Art of DarkWaltz *10-17-12* New Robot Master

DarkWaltz · 188664

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #550 on: April 20, 2010, 06:24:40 AM
That's just beautiful! and cute minimews.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #551 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:52 AM
That first one looks great. And those minimews just add to it´s greatness. And that´s a nice ZX character there

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #552 on: April 20, 2010, 06:50:35 AM
Those are beautiful... Nice work!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #553 on: April 20, 2010, 10:13:22 AM
That is one very beautiful dress... And daww at Mini-Mews. >w<

Cool Misae... And... Chibis... ... ... *glomps*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
  • RPM's Forgotten Warrior.
    • View Profile
Reply #554 on: April 21, 2010, 11:27:55 PM
The mini mews are too adorable and I like the queen of hearts, but not the Alice in Wonderland version though. I'd like to keep my head.  XD

To try something new, is to explore your true potential.

-CX

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #555 on: April 22, 2010, 04:53:51 AM
Thank you everyone and don't worry CX, Eve's not the type to start demanding heads left and right. XD

ANyway, remember that little story thing I wrote a few pages earlier? With Copy X and all that? Well here's the next part. Again, my writing is utter crap and I suck at characterization mst of the time. Shinobu is in her older body in this, although she can still act a little childish, particularly around Fefnir and Leviathan. Magnion shows up because... well I just like him. XD

Critiques and such are welcome.

[spoiler]“Fef-nii!” A light voice called out from behind, accompanying a sound of feet rapidly hitting the ground.

Fefnir felt himself grin. Turning sharply and bracing himself for the impact as a hurtling figure clad in blue crashed into him. He easily hoisted her off the ground with a spin to reduce the momentum and eliciting a laugh from the female at the same time.

“When did you get back, Shinobu?” He had asked, giving her a once over when he sat her back on the ground. She looked unhurt. Good.

“Mmm.. About a half hour ago, Phantom-nii went to report to Master X about our mission.” The female reploid replied, adjusting the pink hat on her head, “Magnion and I saw you out here and decided to say hi.”

“It is good to see your unit is doing well, General.” the Mutos reploid said, digging metallic talons into the earth, “How are the pantheons working out?”

“About as well one can expect given their lack of a true A.I. and the simplicity of the operating systems.” He replied with a shrug, “They’re cheap to build and consume little energy and that’s all that really matters in the end with the council.”

Magnion rolled his optics upwards. He could not truly fault the council for wanting to conserve what remained of the energy, but it was a rather foolish idea. Unwilling to shell out the money necessary for a full research into alternative energy sources. He wouldn’t admit that Master X’s acceptance to their idea disturbed him a little.

Shinobu took no notice of Magnion’s expression, her eyes studying the pantheons moving in the field. This was the first time she had seen them completed and active. Firing upon the random attack drones that appeared before them. Leaving little but hole-riddled husks in the dirt behind them. Her eyelids lowered slightly. The random bits of data of her previous existence flashed in her mind. The explosions, the screaming, the blood that soaked the ground and turned rivers red. Her creator and his family torn to shreds on the floor. Her own two hands stained scarlet.

“Oy, Shinobu.” Fefnir shook her a little, jolting her to the present. The small bits of data receding behind the self-made firewalls in her processes.

“You were zoning out again,” Magnion said, leaning down to meet her gaze. Shinobu just shook her head, rubbing her forehead.

Fefnir had frowned. He turned her away from the battlefield and let her gaze upon the stark white tower that rose into the atmosphere. She had been doing that more often now. He had to admit that it bothered him. Phantom will have to be made aware.

“I’m fine,” she said, looking up at the two taller reploids, “I can’t even remember what it was about.”

“You never do,” Fefnir said, patting her on the head, “But it’s not good. What if you start zoning out in the middle of battle?”

Shinobu opened her mouth then closed it as she sensed a presence. She smiled as Phantom seemed to materialize behind Fefnir.

“Who is zoning, Fefnir?”

Magnion and Shinobu snorted as the feared red general nearly leapt out of his skin. The startled look on his face quickly turning into a scowl. Fefnir snarled, turning and glowering at his slightly shorter brother.

“Damnit Phantom, would you quit doing that!?”

“If you would pay attention to your surroundings, you would not be caught off guard so easily.” Phantom replied nonchalantly, arms crossed over his chest. His dark eyes finding Shinobu and nodding to her, “I need to speak with Shinobu, so if you will excuse us.”

“Yeah whatever,” Fefnir waved them off, stalking back into the field, gathering what’s left of his pride.

“Master Phantom, by your leave.” Magnion bowed to his commander, activating his jets and taking off.

Shinobu looked at her older brother as he started towards the building. She quickly fell into step with him. Glancing at him, she almost missed the times when she was in her younger body. He was much taller then, and she would always grab his scarf and follow him. Now with her more adult shape, it would seem rather childish to do so again.

“Harpuia has issued a meeting for tomorrow.” he said, breaking the silence as they entered the central tower. The vents blowing out cool air with enough force that her hair moved in response.

She frowned, “Another one? The last one was so dull..”

“Do not worry, you won’t be attending it.”

“I won’t?” She raised an eyebrow at him, deftly moving to the side to avoid a human male rushing past with files in his arms.

“You will be acting as Master X’s bodyguard for tomorrow.”

“Are you.. are you serious? You usually have Hanumachine guard him when you’re not able to.”

“Hanumachine is needed for this meeting,” Phantom said, looking down at her, “You are quite capable of defending him should the need arise. Although I doubt that will be the case, as no one can get past security. You’re only problem will be dealing with the council meeting. It can get quite dull.”

Shinobu couldn’t doubt that from what she heard about them. Although what made her nervous was being so near Master X, much less having the trust of his life with her. Ever since he had reawakened in his new body he had become distant from her. He could very well have been a stranger. Very little reminded her of the reploid who always smiled at her, who kept her company when the others were away with their own duties.

“You can do this, Shinobu. Any doubt in yourself you have, leave it be,” Phantom said once again. Noting her hesitation, “It may seem daunting but I would not have chosen you, were you not capable.”

“I know Phantom-nii.” She said softly. She smiled a little and nodded at him, “It is an honor to guard our Master.”

He almost smiled at that, “I know. So get what you need to finish up with done today, you start early tomorrow morning.”

[/spoiler]

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #556 on: April 22, 2010, 06:11:19 AM
How interesting. Although possibly a bit more $1000 words. Either than that, it was pretty good. Don't feel so bad because Lucky makes us all feel stupid with his five hundred word poem with no verbs.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #557 on: April 22, 2010, 10:22:24 PM
Thanks, Nova, my ego needed that kicking.

Don't worry too much about characterisation or trying to write like a Poet Laureat, Waltz, just enjoy writing the story. If you're having fun with it, it shouldn't be too hard at all. Let the story and the personalities of your characters flow through you. Let the story take you places. Enjoying it is the most important thing.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #558 on: April 22, 2010, 10:27:57 PM
That is quite interesting. Keep the story going

Don't worry too much about characterisation or trying to write like a Poet Laureat, Waltz, just enjoy writing the story. If you're having fun with it, it shouldn't be too hard at all. Let the story and the personalities of your characters flow through you. Let the story take you places. Enjoying it is the most important thing.
That is really inspiring Lucky

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #559 on: April 22, 2010, 11:25:43 PM
That wasn't what I was really going for, but your welcome anyhow.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #560 on: April 22, 2010, 11:28:13 PM
Get equipped with sarcasm.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #561 on: April 23, 2010, 01:02:45 AM
Me too, actually! We have so much in common!

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
Reply #562 on: April 26, 2010, 03:35:33 AM
Thank you guys. I'll continue with my story as inspiration kicks me upside the head. Right now I'm going through a mini-comic phase that may prove some amusement. Maybe. XD

Anyway, remember that picture of Taima pages ago? Her's her colored. Her armor is either in normal mode or possibly in urban tones. Either way, it's colored.

Enjoy. ^^

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #563 on: April 26, 2010, 03:56:30 AM
Looks awesome!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #564 on: April 26, 2010, 05:33:12 AM
I do love the way you draw armor, DW!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #565 on: April 26, 2010, 06:48:18 AM
The colors give her a medieval look. I like it

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #566 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:06 AM
Ah, mini comics? can't wait to see that!

and urban armor looks fine too.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #567 on: April 27, 2010, 05:35:04 AM
Nice, what do you think, Wii Music?
"Pretty!"

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
Reply #568 on: April 30, 2010, 08:14:40 PM
An update. Random three panel comic featuring Nova and Shinobu. Not to mention... the dreaded Brick White.

I'm 'eh...' with it. I'm not one to do comics and I admit to not really wanting to do a detailed coloring either. Also, I only have Paint to do the the wording stuff. And yes, Signs and Billboards change at random because that's just how I am.  8D

Enjoy.

Link just in case you can't read it - http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx29/DarkWaltz/RPMComic1.jpg

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #569 on: April 30, 2010, 08:21:13 PM
I wonder who the victim was....

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #570 on: April 30, 2010, 08:23:53 PM
PB made a cameo with his 5-Dollar Foot-long... wait... that just got a whole new meaning to me... O_O

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #571 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:21 PM
Haha, very nice DW!  I hope you do more comics in the future!

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #572 on: April 30, 2010, 09:36:53 PM
Zehaha! Tha's a funny little comic! And great work, as always.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #573 on: May 01, 2010, 12:03:29 AM
Very funny. Nova sure acts cool.  :cookie:

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #574 on: May 02, 2010, 01:47:52 AM
Brick White! so they're finally make their move...

Who ever said that BrickWhite is a single entity?  8D

and lol at cameo billboard.