Games? Booth Babes? Megatons? Oh My! It's The Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

Jericho · 28510

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
With the month until E3 mark just around the corner, I thought it'd be quite an interesting idea to start this thread.

ITT: We discuss, rabidly speculate, leave information, and just have a general good time thinking about what we could expect from this year's "Return to Form" E3. After the last two "meh"-a-ton E3s (minus the amazing FFXIII 360 announcement & execution of said announcement 8D) and the unlimited spring of hype and hush (glares at Nintendo) around this year's event, you could say that one wants to be cautiously optimistic, but in my case, since "I'M 200% [chameleon sting]ing OPTIMISM" (Patent Pending), I expect great things from this, no matter what they may be! XD

As is the custom for my manic info threads, I'll update & organize this OP with more fanciful & tasteful means when I get the chance to do so. Feels free to contribute any news articles circa this year from 1-1-2009 until the current day that could help us out with what to expect from E3. In the meantime, feel free to get down with your fellow gamers ("casuals" & "hardcorez" 8D), fanboys & fangals and join us on the road to madness E3 2009! 8)

Also, [tornado fang] you Lou for going this year. -_-

NEWS MOTHAF****A, READ IT!

Nintendo

Microsoft

Sony

Other Parties (Sega, Capcom, Square-Enix, SNK, etc.)

E3 Specific Media - Coming Soon

Liveblogging of The Event

-Stay Tuned!-

Also, thank you PB for putting me in a Pulp Fiction state of mind. XD
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:25:44 AM by Jericho »

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I hope for something better than last year.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I thought that read Megatrons in the title.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I thought that read Megatrons in the title.

I should change it to that one day. It'd still be relevant. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Megatron?  Is that you?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
I've not been excited for an E3 for about 6 years. This will be no different.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I hope for something better than last year.

Is it even possible for it to be worse? Anyways, I have almost all I need right nowm so I'm not as excited for E3 as in the past years.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Nintendo has to announce something really big for the Wii at E3. the Wii is in a real slump over in Japan; PS3's been beating it for a while. and Punch Out and Wii Sports Resort alone will not fix that. they need a new Zelda or something. Ninty needs to come out with some DSi exclusives, too.

Sony's set with the PS3 in Japan, what with FFXIII supposedly coming out at the end of the year. i say supposedly, cause i can guarantee it will get delayed at least one more time. i'm as sure of that as VersusXIII getting a 360 release. but Sony needs to ante up a little bit for outside Japan. also, those rumors of a PSP 4000 may very well come true at E3.

i don't have anything to say about Microsoft. they have barely any exclusives left. guess Rare fans are going to have to keep holding on to hope of a KI3 announcement. although, there was a rumor about Perfect Dark XBLA, which would be pretty sweet.

as for multiplatform stuff, at this point its going to be hard to top Bayonetta.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
I cannot watch this show as I will usually have a coniption from all of the excitement from all of the booths if I hear something I like.
If I hear something about a new Zelda I will have to change my pants. Twice.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I thought they changed everything up to where it has to be all srs, with no booth babes and [parasitic bomb].

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I thought they changed everything up to where it has to be all srs, with no booth babes and [parasitic bomb].

Nobody liked it, and the people who went hated it. Even the companies considered it a joke after they went for the "serius buisness" approach, and who wouldn't? It was only the biggest celebration and event in the entertainment media industry the year before the change (E3 2006, THE BEST ONE EVER).

What's really funny though is the idea that L.A. isn't fond of the show. Rumors have it that after E3 2010, the spectacle will be moving elsewhere.

(COME ON NYC! XD)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I doubt it.  The Javitz probably isn't big enough, plus the fact that there are NO CHEAP HOTELS around that area at all.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Rumors have it that after E3 2010, the spectacle will be moving elsewhere.

(COME ON NYC! XD)

Screw NYC (sorry guys XD), move it here to Mexico, preferably somewhere close to me. No, I don't care we have (or had? I don't know anymore) our own crappy mini version of E3.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
I THINK THEY SHOULD HIRE BOOTH BABES THAT WILL PERFORM SEXUAL SERVICES.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

And the credibility of the entire industry evaporates faster than the bank accounts of the nerds in line for this. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
And the credibility of the entire industry evaporates faster than the bank accounts of the nerds in line for this. XD

*in cliche nerd voice* "I'LL PAY WHATEVER YOU AAAAAAAAAAASSSSKKK!"

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
There must be fun on such convention huh?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Tales of Vesperia on PS3 to America. That's all I really need to hear. Otherwise, I'll throw a vote in for Steampunk Zelda, a Mario game, still too soon for a new Sonic game, olympic crossover aside... though a Sonic Rush 3 wouldn't be a bad thing... Mega Man ZX 3 is out of the question since Japan usually drops word of that. Devil May Cry 5 wouldn't be too bad. Lunar Knights 2 would be fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic.

Also, Jelly, I think we need more of this:

8D

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Tales of Vesperia on PS3 to America. That's all I really need to hear. Otherwise, I'll throw a vote in for Steampunk Zelda, a Mario game, still too soon for a new Sonic game, olympic crossover aside... though a Sonic Rush 3 wouldn't be a bad thing... Mega Man ZX 3 is out of the question since Japan usually drops word of that. Devil May Cry 5 wouldn't be too bad. Lunar Knights 2 would be fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic.

For Sega, its never too soon for a new Sonic game. :P

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Also, Jelly, I think we need more of this:

8D

Now do you understand my hype? Good conferences or bad, I still win in the end. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Lunar Knights 2 would be fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic.

Yes. Now that MGS4 is done someone should kidnap Kojima until he agrees to do a Boktai 5. Quick! Somebody call this man!

Now do you understand my hype? Good conferences or bad, I still win in the end. XD

So true XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
still too soon for a new Sonic game, olympic crossover aside...

no sir it's not. i guarrantee a new Sonic game will be announced and rushed out for a Thanksgiving release. development began yesterday.

though a Sonic Rush 3 wouldn't be a bad thing...

Rush Adventure killed all my hope for that series. but that would fare better than the other handheld Sonic series.

COMING SOON TO THE PSP!!!
SONIC RIVALS 3!!!!
Now with more NOT FUN!!!
Featuring Vector the Crocodile!
With more bling than you bitches can handle!!

source

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Marnic

• Net Navi
  • Burning with the nintensity of a thousand suns!
    • View Profile

What do you think this is, Japan? Never though you'd sink that low!

I know for sure Reggie Fils will be at next the E3 [spoiler]with more charts[/spoiler]

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
OP has been updated with as many meaningful and relevant tidbits I could round up in a quick Google search. I'll be keeping an eye out for more with time.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
no sir it's not. i guarrantee a new Sonic game will be announced and rushed out for a Thanksgiving release. development began yesterday.

Rush Adventure killed all my hope for that series. but that would fare better than the other handheld Sonic series.

COMING SOON TO THE PSP!!!
SONIC RIVALS 3!!!!
Now with more NOT FUN!!!
Featuring Vector the Crocodile!
With more bling than you bitches can handle!!

source
Well, I was speaking more in regards to something on scale with Sonic Unleashed. Rivals 3 wouldn't be a bad idea if they would just let go and cut the Rivals crap from it. Originally, the brand was to be titled Sonic Lightning and was more a traditional Sonic platformer. However, Takashi Iizuka, with his reverse Midus Touch, decided the game needed more zing to it, killed the single player in favor of the pile of [parasitic bomb] versus mechanic. The single player mechanic was somewhat brought back in Free Play mode in Rivals 2, which isn't too bad. Only bad part is you can't fight the bosses.