Protodude's Ramblings #1

Protodude · 3860

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: February 14, 2009, 07:05:52 AM
In an effort to spice up the news around the place, Vixy and I thought it'd be a great idea if I popped in with a "weekly news round up" topic every so often entitled "Protodude's Ramblings."  So, without further adieu, here's a mash up of all sorts of Rockman news from the past week:

SSR3 Tops 200K, DASH Value Pack Debuts
As of last Sunday, Shooting Star Rockman 3 hit the 200,000 unit mark in Japan. A milestone for the title indeed. The Rockman DASH Value Pack bundle also debuted on the sales charts, opening with a measly 1,900. Meh, this shouldn't come as a surprise, it is after all, a simple repackaging (at a budget price).

March Coro Coro Leaked, Expect News Any Day Now
According Serebii.net, your one stop for all things Pocket Monsters, the March issue of Coro Coro Comics has been leaked--at least, within the PKMN fan circles. The issue official goes on sale today in Japan, so if there is anything in there regarding our "mystery Rockman" game, we'll know soon.

Rockman Inspires "Robot Ninja Haggle Man"
If you've been playing Retro Game Challenge for the Nintendo DS, then you might have noticed the many Rockman allusions in Robot Ninja Haggle Man, one of the many games within RGC:

"Like Capcom's hero, Haggle Man is a robot built by a famous scientist, and has a little sister, a dog, and must defeat an evil scientist. But unlike Mega Man, he must also save a princess (that is to say, "The Princess.")."

Game's a blast, I definitely recommend it, especially to those who thoroughly enjoyed RM9.

Ray Toro Hearts Mega Man 9
My Chemical Romance's lead guitarist, Ray Toro (aka the 'Torosaurus') recently revealed his love for Mega Man 9 on his official blog. Based on his entry, it appears their relationship is in the love/hate stages:

"In other news, I've started to tackle Mega Man 9. What a genius stroke by Capcom to release this game. If you guys haven't had a chance to try it (or any of the previous in the series) you have to give it a shot. This is pure old-school gaming at its best. So far my favorite "F*&( you" moment from the designers is in Tornado Man's stage, where some clouds offer you safe footing, while others you will pass right through and die a sorry death. Or the part in Plug Man's stage, where the infamous disappearing blocks return. Just went you think a block will appear to stop your fall, "f&^* you!!" say the designers. In your rush to get across the bottomless pit, you forgot to notice the timing of the blocks has now changed. "f*&%(% YOUUUU!!!!" "

Isn't it great to know a famous musician shares our agony?

Shooting Star Rockman 3 Official Complete Works Details
Japanese online shop Rakuten recently revealed some small details pertaining to the upcoming art book. Set to release April 1st for 2,100 Yen ($23.00), the book contains all sorts of conceptual RnR/SSR art and sections devoted to developer commentary. If this isn't a sign of the series' end, then I don't know what is.

Well, that's it for now! Hang tight as we patiently await our Coro Coro update!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 07:15:21 AM
Awesome idea.  Thanx Protodude!

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:24:50 AM
Rockman Inspires "Robot Ninja Haggle Man"
If you've been playing Retro Game Challenge for the Nintendo DS, then you might have noticed the many Rockman allusions in Robot Ninja Haggle Man, one of the many games within RGC:

Game's a blast, I definitely recommend it, especially to those who thoroughly enjoyed RM9.

Haggle Man is my favorite game on RGC so far. <3

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 04:27:50 PM
I got "Game Center CX" about 2 years ago. I love "Karakuri Ninja Haguruman" a lot.

[spoiler]All 3 of them. >U<[/spoiler]

The controls are simple to get used to, the ninja stars are as fast as Rock's buster shots, but you need to find upgrades to shoot far.
You can make the shots bigger too. But you still have to stomp on enemies to kill them, just like the Mario games. x3

I was gonna make an avatar of "The Princess" and "Haguruman" together or something. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 11:44:08 PM
Hey Vix...you pre-ordered the second game, coming out in another week and some change? I'm waiting for my special edition of GCX 2, and it's "Special" version of Haguru Man!  ;)

These "games" are so great. I can only hope that these things keep selling, and Namco-Bandai keeps making more of 'em. And for crying out LOUD! What's taking G4 so damn long to secure this show?! They obviously went through some trouble to get silly things like "Human Wrecking Balls" and "War on Everything", but why not Game Center, possibly one of the best things on Japanese television? 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 12:46:08 AM
so this is basically the RPM edition of Protodudes Rockman corner?
awesome.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 06:22:26 AM
so this is basically the RPM edition of Protodudes Rockman corner?
awesome.

And sort of an update letting us know this month's Crock-o'-Coro has jack.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 05:31:04 PM
This is quite interesting. Since I see, RPM has less news here. Prototudes Rockman Corner can update here. Awesome. :)