Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!

Quickman · 18924

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(OK, let's see...)

Seeing 4-LOM and Zuckuss turning their attention to IG-88, left a slightly bitter taste in his mouth.

"BAH!! We are all bounty hunters!! We might have pulled through earlier with our... T-T-Teamwork... But I want to go through this alone, and not be bogged down by some Fett!!"

After confirming receipt of the electronic map, Bossk turned and began to trek deeper into the tunnel. Albeit very, VERY slowly...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
"Bossk does have a point," Zuckuss pointed out helpfully.  He remained hesitant to follow for the moment, however, as his working history with Bossk gave him some insight into how the Trandoshan's mind worked.  For Bossk, Plan A was to kill them all and let the Scorekeeper sort them out.  And there usually wasn't a Plan B.

However, it seemed to Zuckuss that Bossk was more on top of things than IG-88 was at the moment, and even though they agreed upon this contract as a team, they were still very much on their own.  Simply put, this was just not a one-being job.  This required more muscle than either of them had on their own--or even as a pair, such is the case with Zuckuss and his droid partner.  And as much as Zuckuss generally disliked Bossk's idea of rushing out into the open with blasters blazing, the cranky reptile still had a very valid point: Action gets things done.

Zuckuss gave one last lingering look at IG-88, then turned to 4-LOM.  "Bossk's right.  We shouldn't wait around here.  The guards, if there are any left, may get suspicious..."  He finally conquered his reluctance enough to start walking, following Bossk down into the tunnel, earholes alert for any sound.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Following them into the tunnel, IG-88 kept his weapon drawn in case of enemies following them, or whatever else awaited them further down. "KEEP. A. SHARP. EYE. OUT. FROIDS." IG-88 commanded. "WHO. KNOWS. WHAT. ELSE. AWAITS. US."

Thus far this assassination plot was more complicated than he had analyzed. Even though he had no qualms with slaughtering the rest of the group, he calculated that his own survival was 79% with the team together than by himself.

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
4-LOM follows along with Zuckuss.  "According to the map, this tunnel leads down a bit further, finally ending at another grate.  I don't think we'll have as much luck getting that grate open as we did the last one, and I doubt there's much reason to anyway.  At some point before it, we should see an access hatch above us.  This will lead to an airlock.  I'm hoping there isn't a welcoming party waiting for us beyond that airlock, but at this stage it seems our only viable point of entrance."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Zuckuss shrugged. "Perhaps someone could go in ahead and make sure it's all clear?"  He cast a look over his shoulder to see if anyone else was following.

(Again, feel free to jump in at any time!  At this point, I'm going to assume that the rest of the characters are following.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
"BAH!! You droids and your overcalculating... Calculations!! When we do reach that hatch access thing, I'll personally bash right in and take care of anything and anyone in my way!!"

Bossk pumped his fist into the air... Vaccum, and laughed heartily. Nothing like good old adrenaline to get the body pumping for action.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Tomorrow, if Fett or Greedo have not posted, I will be commandeering their characters in order to get this moving along.  We still have an airlock to sit in and wait for it to cycle.  Downtime is an opportunity for free play and banter.  You can work on settling in with your character and developing them!  And you don't have to worry about dice rolling or stats, or even waiting for your turn!)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
(My dad's given me a bunch of work to do right now. So for now, feel free to take command. With the little time that I have, I won't have enough time catch up.)

Fear me.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
"Just try to not get killed," Greedo said to Bossk with a tinge of sarcasm that was undetectable to the not-so-bright.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
"Killed? BAH!! I'm no bounty hunter for nothing!!" Bossk laughed heartily, totally missing the sarcasm like a blind man describing an elephant. If elephants existed in this universe.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(They do.)

(Commandeering Fett for downtime...)

Fett shook his head but remained quiet as he walked along with the other hunters.  His hand was resting on the butt of his blaster rifle, just in case.  Bossk's brashness would definitely get them all killed, he surmised.  The Trandoshan was ruthless, but also blind.  He would sooner cover the area in an erratic spray of fire, missing everything in sight.  Perhaps, Fett thought, Bossk should do that.  It would be his own fault, then, should he get hit.

In front of him, he watched Zuckuss scurrying behind 4-LOM.  Small fry.  How the Gand even made it to such heights of notoriety as himself and the others still eluded him.  With that less-than-imposing stature and tendency to flee from a fight, along with other odd quirks that Fett had noticed over the years, to him, Zuckuss simply was not cut out for the trade.  No wonder he partnered often.

Beside Fett, his vacuum suit looking a bit worse for wear, Greedo scowled behind the transparent face plate.  This one showed a degree of intelligence from time to time, Fett nodded.  Though, his brashness, much like Bossk, would surely be his downfall.  At least, he admitted, the Rodian could hold his own in a firefight.  He knew how to shoot properly.  Not a wild spray of wasted shots, Greedo knew to take his time, aim, and fire.  And some of those holes drilled into the mercenaries were testament.  Perhaps there was a bit more to this scrawny green cocksure creature than most realized...

Fett pulled himself out of his musings for a moment to study IG-88, who was vying with Bossk for leadership rights.  He rather preferred the droid's calculated methods, as they reminded him of himself.  And at this moment, long after one legitimate question had been drowned out by back-and-forth bickering, Fett decided to speak.

"If you are unsure of what's beyond the airlock, one of the droids must have a sensor array.  Employ an infra-red sensor sweep."  There.  Simple answer to a simple question.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Bossk stopped in his tracks and turned to face Boba Fett.

"BAH!! Typical Fett response!! Acting all cool and smart... BAH I SAY!! And sensors? THAT'S THE COWARDS WAY!!"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Fett merely crossed his arms in front of him and gave Bossk a level gaze.  "If you want to go charging in, be my guest.  One less means a larger bounty to go around."

Zuckuss watched the banter between Fett and Bossk with nervous apprehension.  He had seen exchanges such as these before.  With other creatures, it often ended in death.  And he knew from experience that Fett was most likely to be the one who would cause that death.  Memories of the Circumtore job came flooding back.  "Perhaps... perhaps Fett does have a point.  They could be waiting for us."

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
"YES. PLEASE." IG-88 muttered out. "KILL. YOURSELVES."

IG-88 was getting sick of his teammates already and it had been less than a day since they teamed up for this mission.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
"BAH!! Fett and his points!! He has dozens of pointy ones if you want!!"

Bossk marched up to Fett and raised his fist... Only to lower it slowly before finally turning away, and continued down the path.

"If you want a sensor sweep, FINE!! But I'll still take the credit of clearing whatever is up ahead!!"

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
4-LOM puzzled at what to do next.  The other bounty hunters were not being consistent with their desires, and this conflict was making his positrons burn.  The code designed as a prevention for lockups in situations like this, forced 4-LOM to take action.  "Well, I'm not going to wait around here for you to come to an agreement.  We have a job to do.  Zuckuss, cover me I'm going to crack this thing open.  This airlock is probably a part of the main communications network, since it likely to have automated instructions in the event of emergencies.  I am doubtful I'll be able to hack it without setting off the alarm, but if there are other airlocks in the system, I may be able to set off every airlock alarm all at once.  Hopefully that will cause enough confusion that we will be met with reduced resistance on the other side."

Without waiting for affirmation, he began hacking the airlock.

[Queue DM.  You can either make a scab roll to see if 4-LOM is successful at his attempt, or just commandeer the story and get us in there so we can get to something more interesting. ]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(One scab roll coming up...)

1.  A solid success!)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Alarms start going off, and the airlock opens. 4-LOM looks to the group. "It worked!  I ... uh ... think.  Now what do we do?"

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
"Make a full scan for hostiles in the area" says Boba Fett, "We must ensure none has detected our presence".

Fear me.

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
4-LOM shakes his head, completely confused by human logic.  "I think its a little too late for that.  They may not know from which direction we're coming from, but they know we are here.  It won't take them long to extrapolate our position in this airlock from the last communication signal with their fallen men and the first alarm we set off earlier, but hopefully the confusion from the other airlock alarms will buy us a few minutes.  Once we get in, our only chance for discretion is to relay the false report that we've been neutralized back to the main command.  I'll need the signed comlink of an officer for that, and we haven't encountered one yet.  I can attempt to fry the airlock's locking code when we get in, so no-one will be able to follow us from the sewers, but that will render this airlock useless for future use, forcing us to find a different exit."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
"GAH!! JUST DO SOMETHING!! FRY!! FRY!!" Bossk foolishly screams at the top of his voice, hoping to get his point across.

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
"UUUUHHHHH ...." 4-LOM stutters and than rushes in to the airlock.  "You-u-u may want to get in here first as we don't want to fry the lock while the airlock is still OPEN!"
[Not sure what to do here.  I don't want to commandeer any body's character.  I assume everyone enters the airlock, but is there any reason anyone wouldn't want to?  DM?? ]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Time to commandeer and get this show on the road!)

Zuckuss nodded. "4-LOM is right.  It would be foolish to destroy the locks while we're still outside of it..." He followed 4-LOM up the ladder.

After glaring hard at Fett, Bossk finally relented, seeing Greedo take to the ladder before him.  The Rodian was shaking his head as he climbed, muttering something under his breath that Bossk did not catch.  Deal with Greenie later... Bossk mused as he climbed the ladder and crowded into the airlock.

Fett waited until an unusually-silent IG-88 climbed the ladder before he joined the rest of the group.  He considered Bossk's behavior as he climbed.  The Trandoshan will be the death of them all if someone did not reel him in.  But, should Bossk wind up hoisted on his own petard, he would have no one to blame but himself.

(That should be everyone.  Now, IG-88... You're a droid, too.  You can do all the same things that 4-LOM does.  It certainly wouldn't hurt to have another logic-driven character in a leadership position. :P)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[ Thank you DM.  Now we can continue with the story. ]  [ Please don't use psychic and run away. ]