Nintendo PR - Mah Gaems, Lemme Show u Dem.

Jericho · 6738

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
on: February 26, 2009, 04:08:10 PM
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=17588

NINTENDO'S VIDEO GAME LINEUP DEMONSTRATES GAMING DIVERSITY

New Games Announced for Nintendo Systems

REDMOND, Wash., Feb. 26, 2009 – While everyone is still buzzing about the upcoming April 5 launch of the Nintendo DSi™ system, video game fans will have plenty of great games and experiences to keep them busy. Nintendo has an extensive, diverse library of about 120 games on the way for both the Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ systems. Upcoming Nintendo-published video games for Wii include:

Excitebots™: Trick Racing has elements that make it one of the more unique racing games on the market. It launches April 20 and lets everyone in the family use the Wii Wheel™ accessory in unique and changing environments, play fun minigames and perform crazy tricks in a game that builds on the Excitebike™ and Excite Truck™ franchises.

Donkey Kong® Jungle Beat™, originally made for the Nintendo GameCube™ system, launches May 4 with newly added motion controls. It's the latest in Nintendo's New Play Control! series of games.

Punch-Out!!™ launches May 18 and brings back all of the fun of the beloved, classic NES® game that thrilled players in the early 1990s. Boxers battle as iconic hero Little Mac as they fight their way through a cast of new and familiar boxing opponents on their quest to win the coveted WVBA (World Video Boxing Association) Championship Belt.

Nintendo's downloadable WiiWare service continues to be a showcase for new games, new concepts and new ideas. A selection of upcoming titles includes:

• BIT.TRIP BEAT, developed by Gaijin Games and published by Aksys Games: BIT.TRIP BEAT is what you get when you mix classic video gaming with modern gaming sensibilities. What may seem like a simple "paddle" game turns into a psychedelic trip down memory lane which has you hitting "beats" in rhythm to Chiptune style music. While the game can be difficult, if you crank up the tunes and get in the zone, you'll have a great time. Performing perfectly isn't required to experience all the game's content, but the extra challenge will keep score-hunters coming back in search of each level's elusive "PERFECT" score.

• Eduardo the Samurai Toaster, developed and published by Semnat Studios LLC: Fight your way through 13 diverse locations on your own or with up to three friends in this frenetic and stylish side-scrolling action game. Play as Eduardo and his fellow toaster buddies as you fire an assortment of pastries at all kinds of dastardly food products. Hop onto laser-mounted scooters and fly across the screen in rocket packs, and learn to cooperate with your teammates or simply annoy each other in an awesomely fun way by throwing each other around the screen. The choice is up to you.

• Night Game, developed and published by Nicalis: Exclusively for WiiWare, Night Game (working title) is part action game and part puzzler. It invites players into a beautifully atmospheric world, where they must use real physics to maneuver a mysterious, glowing sphere through vastly different locales. Night Game pushes the boundaries of design with its unique art style, and professionally produced music score. This title is a 2009 Independent Games Festival Seumas McNally Award nominee and from the same developers responsible for Cave Story on Wii.

• Swords & Soldiers, developed and published by Ronimo Games: Swords & Soldiers is a side-scrolling real-time strategy game, in which three distinct factions battle for the powers of the gods. The goal is to destroy the enemies' castle on the other end of the level, while protecting your own. This can be done by training powerful units or casting devastating spells. The game will feature a single-player campaign and a competitive split-screen multiplayer mode as well as several other game modes.

Great titles are also on the way for the portable Nintendo DS system. Some Nintendo-published video games for Nintendo DS include:

Rhythm Heaven™ is an infectious video game that has been a huge hit in Japan. Players tap and slide the stylus on the touch screen in time to the beat. This fun, stylized game launches April 5.

A new entry in the Personal Trainer series is Personal Trainer™: Walking, which launches May 25. Personal Trainer: Walking tracks users' progress and makes going for a walk a little more fun. It comes with two pedometers that users can wirelessly connect to their Nintendo DS system when they return home.

In The Legendary Starfy™ game, which launches June 8, players dive into a spectacular undersea adventure with Starfy, the legendary hero of Pufftop. Players swoop into enemies like a shooting star, glide over bottomless chasms and transform into powerful creatures to help a mysterious, bunny-eared visitor find his lost memory.

In recent weeks, multiple third-party publishers have announced plans to boost their support of Nintendo systems. Between now and June, Nintendo fans will enjoy games like: The Conduit™, a first-person shooter from Sega that pits players against a terrifying group of alien invaders intent on taking over a futuristic Washington, D.C.; EA SPORTS Active™, a Wii exclusive from Electronic Arts that offers players fun, easy-to-learn exercises and activities that users can do with family and friends; and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 10, the newest iteration of the popular golf game from Electronic Arts that lets players hit the links to prove their driving and putting prowess.

Also, you can has AWESOME box art:

Discuss.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 04:24:12 PM
Among the newer games, only Punch-Out!! is interesting. I already 100%'d Rhythm Heaven in Japanese and some of the other good games has been out in Japan for a long time.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:01 PM
Awesome boxart is awesome, but besides that there isn't anything ne...OMG A NEW EXCITE GAME! I NEED IT! D:

Posted on: February 26, 2009, 09:27:18 AM
Wait a second...

In The Legendary Starfy™ game, which launches June 8, players dive into a spectacular undersea adventure with Starfy, the legendary hero of Pufftop. Players swoop into enemies like a shooting star, glide over bottomless chasms and transform into powerful creatures to help a mysterious, bunny-eared visitor find his lost memory.

STAFY?! O_O

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:34:19 PM
Yeah, there really isn't much to note in this latest list from teh evil NoA other than a localized Starfy, the Punch-Out box art & Rhythm Heaven. At the very least, this means that us penny pinchers get away free from games for now. XD

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 05:47:36 PM
Wait you mean you don't want to play as a samurai toaster?

Can't imagine why you wouldn't.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 06:26:43 PM
Stafy getting localized?

Well, I'll be. Wonder if they'll make him pissed off looking like they've done Kirby up until recently. It's just not a cute figure unless the American boxart of it is pumped with 100% purified RAGE.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 07:32:53 PM
Well, I'll be. Wonder if they'll make him pissed off looking like they've done Kirby up until recently. It's just not a cute figure unless the American boxart of it is pumped with 100% purified RAGE.
this^∞

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 07:47:16 PM
my Rockman Punchout Memories would make a better game.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 07:54:47 PM
Stafy getting localized?

To be fair, you'd probably be pissed off too if someone had stolen your cake/removed your arms and legs/cut you into multiple people/whatever.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 07:59:18 PM
my Rockman Punchout Memories would make a better game.

i wholeheartedly agree.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 09:04:03 PM
Excitebots™: Trick Racing - I...don't think they're going to be topping Excite Truck, given Nintendo's track record with recent racing franchises.  It will certainly fail if it does not read soundtracks off the SD card.

Punch-Out!! is as always orgasmic.

Having missed out on Mario Power Tennis, but loved the N64 original, I'll probably be checking that New Play Control.

The Conduit fascinates me simply for being one of the few non-lazy Wii development efforts.  But FPSes aren't really my bag, so when I go into new territory I'll be backtracking to Deadly Creatures first.

I lot of WTFs on that list.  DDR: Disney Grooves is probably the biggest one.  M&Ms and Pennzoil just leave me asking why...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 09:44:15 PM
Excitebots™: Trick Racing - I...don't think they're going to be topping Excite Truck, given Nintendo's track record with recent racing franchises.  It will certainly fail if it does not read soundtracks off the SD card.

Punch-Out!! is as always orgasmic.

Having missed out on Mario Power Tennis, but loved the N64 original, I'll probably be checking that New Play Control.

The Conduit fascinates me simply for being one of the few non-lazy Wii development efforts.  But FPSes aren't really my bag, so when I go into new territory I'll be backtracking to Deadly Creatures first.

I lot of WTFs on that list.  DDR: Disney Grooves is probably the biggest one.  M&Ms and Pennzoil just leave me asking why...

It's called business man, play games = more money for more fail games, bring out the classics my good sir.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 12:04:42 AM
....So, let's see....

Punch-Out Announcement? Awesome-sauce.

Stafy getting a US release...at LONG last? Also awesome.

Rhythm Tengoku getting localized too? Also awesome?

I'm even interested in Samurai Toaster, since it looked interesting in the NP magazine I got recently.

Beyond that....? Ehh....?  :\

Where's Sin & Punishment 2? Mario & Luigi 3's English release? ...Maybe a lil positive confirmation for some other games, like Dynamic Slash and Monster Hunter Tri?

I can only hope that stuff will be the kind of things that have to wait til closer to May...

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 12:10:27 AM
Oh ho, so we're finally getting Stafy, eh?

Perhaps that was the reason Kirby Wii was delayed or scrapped?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 12:22:03 AM
I don't know what's happening over at HAL Laboratory right now.

First they canceled Kirby GC, but we got Kirby's Air Ride in sexcellent 60 frames of goodness, the same kind of refresh rate we are so accustomed to in the Smash Bros games, and now they are on the point to get rid of Kirby Wii too?

I really wanted to play a new side-scrolling Kirby on a game console instead of the portable every now and then, and I was hoping to be able to play the Tech Demo of Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble that Miyamoto-san showed up with the Gamecube's GBA-connectivity many years back...

Closest 2.5D side-scroller we got tho was the SubSpace Emissary in Brawl, and wow, it was a yummy preview of how good a Kirby Wii could be if it would be made. ^w^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 12:47:27 AM
Hm, I wonder who that generic-looking guy between Von Kaiser and King Hippo is. Is he a new character or something, because I don't remember seeing him in any of the other games. Also, I'm still looking forward to seeing some of the SNES boxers, one way or another. >_>

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 01:01:55 AM
My money is going towards DK Jungle Beat, Punch Out and SMT Devil Survivors~

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 02:15:09 AM
• BIT.TRIP BEAT, developed by Gaijin Games and published by Aksys Games: BIT.TRIP BEAT is what you get when you mix classic video gaming with modern gaming sensibilities. What may seem like a simple "paddle" game turns into a psychedelic trip down memory lane which has you hitting "beats" in rhythm to Chiptune style music. While the game can be difficult, if you crank up the tunes and get in the zone, you'll have a great time. Performing perfectly isn't required to experience all the game's content, but the extra challenge will keep score-hunters coming back in search of each level's elusive "PERFECT" score.

This actually peeked my interest a bit.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 02:21:47 AM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 05:46:42 AM
Oh yea, because it has a mix of classic gaming and chiptune music in mind, I'm interested too. ^^

Exactwii!  Seeing that only made me want it more!

Also, I doubt this is all of Ninty's stuff this year.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 05:48:36 AM
Also, I doubt this is all of Ninty's stuff this year.

*points to Mario and Luigi 3*

Also,

and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 10, the newest iteration of the popular golf game from Electronic Arts that lets players hit the links to prove their driving and putting prowess.

Uhhh...uh oh. I hope they gave EA the Wii MotionPlus tools.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 05:24:49 PM
Preliminary English Boxart for Stafy confirmed:

As you can see, it still hasn't had a logo and rating by the ESRB applied to it, but this pretty much looks nearly NoA certified.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 05:32:31 PM

Nice edit. >_>

But, yeah. I understand why it was done. NoA and all that.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 08:53:25 PM
I like how the file name fits with the Japanese-pronounced title. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 09:06:31 PM
I like how the file name fits with the Japanese-pronounced title. ^^

wat