X and Marty (Mermaid from the Manga) Pic

Jetfire · 12069

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: October 09, 2010, 01:45:19 AM
Forgive me for asking this, but do we still have that colored picture of X and Marty, X's pirate gal pal from the Manga? I can't find it anywhere!!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:43:39 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 04:30:21 AM
Many thanks!!

I seem to recall a giant version of the picture. Do we have access to that one?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 01:58:17 PM
Many thanks!!

lol
This is a giant version.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 05:17:57 PM
Many thanks!!

The forum automatically resizes large images.  Try viewing the image by itself.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 01:44:38 AM
<3 Marty/Merti/however you say her name

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 01:46:22 AM

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 03:24:43 AM
Wow. Marty is scantily clad ono;

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 03:33:38 AM
<3 Marty/Merti/however you say her name

I prefer Merti, when I think Marty, I think of Time Traveling Deloreans.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 06:56:36 AM
I have a Japanese Roommate and I asked him to spell it out in english from the Japanese text.

He said it reads "M-A-R-T-Y"

From what little he is able to translate for me (he is learning English) it seems that she is quite antagonistic to X.

There is this one scene in the X2 Manga where she invites him aboard her pirate ship and he points out that she has changed and he lists some of her previous character flaws and she shouts in his face that he changed as well (she accused him of being impolite I think) at which point X observes that she is nicer and kinder now. Shortly after another period of banter-she shoots him out of the ships torpedo bay.

As Marty looks at X through the window, her vice commander enters and makes an observation about her behavior concerning X. Apparently somewhere on her ship she has a holographic replica of X that she vents her emotions to-be they sad, happy, angry, depressed, lonely, etc.

Marty promptly punches him into a wall accusing him, "you peaked!"

If I understood my roommate correctly, there is even one scene where the Vice commander told X that Marty likes him but I'll have to check that out again.

In the X3 manga she saves X from getting his head scrambled by a drill by tossing him his armor chips, fighting Bit in the process. There is a scene where she seems to be cowering beside X only to regain her composure, kick X in the side, and proclaim "I can take care of myself!"

When she urges X not to enter Doppler's fortress, X goes anyway and she tells him to come back alive to which he says, "No promises!"

How does she respond to this? by calling him "Stupid!!"

Despite this she does seem to genuinely care for X as demonstrated by the fact that she beats herself up for letting X walk to his death by entering Doppler's fortress.

On a side note, Marty has no reverence for respected officials as she casually refers to Dr. Cain as "Grandpa!"

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 07:01:24 AM
I have a Japanese Roommate and I asked him to spell it out in english from the Japanese text.

Twas a Joke. Its like how people have multiple spellings of a characters name that isn't explicitly written out (Gendo, Gendou, etc.). So I prefer the Merti spelling over the Marty spelling. However wrong it may be. :\

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 07:13:50 AM
Man I wish the Megaman X manga was fully translated.  I want to see Dr. Cain's and Zero's craziness.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 07:49:41 AM
I prefer Merti myself, since she WAS originally a mermaid Reploid.  Also, her interactions with X are nothing short of hillarious.

@Sakura: Well, considerig Ariga's stuff is doing well, there is the possibility that we might actually get them. Matt DID say if Ariga's mangas did well they would consider it. (mainly issues concerning price, since they would use the big rerelease volumes, and as he put it, Iwamoto's style is quote- "old school")

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 08:00:14 AM
I prefer Merti myself, since she WAS originally a mermaid Reploid.  Also, her interactions with X are nothing short of hillarious.

@Sakura: Well, considerig Ariga's stuff is doing well, there is the possibility that we might actually get them. Matt DID say if Ariga's mangas did well they would consider it. (mainly issues concerning price, since they would use the big rerelease volumes, and as he put it, Iwamoto's style is quote- "old school")
Yeah I guess you're right.  Though I think I'll have to start getting them online since I can't find Volume 2 of Megamix and Zx in Barnes and Noble.  Luckily I did find the Legend of Zelda mangas in the Kids section, I didn't know they were there til a friend of mine showed me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 09:26:15 AM
If you can find a Borders, try there. they tend to do better than B&N on that stuff. (I can often find things there that at BN are only online)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 11:21:47 AM

マーメイド
meido
Mermaid

マー
ティ
ti
Merty

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 04:10:28 PM
マーメイド
meido
Mermaid

マー
ティ
ti
Merty

"Marty" is what It's what the japanese roomate said.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 07:08:21 PM
Because it's pronounced Marty. the same way Mermaid is pronounced "Marmaido".
so the way its SPELLED out might be one way, but the pronunciation is Merti.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 07:25:36 PM
If you can find a Borders, try there. they tend to do better than B&N on that stuff. (I can often find things there that at BN are only online)
The only problem is that the Borders is right next to the Barnes and Noble and sometimes they have even less.  In fact I couldn't even find even the first volume of the manga there.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 07:26:59 PM
Oh. Guess mine is better then. 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 07:54:54 PM
Oh. Guess mine is better then. 8D
I guess it is.  Also it seems, to me, a bit smaller than the Barns and Noble since the coffee shop and cash register place seems to take up a 3rd of the store.  The Barnes and Noble is in the mall and is definitly a bit smaller than the other but I don't think it's a outlet either.