The comedy aspects actually made me laugh, and there wasn't a surplus amount like in the first series. THIS sequel right here is how it should have started off. The direction and script writing is fantastic, much better than the less-than-great FMP. Second Raid seemed to take a more focused direction to keep you hooked throughout.

(And Kaname would've had an actual purpose outside of "Tacked on Love Interest who is not very loveable"), but it seems that they completely dropped it with few mentions of it later on (Second Raid... IIRC they only mention it once.)

That [sonic slicer] had so many chances to tell him. The dude gave up on the world when he thought Gauron had killed her, then she comes marching in "from the dead" with assaults? Not to mention the series ends with Sousuke asking her what she was about to tell him back in China (when she was about to confess), replying with "it's nothing".

Regardless, Second Raid was superb. I loved almost every minute of it. There's still some mysteries that need answering though, like who that black-haired woman with the binoculars was (last episode), among a couple others. I hope they make a sequel, TV or movie would be fine.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:50:49 PM by Archetype »

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1595 on: January 04, 2012, 03:21:28 AM
The complete opposite for me. I finished up The Second Raid, and I loved how much more mature and rooted it was from its predecessor. Kaname disappeared for half the series, which was a huge plus, although she was somehow made more tolerable than before. The action was fantastic, the darker atmosphere was appreciated and the music was solid. I especially liked the contradictory orders given to confuse that traitor.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Second Raid. But I missed the High-School Comedy part, needless to say Fumoffu took care of it so I can't really be all that sad about it. :P

And the Music has always been solid with FMP, TSR is no exception.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #1596 on: January 06, 2012, 11:09:24 AM
I just watched Elfen Lied for the first time and all I have to so say is "Wow... Just wow."

Archer

Reply #1597 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:09 AM
Why would you watch Elfen Lied at all

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1598 on: January 06, 2012, 01:49:24 PM
Because loli killing spree...duh?

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #1599 on: January 06, 2012, 05:22:25 PM
That, and a combination of boredom and curiosity. I've seen people mention it a few times on a couple of message boards in the past. I expected the blood and the violence, I didn't expect the dog killing scene and the incest vibes from Kouta and Yuka.