Games? Booth Babes? Megatons? Oh My! It's The Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

Jericho · 28570

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Just hope this year has booth babes. Else it won't gather any attention from me.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Just hope this year has booth babes. Else it won't gather any attention from me.

You know what's funny? I think I'm the only person around who's never really paid attention to booth babes at E3. XD

They're nice and all, but I guess the gaming sensory overload shuts down my Y chromosome. That and I've never seen a cute one yet (Or some with nice rear... '>.>), just the wanna be "hot" types.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The big huge Christmas-time game is either one of:

-Super Mario Galaxy 2
-Pikmin 3

We know the Zelda team was "working on something", and we also knew there were DS projects in development.
Well, now we know that this project was LoZ: Spirit Tracks.

So now, Miyamoto strongly hinted at SMG2 in interviews even going so far as saying that he wanted it to play like SMB2USA, and he also unwittingly announced Pikmin 3, which, just got one of its predecessors (Pikmin 1) ported to the Wii in addition to the SSBB roster spot. And remember, both of these things occurred at last year's E3.

It's either one of those. Could it be both? Sure. But the emphasis is on one.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
You know what's funny? I think I'm the only person around who's never really paid attention to booth babes at E3. XD

think again.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I, for one, want to be surprised by the big game, so I'm choosing to not think about the Marios/Zeldas/Metroids that could show up. (Give me some [tornado fang]ing StarFox, Kirby, F-Zero, or StarTropics, dammit!) Also, not to throw a wrench in your logic Aldo, but Zelda Wii is still very possible as it has been noted that the hand held team =/= the entire Zelda team. The hand held games are made by the ex-members of Flagship that Nintendo scooped up and is only led by Aonuma, whereas the console Zelda team are made up of the EAD crew that has been doing Zelda since the beginning.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'd like to see Star Fox or Kirby.

Come to think of it, it's kind of weird that Wolf got an SSBB slot.

And as complete as it looked, Kirby Wii/GCN should be released.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
StarTropics III would be awesome.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
StarTropics III would be awesome.

Hellz yes. High five.

o/ \o

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Nintendo has to announce something really big for the Wii at E3. the Wii is in a real slump over in Japan; PS3's been beating it for a while. and Punch Out and Wii Sports Resort alone will not fix that. they need a new Zelda or something. Ninty needs to come out with some DSi exclusives, too.

I wouldn't be but so worried about Nintendo. For all the PS3 has been actually doing to sell well...the total PS3 user-base is STILL eclipsed by the entirety of the Wii Fit owner-base alone!  8D

And there is the thing: the main reason that Wii sales are slowing are because....well, practically EVERYONE who wants/wanted that system either has one already, or stands to get it very soon. And because the Wii isn't like the PS2 (where more units are sold because the first one you may have had, may be broken by now), that's more over the reason for sales to be slumping.

The last few years was basically about Nintendo doing more to secure the casuals. They've accomplished that objective with flying colors. Now, much like with the DS years ago, this should, ideally, be more about just delivering on the goods to make the hardcores happy, and possibly convert at least some of those casuals to the "hardcore" side too. In short, they've done more to get all their ducks in a row. Now they just need to get Zapping.  8D

XD

It's funny/sad because it's TRUE though.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
That's why I laughed. I've never seen such an apt description of a person's "talent" like that before. XD

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I checked the Wiki, but it may be a lie. Good 'ol SEGA's been into the toy scene enough to compremise a Bakugan: The Video Game.
Plus where's my SRWOG3? Just make sure they don't contain the Xenosaga wannabes (one looks JUST looks like a blue hair Shion). :p

I might want to take a peek at a handheld Soul Calibur, that could be nice, too. Keep the Star Wars trend as well, I need a Obi-Wan for the DS.

Reveal this "Shin Rockman" as well.

Now, here's my expectations:

-SRWOG3 DS
-Bakugan: The Game for the lolz to see how bad "The Game" is.
-Soul Calibur DS
-Shin Rockman
-Duck Hunt Wii

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Hellz yes. High five.

o/ \o
I really don't have much else to say on this topic though.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Duck Hunt Wii

Wii Play called, it asked you where you've been the past two years. XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Now, here's my expectations:

-SRWOG3 DS
-Shin Rockman

Can't see either of these happening, at least not at E3.

Capcom and Banpresto(Namco-Bandai) are more likely to reveal these things at their own events, not E3. Especially in the case of any SRW title, where its main fanbase is in Japan.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Can't see either of these happening, at least not at E3.

Capcom and Banpresto(Namco-Bandai) are more likely to reveal these things at their own events, not E3. Especially in the case of any SRW title, where its main fanbase is in Japan.

I love it when you speculate for fun, then fool everyone at the process.  [eyebrow]

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
So yeah, I was listening to this, and now I'm praying the big holiday game is a new 2D Metroid done by WayForward.

I also need a new pair of pants. Kraid's Lair in Zero mission is some godly stuff.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Wii Play called, it asked you where you've been the past two years. XD

I don't care if that target shooting game did have the ducks, it is no replacement for the greatness that is Duck Hunt.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
So yeah, I was listening to this, and now I'm praying the big holiday game is a new 2D Metroid done by WayForward.

forget who makes the game. i want a new 2D Metroid, period. and don't say things like a WayForward-made Metroid. remember: hype can kill.

the next gen Castlevania comes to mind right now. what the hell is IGA going to do with that? and where's the 1999 games already?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Only reason I brought up WayForward was because of that one time they called out Nintendo and said "let us try a Metroid" in one of their AB&HB podcast spotlights.

Either way, totally agreed.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
the next gen Castlevania comes to mind right now. what the hell is IGA going to do with that? and where's the 1999 games already?

The nigh-legendary "PORTRAITofRUIN" talked about how this was reportedly going to be a great year for CV, even as last year was "good".

So, that HD game for 360/PS3 probably going to make its official splash this year, with possibly the 1999 games at least being officially announced (of which there's supposed to be two).

But any way...yeah, we need a new 2D Metroid in the worst way.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
The nigh-legendary "PORTRAITofRUIN" talked about how this was reportedly going to be a great year for CV, even as last year was "good".

She did? My expectations are high then.

But any way...yeah, we need a new 2D Metroid in the worst way.

Could not agree anymore.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Time to talk action games. E3 will be complete fail if I don't get my damn well deserved Bayonetta footage. XD

Seriously, frikkin guns on her heels. If that isn't an amazing step forward for action games, I really don't know what could be.

And Ben, you sig makes the wait soooo much harder. XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
footage? pfft. that's going to be one of the games playable on the show floor.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
wat.

Lou better get an in depth look at that game and give us the rundown. XD