Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!

Quickman · 18923

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[ Lol!  Bossk's shooting blindly shouldn't be a problem, as long as he's in FRONT of the group. ]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(Last I checked... He ran ahead... Yea, he's in front. XD)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Yeah, brain fart on the mechanics again.  But, I'll (hopefully) get it right this time.  I'm too damn hung up on actually giving a crap about the dice totals when I really shouldn't be.  Damn you, DnD!  LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE! *shakes fist* 

For the new scene, the Mook Rating is halved, so it's 30.  After this scene is done, it's a go for downtime, as next week I'm going to be away from Tuesday to Thursday.  And the sewer tunnel is pretty big.  You could fit three people side-by-side in it comfortably.  Add a fourth, and it becomes cramped.  Most branching tunnels will range from big enough for almost two, to you'll-get-a-face-full-of-sewer-water-as-you-crawl-through-it-on-your-belly.  If any branching tunnels are at floor-level, they'll be big enough for one person to slip into easily.  Mid-height and you have to crawl through them.  Higher, and you'd better hope you're skinny enough to fit and no one upstairs flushes.  Eew!

Anywho...

Wily: Three Yangs and a Yin against a 5...

Yang: 5, 4, 2
Yin: 3

Three Yang successes and a Yin success, Mook Rating reduced by 3: 27

Ring: Three Yangs and two Yins against a 4...

Yang: 6, 6, 2
Yin: 6, 2

One Yang success and one Yin success, Mook Rating reduced by 1: 26)

(Please tell me that I'm doing this right now. :P )

(Going for the Findsman trait.  Zuckuss is accessing the mists to find out the relative position of the characters.)

That flash-bang was brutal on compound eyes, and everyone before Zuckuss appears as blurry blobs of prismatic white and yellow.  He hears the shouts to his right and turns to face blurry blobs, streaks of bright blurry blobs, and a large blurry blob in the middle of the attacking blurry blobs.  He exhales behind his mask, backs against the wall, and focuses, attempting to triangulate everyone's position while he calls upon his long-ingrained findsman training to aid him.  An image flashes into his mind for a brief moment, and Zuckuss brings his attention back to the battle.  Carefully, he hoists his blaster up, aims between the two closest blurry blobs, and picks off a blurry blob toward the end of the tunnel. "4-LOM, please tell me that I didn't accidentally hit you..."

(Two Yangs and two Yins against a 4...

Yang: 6, 3
Yin: 3, 1

One success, reducing the rating by one: 25

Take it away, IG-88!) 

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[ Yep!  You got it now.  Man the dice weren't loving me!  Three 6's ugh! ]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
IG88 Rolls for Droid Brain

As the flash bomb effect was beginning to wear off on everyone, IG-88 could hear multiple splashes in the sewer water amid the blaster fire from his fellow hunters. "STILL. MORE. COMING. FROIDS." he yelled out to his team. "WE. MUST. CONTINUE. TO. HOLD. THEM. OFF." Holding his weapon up, he shouted out "RE. GROUP. AND. ATTEMPT. ESCAPE." IG-88 then began to lay down cover fire, making sure to avoid hitting his teammates even though he kinda wanted too!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(One Yin and two Yangs against a 4...

Yang: 6, 4
Yin: 4

Mook rating reduced by one: 24)

(Go to it, Greedo!)

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Greedo ducked under the hail of blaster fire and retreated behind IG-88. He aimed his blaster and fired while moving back despite being inclined to make a run for it.

"We could use those grenades now!"

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Not rolling against anything specific, standard 2.  Two Yins and a Yang.

Yang: 3
Yin: 4, 2

No scene progression.  Mook rating stands at 24)

Boba "MCH" Fett's turn.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
(I think rolling for Toolbox is needed here)

Reaching his belt full of grenades, while taking cover from the constant crossfire, Fett grabs a smoke and frag. Blindly tosses the smoke nade shouting,"Frag out!!" towards the direction where the firing is coming from. The hunters' pursuers notices the nade coming their way. Thinking it was maybe a frag, they immediately started diving in all directions, breaking their formation in the process. Fett not wasting time, clearly throws the frag towards the larger group of enemies scattered all over, quietly, as they we're unaware a little present from Fett falls in between them and immediately sending them flying as it explodes without warning.

"Hah, smoke and mirrors, fools" Fett chuckles, as he grabs another frag from his belt and a blaster from the other, "These pitiful vermin can't even tell a smoke from a frag" then throws towards another group. "Okay people," Fett called the others as the frag only takes out a few more soldiers, "they're nothing now, this should be over in no time." Fett starts providing cover fire for the others to join him, "or shall I just clean this up myself, like before." he added as he was already beginning to pick off a few more attackers with his blaster.

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Okay, five at the cap, four Yangs and a courtesy Yin against a 4...

Yang: 6, 4, 4, 2
Yin: 2

Mook rating reduced by three.  Mook rating at 21)

(Dr. Bossk's turn!)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(Dr. Bossk... Sounds catchy. XD)

Rolling Temperamental Bounty Hunter.

As his sight slowly returned to him, Bossk could start to make out some blobs of movement. Just as he prepared to shoot at the blobs, everything became blur again. It was only then that he noticed the smoke and started to cough. First being blinded, now choking on smoke, enough was enough.

"THAT'S IT!! YOU ALL WILL PAY!! NO HOLDS BARRED!!"

With vision almost fully back, Bossk rushed right into a group of soldiers, totally ignoring the orders of his fellow droid bounty hunter. Still dual-wielding, Bossk blasted at the group, taking down a few. Those that managed to dodge the laser barrage, were headbutted with extreme prejudice.

"MORE!! GIVE ME MORE TO KILL!!"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:20:38 PM by Dr. Wily II »

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[ PAUSE ]
[ Just letting you know, and Quick now, that you aren't actually rolling against temperamental.  That's a weakness.  You only roll against your weaknesses when you are acting AGAINST them, hence out of character.  So if Bossk is getting angry that's actually "in character" for him.  Weaknesses will rarely ever be used, they are there to determine more what your character will not do, rather than what he will do.  If Bossk had kept his cool in this situation, then he'd have to roll against temperamental.  I'd say bounty hunter in this case.  Agreed? ]

[Greedo's move, stating "despite being inclined to make a run for it" is a bit closer to his weakness of coward, but I wouldn't penalize him for it, since he still didn't rush headlong into the scene. ]

Posted on: March 11, 2013, 10:55:48 AM
[OOPS forgot to take my turn ] [Droid brain (continued) ]
4-LOM turns down his audio receptors a tad, to ignore the noise and commotion from behind him and concentrates on slicing the door.  First he locates the mechanism by which the door itself is raised, it's a simple chain, crank, pully system.  He locates the circuit that activates the internal crank, and gives it some juice.  The grate clicks up a notch.  He realizes there are auto catches in the grooves that prevent the grate from accidentally falling on someone, which also must be synchronously released along with the raising of the grate.  He raises it several clicks more, making sure to release the catches in-time with the raise to prevent the door from jamming.  If only the organic sophonts knew how difficult this stuff actually was!  [ Should be open by next round! ]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(And hence the part of learning the ropes! :P OK, now I have that sorted out, changing to Bounty Hunter then.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Vetoing the coughing, as Bossk is wearing a vacuum suit, as are the rest of the organics.  The sewers do not support an atmosphere and the characters began play with suits.)

(The dice were against Bossk, with his two Yangs and a Yin against a 3...

Yang: 5, 4
Yin: 2

No scene progression, mook level remains at 21.)

(Onto 4-LOM...  And why am I suddenly reminded of a certain puzzle in a certain Wizardy...?)

(Three Yangs and two Yin against a 4...  The dice aren't kind tonight... but they were a bit better behaved this turn...

Yang: 6, 6, 4
Yin, 4, 2

Mook rating reduced by one: 20)

Zuckuss's vision had returned, albeit a few spots remaining.  Considering that his eyes are all lens and retina, he'll be seeing those spots for a while.  But, he could see enough to shoot, and that was what he did.  He aimed between Bossk's wild shooting and picked off any thugs even thinking about disturbing 4-LOM's work.  As a blaster bolt sailed passed his head, he ducked back into his niche for a moment.  "I don't like this..."  He had been in firefights before, but this one was starting to get to him...

(Bounty hunter trait for this one.  Two Yangs and a Yin against a 3...

Yang: 5, 3
Yin: 3

Mook rating reduced by one: 19)

(Show us how an assassin droid does it, Iggy!)

[NOTE:  Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll be heading out of town until Thursday.  I will be taking my computer with me, but I can't make any guarantees that I'll be online.  If Ringman wants to commandeer Zuckuss for a bit and take over DM duties, that's fine.  If you'd rather just put the game on hold until I get back, that works, too.  But, I'm letting you know now.]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
IG-88 rolls for Weapons Master

"ENOUGH. OF. THIS." yelled IG-88. Using his superior assassin droid targeting skills, he began to aim for the enemies head. "GET. THAT. HATCH. OPEN. NOW, FROID!" hollered the frustrated droid while firing his blaster. "WHOEVER. HAS. A. SMOKE. GRENADE, USE. IT. NOW." he ordered. His analytic skills made him realize that if they were going to accomplish this mission, he was probably going to have to take command. IG-88 thought of letting Fett lead, but he couldn't take the chance of relying on a Froid. Survival was the most important task at the moment, followed by the actual assassination itself!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(That's three Yangs and a Yin, against a 5...

Yang: 6, 5, 5
Yin: 1

Mook rating reduced by two: 17)

(You're up, Greedo!)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
(That roll sucked, didn't it? XD)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Well, not entirely.  Now, if you had all sixes, then it would have sucked big time.  But, the two fives were certainly pushing it.)

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
(Greedo rolls for "Bounty Hunter")

Greedo fired his blaster one more and and then stopped to unclip one of smoke grenades he brought with him on the mission. He tossed it at the guards and it released a cloud of opaque smoke that made it near-impossible for their adversaries to see them. He could, however, make us their shadows in the hazed and fired his blaster to shoot one in the head before it got too thick.

"How is that, Rust Bucket?" He snipped at !G-88.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(Darn, I'm having a bad memory lapse again. THE MORE YOU LEARN THROUGH MISTAKES)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Heh, indeed.  I'm only just now remembering the stats without having to check my text files.  Well, I remember that Fett has 4 for all his stats and everyone else who has Bounty Hunter rolls against a 3. 8D  Anywho...

(Three Yangs and a courtesy Yin against a 3...

Yang: 6, 4, 2
Yin: 5

OUCH!  Greedo lost a point of Chi with that five!  So, he has 2.

Mook rating reduced by one: 16)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
(Right rolling for Bounty Hunter)

Seeing an opportunity to steal more kills, Fett grabs another frag from his belt, delays his throw so that the grenade explodes on contact. "Oh, this is going to be over in no time.", smirked an over confident bounty hunter, as the screams of dying soldiers can be heard after the frag exploded. He then grabs his duel blasters, and start laying constant fire towards his unsuspecting prey, while repositioning himself to cause more confusion to his pursuers, so that they're unlikely to pin him down.

"Hmm, seems my aim is more godlike, than I thought." he adds, as he assumes the sound of more bodies hitting the ground tells him that he's hit quite a bunch. Grabbing a smoke nade, but saving it until Greedo's smoke dissipates.

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Three Yangs and two Yin at the cap, against a 4...

Yang: 6, 3, 1
Yin: 5, 4

Mook rating reduced by two: 14)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Rolling for Strongman.

More smoke. Just great. And just after regaining his sight even. Oh well, at least he was aiming in the right direction. As more blobs appeared wthin the smoke, Bossk continued to dual blast the guards, or whatever they are, hearing more thuds as the bodies continued to pile up.

With cover fire from his fellow bounty hunters, Bossk decided to backtrack a bit, and somehow managed to return to the same corpse where he picked up the second blaster. Sheathing his own back, and putting the extra down, Bossk picked up the corpse, and heaved it over his shoulders, then over his head.

"YOU'D LIKE SOME OF US HUH!? HOW ABOUT HAVING A TASTE OF YOUR OWN!?"

Bossk threw the corpse into the smoke, and upon hearing several hard thuds and screams, laughed out loud.

"HAHAHA!! GUESS YOU DON'T LIKE THE TASTE TOO!!"

Bossk took out his blaster again, and solo blasted into the smoke.

(OK, I hope I got this right this time.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Three Yangs and two Yin against a 5...

Yang: 4, 3, 2
Yin: 3, 3

Mook rating reduced by three: 11)